jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think Angels are real?

1. youmeget profile image77
    youmegetposted 7 years ago

Do you think Angels are real?

2. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 7 years ago

Yes I have had 3 encounters here is one below..have a great week
    mike ;0)

Visit from an Angel?

I was living in London England back in 1987; I had been there about 2 years as a missionary. I went to church that Sunday morning and when they asked if anyone wanted prayer I went forward as I was going through a rough spot and needed some encouragement. They laid hands on me and prayed, not a lot happened at that moment but I was thankful for the prayer. I spent the rest of the day with some friends and later that evening went home and retired to bed early.

About 3am I woke up and could feel the presence of someone in the room (I was sleeping on a mattress on the floor) I turned my head to the right and was speechless!

There standing about 7 to 8 feet tall was a golden figure in a robe with a hood and its hands were open to wards me .it had a sash or belt tied around its waste with the ends hanging down about 3 feet.

I was frozen and could not speak and scared....I had such a conviction of how unworthy and sinful I was in its presence. All I could say in my mind was Jesus, Jesus, and then the most tremendous peace filled the room and penetrated my soul...Wow I was no longer a afraid and I was weeping tears of joy. It still did not speak but just stood there and then I managed to close my eyes and when I opened them it was Gone and the room returned to normal...it did ....but I didn't lol....all that week I was as high as a kite and more in love and at peace with God than ever before....

Years later I was training in an YWAM (youth with a mission) base in Salem Oregon and got to hear a pastor by the name of Gary Kinnamon Speak. Gary had written a book on angels. He had traveled around the US interviewing people that had Angel encounters, one of the most popular was a Tall golden Image with hood and lasted about 30 seconds and never spoke...He described to T what I had seen years before ..

And that's my first angel encounter there have been others since. But that's another story ......MikeQ :0)

3. smackins1974 profile image65
    smackins1974posted 7 years ago

Yes I believe there are Angels and that they are there to guide us through life experiences when we need them.

4. Born Again 05 profile image80
    Born Again 05posted 7 years ago

Yes I do believe in angels! Angels are spoken of throughout the Bible. They serve as messengers, healers and protectors. They are God's servants!

5. profile image45
    lookingaheadposted 7 years ago

Interesting as I am including a passage from the Bible in preparation of officicating my youngest daughters wedding. Psalms 91:11 for He will give His angels charge concerning you. Read all of chapter 91.