jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do your lifelong goals simply involve bettering yourself & your famillies lives

1. keepitnatural profile image71
    keepitnaturalposted 6 years ago

Do your lifelong goals simply involve bettering yourself & your famillies lives or do they take into

consideration the greater good of humanity?

2. edmob1 profile image60
    edmob1posted 6 years ago

Difficult question. I would like to think I am humanist first and a family member second.To reflect on my actions over the years of my life,I would say I have shown the pack mentality more than I have shown the tribal welfare mentality.

3. wychic profile image92
    wychicposted 6 years ago

While my plans do take the good of humanity into consideration, and there are many things we would like to do and are doing for the world outside the immediate family, I have to say in all honesty that my family comes first. The world at large doesn't care about them specifically, so that is my primary concern and my first loyalty. In addition, without my family I do not have the support I need to really make a difference in the world. When I know they are taken care of, it frees up my time and energy to then worry about others who are in need that I may be able to help.

4. HattieMattieMae profile image71
    HattieMattieMaeposted 6 years ago

Think that is a trickey question. If it's a job of course you have to pay attention to it, but if it's not a major area of your life like a job, that supports your family, I think it's just something you can do in your spare time and still help out humanity.

For people like me I think it has to be in balance where you have to prioritize in the moment what is most important. At home of course my focus would be on my family and making sure there needs are being met, but outside of home on my job, I have to keep it separate, and leave it at work before I come home.

Even if writing things an a book on such matters at home, it would be only at times when my family is in bed, or doing their own activities that don't include me during their down time. I think you have to just find balance in all activities you like to do and believe in.

5. tgopfrich profile image79
    tgopfrichposted 6 years ago

I believe with bettering myself I become a better person to others.

6. proactrdv profile image70
    proactrdvposted 6 years ago

Lifelong goals are set by you based upon what you feel is suitable for you.

working