There is only one religion for this world from God.

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

When religion became larger than the thing that it is supposed to be about  It eclipses the  SON  and the world becomes dark.
      And in the darkness the blind will lead the blind.

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
      GeneriqueMediaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_BRMr2D3unLI/TA7n1VGKZcI/AAAAAAAAAMM/b9jIN1GMEO4/s800/Troll_spray.jpg

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is there anything in particular that I have said that you disagree with  ??

2. r-o-y profile image54
    r-o-yposted 13 years ago

True religion is known by its fruit. When I look at the fruit of Islam all I see is Hate, death and destruction, dehumanization of women. While the religious leaders of Islam like the life of the rich and powerful, the avrage citizen live in poverty. some fruit!  yea right

3. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

obviously.
    the words "religion" and "god" are synonymous.
    just to re-mind : the word G/god is translated in many languages and cultures from the origin:  Ba`al or Lord. One of the oldest known deity's worshiped, reaching as far back as pre-flood.

The Pantheon

1. 6hotfingers3 profile image59
      6hotfingers3posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I respect your statement but I do not agree with it entirely.
      God is a spirit that Christians worship. When people try to hide behind the rules and regulations of Christianity or any faith, it is then a religion. It is not worship. God is about acknowledging that He is the Supreme Being. I've learned He does not care for a lot of legalism. That is what religion is about.

I remember reading in the Bible that God wants us to make a joyful noise. That can also be interpreted to mean, people can worship Him however they wish as long as they are doing it to glorify only Him. that allows people to have many forms of expression but one Being - God.

4. ceciliabeltran profile image64
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

sun and moon.

the religion of the moon came from a mindset that used to worship Ishtar, the Assyrian version of Aphrodite.

The perspective is finding light in the darkness of human emotion.
    whereas the symbol of Judaism is the sun from the pagan symbol of the union of opposites which represents full knowledge. The religion of ethics, control and order.

And let's not forget the Cross which came from the mixture of east and west ideologies. The Tree, the Middle Ground where both light and dark meet in humanity.

5. dawnM profile image57
    dawnMposted 13 years ago

what exactly does that mean?

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64
      ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I read this book about religions and how they are macrocosms of our consciousness. So moon which is archetypal associated with emotion and mystery is the emblem of Muslims. Whereas the Jews chose the Sun and this archetypal symbol is associated with knowledge and all things known logic

The tree usually is the balance of both.
      but usually denotes a kind of sacrifice.

It's just saying that we are organizing the way our brains are organized. Emotion, Logic and Balance.

It's very Jung.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can't agree that it is very Jung. smile As a student of Jung for 25 years now, this is not how I see a Jungian arrives at personal or mass conscious archetypes.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
          Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How are you in a catfight, Earnest?  LOL!

1. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Err .. not that good! lol lol lol

6. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 13 years ago

Personally, I was raised that every culture is different and that the Spirit gave each of us what we need according to our understanding. If the Spirit didn't originally give us a particular understanding, then it's not for us and not for anyone else to try to change us to what the Spirit gave them. Sometimes it's nice to sit back and imagine what the world would be like if everyone embraced this kind of mindset.

7. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

There is only one religion for this world from God.

Hi friends

There is only one Creator-God Allah YHWH of this Universe and hence in principle there had been and is only one Religion from Him; in fact Krishna, Buddha,Zoroaster, Moses , Jesus and Muhammad believed the same religion. Only for the sake of distinction from the corrupted ones, different names had been used.

I agree.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

8. GDNiemandSpeziell profile image60
    GDNiemandSpeziellposted 13 years ago

James said the only religions God accepts involve helping the truly helpless (widows and orphans) and keeping yourself unspotted or unpolluted by the world (James 1:27).

I understand some people think the Bible is bollix; but by standards of human decency, following this kind of lifestyle of itself is a pretty good concept for a practicing religion.

9. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

Galatians 1:8  "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed".

so much for islam.
    bible wins this debate by 600yrs

10. Jaggedfrost profile image59
    Jaggedfrostposted 13 years ago

But the Christians as a whole don't keep or understand their bible and don't believe in prophetic clarification.  "else why are ye baptized for the dead if the dead rise not at all?"   

As a Christian  I can honor Islam for keeping the dictates of their book better then those who ignore everything in their own book that they don't understand and don't practice.

11. profile image52
    Elisah1957posted 13 years ago

A Brief History Of The one Known as Prophet Muhammad
    Regarding the one known as Prophet Muhammad, he was born in a leading tribe of Mecca around 570 A.D. He was an orphan raised by his uncle. Times were bad and many were calling for a deliverer, for during that period, religion meant the serving of many gods and goddesses. A mountain on the outskirts of Mecca contained a cave known as Mount Hira where Muhammad as an adult would go for solitude from the evil, superstition and drunken orgies that was accepted as normal. He was said to have been visited by the angel of G-d. (Gabriel). Over (23) years the words of the Quran was giving to Muhammad by divine method. This was said to have been the only miracle G-d bestowed upon him. Muhammad could barely write his own name but produced a book with no help from a peer. The transcription was done in the cave. Muhammad words giving to him through the Quran became known as that being similar to the Israelites, not a religion but a way of life (Islam), the doctrine eventually became a threat to the ruling authorities. For ten years the converts were subjected to abuse and torture but the movement continued to grow in spite of opposition and hardships. Muhammad was eventually chased out of Mecca by threat of death.

The Promise

G-d promised Abraham many descendants, it was forfilled, the Gentiles were offered salvation. G-d also promised Abraham son Ishmael to be a great nation, having twelve princes among his posterity.(Genesis17:19-20). G-d is not a liar. As is prayed among the Jews, spoken in the Haftorah Blessing: (Blessed are you, O L-rd our G-d, Ruler of the universe, rock of all ages, righteous throughout all generations. You are the faithful G-d, Promising and Then Performing, First Speaking Then fulfilling, for all your words are true and righteous);
    For as said by G-d in

(Romans 9:15) For G-d had said to Moses, if I want to be kind to someone, I will.  And I will take pity on anyone I want to.

Sourced in (Isaiah 45:11) The L-rd the Holy One of Israel, Israels creator says: What right have you to question what I do? Who are you to command me concerning the work of my hands?

(Isaiah 45:15) Truly, O G-d of Israel, Savior, you work in strange mysterious ways.

G-d will do what He please! This holds true to G-d word of King Cyrus of Persia (Isaiah 44:28) and (Chapter 45) for G-d was not the G-d of King Cyrus but created him for a purpose. The reading of these chapters and the reign of King Cyrus will bring intrigue.

Those whom allow the Holy Spirit to guide their paths, instructs in ( To Listen) ( To speak Little) (To Discern) and ask for wisdom and understanding and through this gift will be given much knowledge but one must have the spirit of tenderness and mercy.

The tongue is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. (James 3:5)

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Correction, Muhammad himself made that claim, no one else ever saw him talking to an angel. He was probably lying.  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)