jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it logically possible to prove that something does not exist?

1. SpiritPhilosopher profile image53
    SpiritPhilosopherposted 7 years ago

Is it logically possible to prove that something does not exist?

Surely it is possible to prove that something does exist but not possible to prove that it does not?
    Because that would require knowing everything about everything would it not?

2. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

Yes. It is called GOD. GOD threw in a bonus to me on August 1, 1982 A.D. a Sunday morning GOD shown me in a vision the other side of death. It is glorious. You can logically possible to prove now that the other side of death does not exist. Go for it and I would like to see your answers because I have personally seen and experience the other side of death and I live in total recall of it every moment of my life. Now prove it and knock yourself out while logically proving the other side of death does not exist. This should be very entertaining with your logically mind. Do it do it do it. Now now now. Bye bye bye. Your arms are too short to box with GOD. First round bell rings and goes through to the 15th round. Decision and results is: KNOCKOUT in 15th round by your own hands because you swung so many punches at GOD and miss because your arms are too short and in the 15th round you swung with all of your might at GOD while GOD just stood there while you missed to connect and connected your punch to your own head and knock yourself cold. GOD then had to bring you out of it and that is very funny. When will you ever learn? For some people it will be never.

3. aka-dj profile image75
    aka-djposted 7 years ago

I agree with you.
    You can't prove the non-existence of something.
    This idea si typically used about God, which is as futile as trying to prove He does exist. If proof was needed, faith would be irrelevant.
    Plus, exist, refers to some physical object, which needs no proof, because it just IS.

4. Dweiss profile image55
    Dweissposted 7 years ago

Yes, through the law of noncontradiction. Something cannot exist, if its very existence contradicts itself. For example: square circles

working