jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

TRUE or FALSE: "Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to

1. jay2jay profile image61
    jay2jayposted 7 years ago

TRUE or FALSE: "Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God."

2. lemmyC profile image80
    lemmyCposted 7 years ago

To some extent, yes!

A man receives nothing except it be given to him form above. This being the case, all good gifts from from the Father of Light. From the beginning of creation His purpose s that we increase, multiply, replenish and subdue the earth. For those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, we are reminded that as part of the new creation , that we are His workmanship in Christ Jesus and god's purpose from the beginning is that we do good work in this life.
    It seemed okay to presume that all that we are proceed from him, but we need to fan the gift of God in our lives so as to become the person He want us to be.
    In a nutshell, we know who gave us the gift and use it back to the honour and praise of His Name.
    Well, this is my thought. I hope you're okay with it.

3. kallini2010 profile image83
    kallini2010posted 7 years ago

Oh, absolutely!

Thinking of God's creations and our contributions and giving back to God, I remembered a "discourse" that was posted in the comment section on the YouTube under a Salsa Dance clip -- a priceless example of meanness and creativity.

One invaluable God's creation tells another apparently less valuable creation (the value is assigned arbitrarily as you can see below):

"Following your line of thinking, Spanish is actually a retarded deformation of Latin and Arabic.

Notwithstanding the? fact that you are unaware of the definition of the words:

1) retarded

2) language

3) dialect

the fact remains that you are neither intelligent, nor insightful, nor useful as a human being. I hereby order you, in the name of the survival of the species, to cease existing immediately."

==============================================

I wonder  how God views these "gifts"?

4. wademcmaster profile image72
    wademcmasterposted 7 years ago

From a religious point of view it makes perfect sense, and roughly translated it s a good way to follow your life.  Doing your best with your life is a true thank you for the life you have received, while wasting your life can be considered disrespectful to the proviledge of being alive.

5. Supercellbaebe profile image59
    Supercellbaebeposted 7 years ago

I don't believe in God.  But what I do believe in is the Universe.  One might argue that, that is the same as God, just a different name for it.

I believe we live for our own sakes.  We live so our souls can develop, mature and we can learn from our many experiences on earth.  I believe that over time we become wiser and it is all part of one long life, which I hope never ends, because I enjoy and love living so very much.  smile

working