jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

How has your life been different than what you’d imagined?

1. Vishaaa profile image78
    Vishaaaposted 6 years ago

How has your life been different than what you’d imagined?

2. PETER LUMETTA profile image58
    PETER LUMETTAposted 6 years ago

I don't think I ever imagined doing what I do except in the present. I've thought of fantasies but never really thought they were going to happen only that I wish they would happen.

3. www.lookseenow profile image60
    www.lookseenowposted 6 years ago

66 years ago when I was 13 I remember walking in town with my leather jacket.  If you wear a leather jacket—wow—you be something!

Passing by the store windows I’d admire my reflection:

“How about that leather jacket?”

Now what?  Do I miss it?  Do I label it the good old days?  I never thought I would get old.  My elder peers would say emphatically:  don’t get old!”

As if I can prevent it, but no—now I’m saying that to others.  It wasn’t until I’m 29 that I remembered my Grand Creator in the days of my still young manhood.  That was before now—the calamitous days—the years that have arrived when you will hear me say:

“I have no delight in them.”  (Ecclesiastes 12:1)

4. Brinafr3sh profile image77
    Brinafr3shposted 6 years ago

I've imagined owning my own home by now, but I don't as of yet.

5. catsong54 profile image61
    catsong54posted 6 years ago

I never thought I'd be living in the mountains by myself and I sure didn't think I'd live in this state!

6. stuff4you profile image65
    stuff4youposted 6 years ago

Ask yourself these questions if to help yourself determine whether you're living the life that you want or not.   Do I like my job?  Is everything I do just a means to an end?  Do I really enjoy being married to my spouse? (this one might be harder... read more

7. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Your question is far more intense and provocative than it first appears.  I have sat at the keepboard for several minutes trying to answer it.  Three times, I have erased and attempted a new though!

Even as a young girl, I wanted to be a wife, a mother, to travel, to cook and to  write.  All of these things I have done........but I was SO unprepared for the timing of the details.  Life doesn't always adhere to schedules and good timing. 

My Grandmother once told me, that it was a terrible thing to have your children live  far away from you.  At the time, I thought her to be a sentimental old lady...........I never expected to feel what she felt~~ and now, I do.

I expected to have far more control over the changes.

8. sophia jia profile image55
    sophia jiaposted 6 years ago

there is a saying that you never know taste of the next chocolate in box. the chocolate just like our life, only you have experienced it, or else we cannot have a deeply feelings and impression for it. so, almost everyday life of mine is rather different from my expect and imagination.

9. mommyneal6 profile image78
    mommyneal6posted 6 years ago

My life is what I thought it was going to be as a big picture, but it's the minor details that are very different. I expected to be done with college and doing my career now instead of having 4 kids and working on it now. I never imangined myself marring the man I did or actually having that many kids. It's not a bad change just was a little unexpected.

10. FranYo profile image59
    FranYoposted 6 years ago

If "imagined" means, How is my life is different than what I "expected", well NO! 
    My life turned out much richer and more full of love than I thought I would ever have for my future.  As a lose-cannon foster kid, I really didn't think I'd have so much of everything:  joy, love, financial stability, good marriage, happy children, world travels....

BUT, as that foster kid once did a whole lotta dreaming,
    If "imagined" means, How is my life is different than what I "dreamed", well, YES!
    I've had travels all over the world and know how fortunate I am to be living a "dreamed" of life.  I feel very fortunate!

11. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I never thought I would have children and I had two--the greatest pleasure of my life.  And I think I am surprised I lived this long.  My dad as 49 when he died, and my mom 53--so I outlived them my by a few years.

working