jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

What do you pray for beyond materialism?

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

What do you pray for beyond materialism?

2. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

I pray for protection, strength, emotional control and wisdom. I am not as strong as I should be in the spirit or in faith. I have problems controlling my emotions. I also don't always have wisdom and quite frankly can learn something and want to share it, but forget how to explain why. I know most people pray for health, money, love, protection of themselves and others or objects... But I don't think God will give us anything until we are ready or test us with something we can't handle.

3. DonDWest profile image60
    DonDWestposted 6 years ago

I pray for belonging, discovery, energy, and having a good memory so I can pass tests and thusly increase my choices, options, and freedom in life.

4. Ken Barton profile image57
    Ken Bartonposted 6 years ago

I pray for my wife's protection, healing, and our long life together.  The Lord will take care of all our other needs beyond these.

5. profile image0
    SilentSmile08posted 6 years ago

Pray for  my families  well being. most of them aren't doing so well these days , i pray for people i don't know the homeless to the patients in the hospital.. my prayers are different every night.

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I don't pray for material things like possessions.  I pray for each family member and that they will be healthy and happy, and be drawn to God's Word.

7. dillon102 profile image68
    dillon102posted 6 years ago

I never prey for material items. I prey to get rid of my bad karma, it seems like nothing goes my way.

8. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 6 years ago

Peace in my life and others. In todays world with everything in a whirlwind, to find peace within is something worth its weight in gold.

9. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

I pray for holistic health and whole-of-body wellbeing and vitality.                                               .

10. eddiecarrara profile image95
    eddiecarraraposted 6 years ago

I pray for other people, even people I don't know. If I see someone who is having trouble, I send them a little prayer. I also pray for good relationships with friends and family, relationships seem to be the roots of our existence.

11. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 6 years ago

Every night, my husband and I pray for forgiveness, we pray in gratitude for every blessing of the day, and we pray for one more day, one more week, one more month, one more year, one more decades, and then many decades together - due to the fact that he has several chronic health issues that could possibly take him at any time.  We pray to be a better spouse to the other, to never take each other for granted, and that when it's time for us to leave the earth, we may leave together.

12. Torch Harrison profile image84
    Torch Harrisonposted 6 years ago

The safety of missionaries.  Often they go to places where it can be very dangerous to be...either because of the geography or the political situation.

13. Thesource profile image79
    Thesourceposted 6 years ago

My deepest prayer is to have the faith of spiritual masters like Jesus and Buddha.