jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If there was no God, there would be no afterlife..would you then just go into da

1. profile image53
    bettybootsposted 7 years ago

If there was no God, there would be no afterlife..would you then just go into darkness..what do...

you think happens without faith..

2. profile image0
    AKA Winstonposted 7 years ago

Do you remember anything before you were born?  No.  Can you recall a sentient experience of darkness and dread?  No.

So what makes you think that when the electron transport chain that drives the activities of your brain runs out of fuel that you will know or experience anything?

Have you ever had surgery or a procedure using conscious sedation?  You would have no memory of either event if the techniques were applied properly.

Similarly, if you died on the operating table how would you ever know it?  Your body would not wake up from the anesthesia and say, "Whoa!  I'm dead!"  No, you would never have any conscious awareness after the point of sedation.

What reason is there to think anything other than a  non-feeling, non-aware condition will occur after the body dies? 

When you unplug the computer, it shuts down.  When the body dies, the brain and its electrically stimulated thought processes cease, too. 

Belief in an afterlife is simply one of mankind's methods of managing the fear of death.

3. All_is_well profile image58
    All_is_wellposted 7 years ago

I do not agree with the answer by Winston and winston, yes there are numerous cases where a person claims to have have had an astral body experience while under sedation therfore yes, sometimes at a hightened state, the soul remembers.

An experiment showed it that it could definately be possible. Numerous patients were told to try and see what numbers were written on the paper above the patient IF he/she were to have an outer body experience and not many but some did come up with the right answers which should have been completely impossible.

The body is not just the brain so his answer though devised to make look scientific is actually not, the human body has an energy within us, everything has energy.

Energy can neither be born nor can it be destroyed, energy can only change forms.

Lord Krishna in the bhagavad-gita says: ‘’the soul never takes birth and never dies at any time nor does it come into being again when the body is created. The soul is birth less, eternal, imperishable and timeless and is never destroyed when the body is destroyed.’’

Energy can only change forms:

Lord Krishna says: ‘’Just as a man giving up old worn out garments accepts other new apparel, in the same way the embodied soul giving up old and worn out bodies verily accepts new bodies’’

What happens in between life and death?

Lord Krishna says: ‘’Many, many births both you and I have passed. I can remember all of them, but you cannot, O subduer of the enemy!’’

O Arjuna, all created beings enter into my nature at the end of a four billion, 320 million year cycle; and after another four billion, 320 million year cycle, I generate them all again.

Visit my page for more answers: http://hubpages.com/hub/HOW-CAN-REBIRTH-BE-POSSIBLE

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

you don't go anywhere. you die and that's the end of it. it's so simple that many people hate to admit it.