jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

We know death is an unavoidable eventuality so why do we not know when we will p

1. PK2010 profile image80
    PK2010posted 6 years ago

We know death is an unavoidable eventuality so why do we not know when we will pass away?

2. Ancillotti profile image61
    Ancillottiposted 6 years ago

Because we are very attached to this world. We learn this as children. Acrfeditar insist on that at some point our parents, brother and friends will die, but we can not accept that at some point come to our time.

3. W.W. Wickett profile image36
    W.W. Wickettposted 6 years ago

Humans ultimately have agency over their own actions, even if their agency can be manipulated by outside forces. Further since humans react to the universe in which they occupy instead of controlling it there is no possible way to properly chart out the entirety of the course of events that would lead to the extermination of a human life.

4. tebo profile image86
    teboposted 6 years ago

It might be because we are here to live the life we are living and if we knew when our time was to come we may not live our lives to our full extent. I know of a lady who knows when her time is coming however she is psychic.

5. Abhaque Supanjang profile image80
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 6 years ago

Because we were sent to the world by the God to do homage to Him; our life is not ours but belong to the Almighty; If Allah has called us to set back to Him, no one can obstruct it. If you say, we (in general) do not know the time when we will pass away -- but this condition is not for all human. Many muslims have known the time when they will pass away several days before their death; a couple of weeks before they die; a couple of months; and one year before their death. It depend on their belief quality; those ones who get the signs of their death a year before the Angel Izrail (the angel of death) comes to pull out their soul, usually have belief quality over the average; so with the months, weeks, or days. As far as I know, the death sign will come to every body started from 1 year, 6 months, 3 months, 40 days, 7 days, and 3 days before the death -- no matter what religion they are in. The problem is, many of the concerned humans do not care with the sign -- and for some others who can catch the sign remind calm and try not to tell other -- afraid of their sadness. But some wise men among muslims that I ever know in this matter, usually told the signs to the ones that they really know well.

6. Meg Ingram profile image60
    Meg Ingramposted 6 years ago

I was brought up  learning about god and what not , i was always told that you preplan your life here on earth that  earth is like a lesson  each of us has our own life lessons  to learn . And when we come down we are not to recall such things because we have to learn. Now to your question why we dont know when we die i can only gather that if we truly knew it would scare us that knowing the end was so close. wouldnt help us  but make us more nervous. Could you imagine those who knew and how they would act all paranoid . thats my thought on your question