jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What causes Spiritual Blindness?

1. Jangaplanet profile image76
    Jangaplanetposted 6 years ago

What causes Spiritual Blindness?

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

I think that when a small child is brainwashed with the concept of spirituality it is almost impossible for them to think any differently.

Any knowledge that contradicts this belief that they have been brainwashed with seems wrong to them because they think they know the truth.

I guess, the fact that they have been brainwashed with the concept of spirituality and also brainwashed into believing that anyone telling them any different is a liar is the cause.

3. KRadke profile image57
    KRadkeposted 6 years ago

"Why is it so hard for people to believe in Jesus Christ?"

If you ask me, because over the last 2000 years, so many things have been said and done about it. People have been murdered, abused, lies...

More than anything, I believe that there is a lot of confusion out there. Every church claims to be "the one who has it right" and people are just sick of it. Bad experiences, it is a choice of protection. I know many people who were raised in it and now run from it, because they were forced, never understood or were simply disappointed.

"Why do Christian's believe in something that they cannot prove?"

Believing in God and in anything invisible for me is based on personal experience that you cannot prove to somebody else. I don't want to call it a phenomenon, because that is a bit weird - :-) - but for me, I always like to tell people that I do not consider it is my business to persuade them that God/Jesus Christ exists. That is God's responsibility, not mine.

... :-D Man. One could write an entire series on this. I am sure it has been done maaany times, so... I will stop right here.

4. SpiritPhilosopher profile image52
    SpiritPhilosopherposted 6 years ago

Physical Vision causes Spiritual Blindness!