jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you believe in Out of Body Experience, OBE?

1. NewHorizons profile image81
    NewHorizonsposted 8 years ago

Do you believe in Out of Body Experience, OBE?

Have you perhaps even had this experience?  Tell us about it, how it feels, what you see.  Do you only see your own body, lying on the bed or wherever?  Do you only hover up to the ceiling over your own body and nothing more?

2. spirituality profile image59
    spiritualityposted 8 years ago

There are a lot of reports about OBE's. I have never experienced one, that I remember, but they are certainly not limited to floating over the body.

3. amitkumarghosh profile image59
    amitkumarghoshposted 8 years ago

There is fundamental assumption that all our experiences are otherwise trapped in body. The classical mind body dualism debate. Hindu writings are quite extensive on that.

Let us consider when we are thinking about  our illnesses our body or our looks, is the experience part our physical existence or beyond. If we believe that our consciousness are outside physical realm of our existence we are having out of body experiences all th time.

going away from the phisophical undertone of the issue and coming directly to question. There are several different evidences that can be equated to such experiences most authentic seeming ones are the people who have narrated their |Near deathexperiences" . There people were deep coma and normal conventional sense of consiousness was not availble to them, yet they experienced things ( strangely very similar to each other.

Anyway I hope you are not watching too much of Raaz pichhle Janam ka...

4. zzron profile image55
    zzronposted 8 years ago

Yes I do. We are not supposed  to post links to our own hubs but if you would like to read my story of my OBE its called "My Out Of Body Experience". There are a lot of details, I hope you will enjoy it and be inspired by it.

5. profile image49
    pcmaeposted 6 years ago

YES, when I got in a car accident where I had no seat belts, the impact threw my body around the inside of my car and almost throw the windshield.  During that whole time I felt if I was outside of my body watching myself go through the accident and felt no pain. They took me to the emergency room where I had very little scratch on my head still didn't feel any pain for a few days. It took that long for my soul to come back to my physical self.
    I also have had the feeling I was somewhere else before while I was standing here, but I think they called that De ja vue.