Can I become a nun if I have two kids?

1. profile image52
    FarraReneeposted 7 years ago

Can I become a nun if I have two kids?

I am divorced but I have two kids that live with dad can I become a nun nothing else seems to work out for me but supposively god is always the right thing to do so it should work great.

2. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 7 years ago

seriously why in the world would you want to do that....with the way the catholic church keeps changing their laws Im sure at some point you could...but honestly I dont think its going to solve your problem...you can serve God much better without the joining an order.
    I admire your desire to serve god , but Jesus came to set you free and to live a wonderful passion filled life....
    I,m  speaking as a former catholic and I,m so glad to be out of it..the instution that is , not the people...God wants you to be free, dont tie your self up in some religious order full of rules and regulations..It all appears nice from the outside, but the friends that I knew that went in all left...

Hope I have been of some help

Love in Jesus Mike :0)

I will keep you in my prayers..God trully has a much better plan for your life!!!

3. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 7 years ago

Check with the vocations office in your diocese.  You marriage may have to be annulled first, and for certain your children must be of majority age.  Aside from that, the option is there, but it varies from community to community.  But, I would give very serious thought and a great deal of prayer to wanting to become a nun just because "nothing else seems to work out."  If you're serious in asking the question that is, and not just being flip.

working