jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Had Jesus been to India?

1. Bijosh profile image59
    Bijoshposted 7 years ago

Had Jesus been to India?

2. safiq ali patel profile image75
    safiq ali patelposted 7 years ago

I read a book many years ago that said Jesus had been to india. The point of the book was that Jesus has been born on earth many times, not once but dozens of times. And that at each birth he went to different parts of the world to deliver the message of the gospel. And that in one of his many incarnations or briths on the earth he didn't just go to india, he was born in India.

3. lostdogrwd profile image61
    lostdogrwdposted 7 years ago

when people ask question like this is when you just don't believe in God or you don,t read  and believe the bible.Revelation 1,8 read I,am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End say the Lord,Genesis 1,1 read In the beginning God CREATED the HEAVEN AND THE EARTH,and read John one, 1 to 9 to learn how God work became Jesus and is still God

4. Ellen Page profile image58
    Ellen Pageposted 7 years ago

I do not think that anywhere in the Bible does it specifically say that Jesus visited India, but that does not rule out the possibility, as much of his life was not documented.

5. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

The ONLY record that Jesus even existed is the Bible.  There is no indication he went to India at all in that book.

6. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 7 years ago

When he was the God in flesh, I think he never been there because the Bible didn't say so smile but now that He is the risen Lord, in spirit He is around the world

7. JDeAngelis profile image60
    JDeAngelisposted 7 years ago

Jesus was sent to the tribe of Israel to lead them back to God. He didn't visit India or any other far off place.

8. japtaker profile image90
    japtakerposted 7 years ago

I don't think there is any historical record of Jesus' having been in India. Perhaps you are thinking of Alexander the Great?

9. Thesource profile image81
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

Actually there are two independent historical evidence that Jesus was in India during those years that bible cannot account for him in the Middle East.

One came from a Russian historian who visited India. There are records in Buddhist temples and man with similar name who behaved in the same way as Jesus behaved in the Bible. Jesus visited Buddhist temples and discussed with them on spiritual topics. He healed, preached and worked many miracles.

Other historical evidence is found on other records
    Here he was a student of  Hindu monk who taught him some of the spiritual mysteries, Hinduism is the oldest religion according to historians. Jesus was again found helping and preaching those spiritual secrets with  the lower caste as well. Eventually this did not sit well with some Hindu priests and  drove him away. He was known to have traveled as far as  Orrisa in India

Main stream Christian institutions do have a vested interest denying this. They will not look into this. Actually this is consistent with Biblical records because it did not have anything to say about him between the age of 12 to 30 years. Records found in India account for these missing years and is consistent with that time period.. Jesus could have easily traveled to India because he had a rich relative Joseph of Arimathea who was known to have business connections in the East.

working