jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the “Judgment Day” to you?

1. Sundaymoments profile image78
    Sundaymomentsposted 7 years ago

What is the “Judgment Day” to you?

Is God a God to be feared because of his wrath or is God a loving and forgiving God. So often I hear that God’s wrath will fall on individuals who have done wrong. However I read scripture that God sent his only begotten son so that whoever believes shall not perish but have everlasting life… Is God a loving and forgiving God or is he this God of great Judgment and condemnation???

Can you back your statement with scripture or even a hub??

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/3828391_f260.jpg

2. Titen-Sxull profile image90
    Titen-Sxullposted 7 years ago

The Bible itself is very unclear about the whole thing (probably due to the authors having different ideas). On the one hand God is supposedly merciful, but on the other he plans on damning people to an infinite Hell for a finite list of sins.

What is Judgment Day to me personally? One of my favorite Schwarzenegger films wink

3. romari profile image60
    romariposted 7 years ago

jUDGMENT day is a day in which dead and alive people are being judged by the Lord whether that being is going to heaven or going to the hell... it was said in the bible that the Lord only judge all the nations in just one day..

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

judgement day is just another fear tactic exploited by religion.it has no relevance to real life but if something does happen like a nuclear war , i'm sure religious people will claim this is judjement day and that they have seen jesus.

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

God loves all sinners, but hates and detests all sins.

6. Thesource profile image79
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

Imagine for a moment that  a scientist were to create some lifeforms in a controlled environment and then willfully create some imperfections within these creations.  Then when the imperfections of these creations causes problems, he judges them and punishes them. He then hates some of the outcome of his creations. He is an imperfect creator and does not know what he is getting into. Furthermore he could be a sadist or some sick lunatic.

God in the perfect creator. It was his Divine Will that made man imperfect. The loving God is not a lunatic. He is not going to punish or judge us for our failures.There is another explanation why he created man with imperfections.

To judge man for who he is, you will have to judge God too.

God's is so wonderful that he will not judge us or punish us.
    God is too Good, too Grand and Loving to judge us. God is too Powerful to feel hurt by man failures or any other unfortunate outcomes. As usual this information about God is too Good for most of us to accept.

Jesus showed this in the parable of the prodigal son and many other parables. In these parables Jesus also showed how others who thought that they were good, feel indignant because God gave wrong doers full dignity without judgment.

Our imperfect human nature likes to see punishment on others, who we feel did not do as much as us, or who were not good as us. This is not true with God.

7. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

Judgment Day is the end of time,and the beginning of a spiritual existence without physical bodies.

8. KatieCohen profile image58
    KatieCohenposted 7 years ago

I am glad I don't worry about these things anymore.  I remember waking up in a panic at night worrying about this kind of stuff.

working