jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

Do you think of yourself more as religious or spiritual?

1. cjcarter profile image76
    cjcarterposted 7 years ago

Do you think of yourself more as religious or spiritual?

2. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

I know of myself as one who know and walk with GOD moment by moment. This is the highest destiny that an human being can have while living on the earth. To obtain this will cost you everything in this world to have this kind of relationship with GOD. I do have this kind of relationship with GOD.

3. julie58 profile image58
    julie58posted 7 years ago

Definitely spiritual! I'm certainly not into religion but I do believe in the afterlife, a Higher Being and angels ...

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 7 years ago

Spiritual. There are too many religions and I would hate to pick one. Also most religions rely on you to be spiritual, so some people could be both.

5. HOOWANTSTONO profile image59
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 7 years ago

I am Born Again.
    Rev 3:5     He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

6. ashleylpearson profile image56
    ashleylpearsonposted 7 years ago

I would definitly consider myself both. I am religious because I do believe in Jesus Christ and I do follow  the word of God (The Bible). I however do truly believe that having a strong relationship with God is spiritual. I feel that there are a lot of people who say they are christians but it is mostly for status or their own selfish reasons. I believe that people look to far into it. God is a loving God and all he wants with you is a relationship with you. No matter your faults or fears. It is about a trusting and faithful relationship that no one else could ever give you. God can give you a peace in life that nothing ever could.

7. DoubleScorpion profile image79
    DoubleScorpionposted 7 years ago

I am the Spiritual Type. Getting in tune with your inner self and being completely honest about who and what you are is a very enlightening experience

8. aprilajune profile image57
    aprilajuneposted 7 years ago

I think of myself as both. My religious beliefs drive my spiritual awareness. I don't see how you can separate them if you follow a religion.

9. Nrjsh profile image65
    Nrjshposted 7 years ago

Spiritual person!!! because we are praying for same God....

10. ravenlt04 profile image63
    ravenlt04posted 7 years ago

Definitely spiritual!  I think religion is like studying history, without true feeling/meaning and restrictive.  One's spirit is individual/personal, and one's spirituality is based on his/her personal relationship with God.

11. profile image0
    CollBposted 7 years ago

I am more religious.  I believe in a God and pray from a selection of prayers I'd learnt when young.

The spiritual side comes from believing in a God, the Holy Spirit and angels and hence why I've always associated the spiritual with religion when I see some practicing a spiritual life through using karmas and meditation in their lives.

Yet religious practices use prayers in a meditative form which helps the person to relax.

In some ways, I'd like to develop my spiritual side more but I always revert to religious beliefs and practices in my daily life and I've got to say, it really helps me throughout the day.

12. Max_Power profile image61
    Max_Powerposted 7 years ago

I am more spiritual. Rightly or wrongly, my idea of God just does not fit in with the views of organised religion.

13. profile image53
    Sunil Bhojwaniposted 7 years ago

I'm a Spiritual, because being spiritual itself being religious, religious towards your doings.

14. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 7 years ago

I would like to think I am more spiritual.

15. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

i think of myself simply as one o gods deciples

working