jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Which of the Psalms is your favorite? What makes it so special/moving for you?

1. ThunderKeys profile image66
    ThunderKeysposted 6 years ago

Which of the Psalms is your favorite? What makes it so special/moving for you?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6479898_f260.jpg

2. Prossylink profile image75
    Prossylinkposted 6 years ago

Psalms 119 -Its assuring and I have it in my heart

3. brewskitimeguy profile image59
    brewskitimeguyposted 6 years ago

Pslam 100...make a joyful noise unto the Lord... becuase even in the darkest hours...when you look to the heavens and praise Him...peace and comfort come over  you and the knowledge that He is there right with you.

4. Michele Travis profile image70
    Michele Travisposted 6 years ago

I have loved this since I was a child.  Learned it in Sunday School.

Psalm 100

King James Version   

1) Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

3) Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4) Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

5) For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

Mine is the 23 rd Psalm. It is a promise of God's care for me.

6. LLang43 profile image61
    LLang43posted 6 years ago

Psalm 118 is a favorite because It reminds me that even when I cannot find trust in other people, I can always turn to the Lord and trust what He says.
    Linda

7. Civil War Bob profile image60
    Civil War Bobposted 6 years ago

Psalm 139...it emphasizes God's nature, work, and intricate interest in laying out my Ephesians 2:10 "good works."

8. FaithDream profile image81
    FaithDreamposted 6 years ago

My favorite is Psalm 42. It begins, "As the deer pants for streams of water,
       so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
       When can I go and meet with God? My tears have been my food
       day and night,"
    The reason it is so special is because it is the last thing I read to my dear sister in law before she passed away from cancer.
    This Psalm will always be special to me.

9. fit2day profile image74
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

Psalm 139, it goes into how God knows our in-most thoughts and when I'm wrestling with sin, I often turn to that chapter and ask God to search my heart.

10. jacqui2011 profile image81
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

My favorite psalm is 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd. I learned it as a child and was read out at my Gran's funeral. I love the words which are so meaningful in life and in death. It is a very moving psalm and states that when it is time to die, God will take care of us, and that there is nothing to fear.

11. MsDora profile image94
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

Psalm 91 is my favorite, although there are so many that encourage me.  I read this one every day.  God's promises of presence, provision, protection, deliverance and honor especially speak to my needs as a single woman and an only child.

working