jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why should the UK & US conform to the demands of other religeons when they are t

1. keepitnatural profile image72
    keepitnaturalposted 7 years ago

Why should the UK & US conform to the demands of other religeons when they are the the ones...

settling in 'our' country? I am not racist in any way, but surely even some of these people must find the demands being placed on our society too far?
    I feel like the religious history & background of our country (UK) is being compromised in the fear of offending foreign settlers, how is this right? Would they accomodate our religious beliefs in their country in the same way? Surely you live somewhere, you adapt?
    Please, this is not meant to offend, merely gather honest opinion!

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I believe that if someone comes here, they take it as it is, if they don't like it, they can go home.

3. drdspervez profile image68
    drdspervezposted 7 years ago

Your question is a very valid one and should definitely be kept in perspective. I think people tend to forget that an extreme version of anything is harmful.

I think that everyone has a right to their own opinion.

DR. DURRESHAHWAR PERVEZ

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Islam is completely incompatible with Western Culture, Western Thought, and Western religions.  There will never come a time when Western culture will be compatible with Islam.  The United States and the United Kingdom are under no such compulsion to bow to the demands of a system of thought that subjugates women to the level of cattle, precludes us from drinking alcohol, and gives the death penalty for the slightest imagined infractions against a dream god an idiot saw when he was hallucinating in a cave.  I'll personally fight to the death any Islamo fascist that seek to impose their horrific false reality on me and in my realm.

5. Dave Mathews profile image62
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

I am a Canadian and proud of it. I strongly believe that if you decide to come to Canada my country to live, to start a new life then you must be willing to adapt to the Canadian way of living. The two recognized official Canadian languages are either ENGLISH  or  FRENCH,    choose one or both or go back to where you come from to speak you own. Anglican or Roman Catholic are the dominant religions of Canada choose one and stop trying to force your beliefs down the throats of Canadians. We were here first, this is our country like it or leave it.

6. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

I despise all religions.  I do believe in agreeing to disagree.  I do believe in personal freedoms of beliefs, no matter how stupid, so long as those beliefs don't harm others nor interfere in their lives.

Islam... as in Shiite belief and doctrines, are incompatible with democratic government.  Hindu beliefs are also contrary to democratic government.

Personally I would ban, upon SEVERE punishment, any kinds of prayers or expressions of religion in any public event or government function.  Religious demonstrations and parades would be illegal.  Religious programs on public airwaves would be illegal.

It would also be illegal for any public figure to mention any kind of religious belief while in office.

7. Onyx Fox35 profile image61
    Onyx Fox35posted 7 years ago

I think that all people have the right to practice their religion, and just like a lot of us who like to do the things, that we love, we should do them on our own time...

8. MarcellusShale profile image59
    MarcellusShaleposted 7 years ago

If your talking about some form of christianity imagine how all the people who were forced to follow or die felt. Like during the crusades. Just be happy you have a choice.

9. Orygyn profile image60
    Orygynposted 7 years ago

We shouldn't. What bothers me more though is that only REALLY suspect parties like the BNP are prepared to confront these demands. Is it too much to ask for a secular AND non-racist government?

working