jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever considered commiting suicide...if so what where your reasons

1. sir_tallest profile image66
    sir_tallestposted 7 years ago

Have you ever considered commiting suicide...if so what where your reasons

2. kittythedreamer profile image98
    kittythedreamerposted 7 years ago

I did when I was going through a bout of severe depression as an adolescent, but I told myself that life would get better...that I just had to be strong and wait until my moment to live my life how I wanted to live it.  You cannot bind yourself to such sad and destructive thinking...suicide accomplishes absolutely nothing and is a waste of a beautiful life that has been given. No matter one's circumstances, know that you have the power to make your life better...and even be grateful for what you have now.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

When I was a teen someone spiked a drink I had and I had some kind of paranoid trip.  I got very claustrophobic and felt I was locked in my body--and the only way out was suicide.  Luckily I had friends who took care of me.

Never did another illegal substance from that point on--today it is even hard for me to take an aspirin-and I still have panic attacks left over from that incident.

4. Elizabeth99 profile image61
    Elizabeth99posted 7 years ago

Yes. Sadly to say lots of times. Even though I knew I would never do it, I still thought about giving up and giving in.

5. selfbetter profile image57
    selfbetterposted 7 years ago

I did think about it at some point some years ago. Reason: finances. I thought there was no way out of the situation. The only solution that could save my family (financially) was money from life insurance. Pretty crazy.

Immersing myself in the scriptures and my awesome wife and kids helped me to get through the rough times. Scriptures are full of promises made by perfect God who never lies. I figured that if I just do what I think He expects from me, I will be fine.

And I was right. Some unexpected things happened and the problems disappeared. Every problem eventually goes away.

6. Roger Rabbit profile image59
    Roger Rabbitposted 7 years ago

Every single day I think about blowing my head off at least twice. Never have a good reason, it's just a joke to me, like oh why don't I just stick my head in the oven because House is a repeat tonight.

working