jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do hubbers with religious names turn you away from listening to them?

1. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

Do hubbers with religious names turn you away from listening to them?

names with prophet, lord, apostle etc. as part of their hub nic. do they seem to be a bit too much or is it just me who thinks so?

2. Vishaaa profile image77
    Vishaaaposted 7 years ago

not really. but if they just try to push their believes on me, then i'd never ever listen to them.

3. selene383 profile image60
    selene383posted 7 years ago

Sometimes, it really depends on what mood im in. Most of the time when i listen to someone with a religious name they try to push their believes on me. I still try to listen though, even though it makes me mad.

4. gpinheiro profile image54
    gpinheiroposted 7 years ago

They really do... Normally I run away from this kind of names.

5. profile image0
    Multimanposted 7 years ago

Generally,
    my first impression is this is someone i want to avoid,though I have found later that some turned out to be pretty nice, many have not been.

6. Joan1 profile image56
    Joan1posted 7 years ago

I'm not disturbed by the names.
    But there are too many questions that are religious.
    So many that I even made one.

Something I would normally never do.
    Just let anyone believe what they want and live their life as they please.
    But when you get confronted with it so much, it is hard to ignore it.
    Like Jangaplanet, There is nothing religious in his name. But he is bombarding us with all these religious questions day in, day out.

7. tgopfrich profile image81
    tgopfrichposted 7 years ago

No I will listen to anybody but if they are pushy and have no respect for others beliefs then I just won't read

8. capncrunch profile image75
    capncrunchposted 7 years ago

Names and titles are different things.  But when you see a name or title you don't like, it is by choice whether to read or ignore.  People love controversy.  That is one way to get your question feedback.

If someone seems to have a religious name, there is a good chance you will read some religious topics.  But when religion is bad, what has happened to our society?  True, everyone has a right to believe what they want. 

But, isn't this a great country in which we live.  The first amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America guarantees free excercise of religion and freeom of speech.

9. Zubair Ahmed profile image78
    Zubair Ahmedposted 7 years ago

I don't think I would ignore someone or their hub simply because of their name.  I listen to everyone and I try to read their hubs when I can.  I take information in and if I like it I'll keep it in my head, if don't i'll just ignore it.  But I always treat people with respect irrespective of their views.

If someone talks or writes about religion it does not mean they are trying to convert me, take it as just a simple conversation, it maybe that you can learn something from that interaction and vice-versa.

10. furnitureman profile image59
    furnituremanposted 7 years ago

Hahaha. You know, it happened to me already. My profile photo in my facebook is the photo of "The Eye" of Jesus Christ. I used it because some of my friends are also doing the same. I have a facebook friend from the US donning a photo of Virgin Mary. When somebody called my attention saying, "Please stop using the picture of Jesus Christ," I politely answered him that I will submit to his wishes. I replaced it immediately with a hibiscus flower. I can see that you have a point, but, you know, it would be un-Christian for us to conclude that he has some ulterior motives in doing that. We will never know the real intention of the user. Regarding your question of whether we should turn away from reading or listening to what they say, I think it is quite harsh a decision. We should not judge the book by its cover. Thank you.

working