jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If we are Christians, then why is Jesus' revelation to you the opposite of Jesus

1. PlanksandNails profile image86
    PlanksandNailsposted 7 years ago

If we are Christians, then why is Jesus' revelation to you the opposite of Jesus' revelation to me?

2. rishi-bhrigu profile image56
    rishi-bhriguposted 7 years ago

if ten people sit in a desert surrounding a fire, each ones view of the fire will be effected by their own perceptions and views.One might be looking at the fire with the sun facing him directly effecting his eyesight while another could be under the shade of a cactus and see the fire differently.

3. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 6 years ago

I'm sure there is some background to this question, Planks, but I, for one, do not claim to have any revelations from Christ, other than what He has revealed in the Holy Bible. I also tend to be suspicious of those who claim to be prophets and who receive special instructions and revelations from the Lord.

I think two legitimate followers of Christ can come to different understandings and may have differing viewpoints on Scripture, in fact, it happens a lot.

Most of this, I suspect, can be accounted for through education and training. If someone is trained to see something a certain way, then that is generally how they will interpret what they see before them. If the other follower has not been predisposed to a previous opinion or viewpoint, he or she may come up with something completely different, and, who knows, perhaps even more accurate.

4. Tawl Pawl profile image61
    Tawl Pawlposted 5 years ago

Jesus only had one message and one revelation. How people interpret it is what changes, not the message itself.