Does catholic a true religion?

1. profile image45
    emmanuel samarposted 7 years ago

Does catholic a true religion?

im also a catholic when I was 8 and inlightened about my religion,...why we need to confess to the priest before GOD...we can pray directly to our creator ,comes in our heart....not a script....being a born a again is really going to christ...not to  any saints..

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 7 years ago

For starters, is Catholic a religion? Yes. But what is a religion? A belief followed by a group of people explaining existance and death. Anything can become a religion within these lines.
    Some say religion is inhearited, however most religions say it is a choice for what you believe. I agree that religion is a belief. If you do not believe something, it is not your religion.
    Catholics desire to know the sins of their people so they claim that you must tell the priest who will forgive your sins. This started in the renaisance period. However, I do not know why entirely. This could be they believe God has better things to do than listen to weak humans or they wish to monitor their people. Jewish religion and Catholics both believe in the scripts more so than the heart. They believe it is a path to God.
    I agree with you in the fact that being born again goes to Christ. The saints were just people. They are not who you should strive for. Yes, they did some important and difficult acts. But they are not who you desire to worship. You should worship God only. It is said there will be no other idols. Well the Catholics have turned people into idols to worship and follow.

3. MBDungo profile image57
    MBDungoposted 7 years ago

The Catholic church is not of God. Jesus teach us to do not call anyone on earth your father when its come on religion for one is your Father, He who is in heaven.
    Matt. 23:9 (note: Jesus speaks religiously)

And many more false doctrine by the Catholic church. MORE MORE MORE.