jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Which is your favorite hymn? What makes it so special to you?

1. Charlotte B Plum profile image77
    Charlotte B Plumposted 7 years ago

Which is your favorite hymn? What makes it so special to you?

2. Rev. Akins profile image77
    Rev. Akinsposted 7 years ago

I love Lord of the Dance, just because it is a story within a hymn. That and the idea of Jesus dancing no matter what else happens, and knowing that we will one day be able to join in that dance is an image I hold dear. The others I hold highly, Here I am Lord and Onward Christian Soldiers. Both inspire me to serve to the best of my ability.

3. FaithDream profile image81
    FaithDreamposted 7 years ago

Amazing Grace. It speaks to my heart. The first time I really felt the song was when my young daughter sang it in choir.
    I sat in church as they practiced this song and all the children sounded like angels. It brought me to tears.
    This song does it to me everytime.

4. Pedroemose profile image73
    Pedroemoseposted 7 years ago

"There is a Fountain."  I like it because it was written by William Cowper, who was depressed and worried his entire life because he doubted his salvation, but he was still clinging to Christ in spite of his fears.  You can hear the desperation and determination to believe in the song:

"E'er since by faith
    I saw the stream
    Thy flowing wounds supply
    Redeeming Love has been my theme
    And shall be till I die!
    And shall be till I die!
    And shall be till I die!
    Redeeming Love has been my theme
    And shall be till I die!"

It is said that on his deathbed, a look of surprise and wonder struck his face as he said his last words:  "I am not shut out after all..."

5. Civil War Bob profile image59
    Civil War Bobposted 6 years ago

Amazing Grace tells my story...it's that simple...great tune, too.

working