jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think that color really matters anymore?

1. LonghornComedy profile image60
    LonghornComedyposted 6 years ago

Do you think that color really matters anymore?

In the day and age that we are in now, do you think that color should or is a contributing factor to anything any more.  You go to the gas pump, gas cost everyone the same.  You do your taxes, you still have to pay the same taxes.  So does it really matter anymore what color you are?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I think that you will get two answers. White people will say that color doesn't matter, but people of color will say it does.

I say this because I am a woman, and people will say--we have equality and technically we do.  But try being a woman and having meaningful conversation directed at only at your husband.  Or a mechanic not explain things to you because he assumes you do not understand.

Or the worst:  someone insults a strong, capable man by calling him a girl....what?  why is that an insult?

I think it is the same for black people.  Sure they technically have the same rights we do--but we need to walk a mile in their shoes to truly understand the little prejudices and insults they have to deal with on a daily basis.

I think this will change in the coming years.  There is still a living generation who balks at equality for all.  I hope one day color truly does not matter.

3. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Sometimes. It depends on where you live and those around you as to how you will respond to those with different color. I live in America in the southern states. There is still a lot of racial profiling going on here. Because of this, many people focus on color.

4. tfhodge profile image58
    tfhodgeposted 6 years ago

Noticing color should derive from an appreciation for a divinely created variety of beauty. Hating skin color is contempt for God's divine creative imagination. The hater hates what he has and what she cannot possess.