jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How does God talk to people/you?

1. mikielikie profile image66
    mikielikieposted 7 years ago

How does God talk to people/you?

I have gone to church just about all my life and really believe in the God of Gods. Even co-taught Sunday school at my old church. But I can honestly say that I have never talked to Him. Why not me?

2. C.S.Alexis profile image93
    C.S.Alexisposted 7 years ago

My own feeling is that God speaks to me through an inner voice. It is an intangible thing. There are no spoken words, no written words and no exact words. The message comes like the wind, the whisper in the trees as the leaves rustle.... A whistle... read more

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

God speaks to us through Scripture.  One has to be very careful in saying God speaks to them because often it is just our subconscious.  He gave us His Son so that we might live, what more can we ask of him?

4. incomeguru profile image96
    incomeguruposted 7 years ago

There are books God sent to his prophets, like Moses, Jesus son of Mary, and prophet Muhammed (SAW). Reading these books is like communicating with God.

5. JMHeller profile image69
    JMHellerposted 7 years ago

He speaks through scripture, prayer, and fellow Christians. Through prayer I talk with God, I can't say he has talked back. What he has done is confirmed things in my life. I would pray for confirmation, asking him to open the doors he wants open and, shutting doors that should be closed.

working