jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is the World flat?

1. DanuckInUSA profile image61
    DanuckInUSAposted 7 years ago

Is the World flat?

With the creation and explosion of the internet and the dissolution of nations through the anonymity it provides has the world once again become flat?

2. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 7 years ago

no,because people are still doing stupid things so it will never go flat!!

3. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 7 years ago

At first glance, I admit that I was prepared to make a smart aleck retort to this question - out loud, not here...lol  After reading the question in it's entirety, I gave it a little more serious thought.  I see exactly what you mean.  I don't necessarily think flat is the right word - more like stale.  And I don't think the world itself is getting stale, just the attitude of the folks who populate it.  Nothing is unreachable anymore.  There isn't the same drive that we use to have to discover new things, see new things, encounter new people.  A friend in France is just a click away, so we may be as connected to that person as we are to the people right in our own homes every day.  Because they're French, they don't make France sound like anything special (to them it's just home), so we aren't drawn to want to visit for the sights, the sounds, the history, et al.  This is actually a really great question, and one I'm glad you posted.

4. arb profile image79
    arbposted 7 years ago

Is the world flat? Only when I am laying down! Just kidding! I think it has actually become more complex. Although information comes quicker and there's more of it at our finger tips, separating it takes forever. The sheer volume of bad information propogates an endless stream of absurd theories and opinions propagated as fact. Sifting through the hypotheticals to get real information is eating up a lot of time we could be living.

5. akuigla profile image61
    akuiglaposted 7 years ago

Yes it is.
    Because of intolerance and hatred, the world couldnt take it no more.

6. tgopfrich profile image81
    tgopfrichposted 7 years ago

no its pretty round, or at least thats what they want us to believe

working