jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Does the name given to a person actually have any effect on the person's life...

1. sir_tallest profile image65
    sir_tallestposted 6 years ago

Does the name given to a person actually have any effect on the person's life.......

.......or the way he/she lievs it

2. iftikhar Tariq Kh profile image59
    iftikhar Tariq Khposted 6 years ago

Perhaps it is a cultural thing but where I live, it does.

3. stars439 profile image72
    stars439posted 6 years ago

That is a very good question. I think it could . I think a bad name might give someone a complex. A good name might make a person feel a little proud. The name David for example. When I think of a David I think of a Christian kid. My real name is Leon. I knew a judge that was named Leon, and that made me feel very good.
    I also saw a werewolf movie where the werewolf was named Leon. Remember the not so bright hit man named Leon in The movie "The Professional."  I have never heard of any presidents named Leon. I would have liked to have been President of the United States, but no one is going to elect a Leon. You see what happened to me. I did not become President because of my name. Just kidding.

God Bless You. Take Care.

4. cjcarter profile image76
    cjcarterposted 6 years ago

This is so funny that you would ask this question today! I was listening to a great radio talk show on the way to work this morning, and they talked about someone named God's Gift. A name like that may put a damper on his dating life... "Hi, I'm God's Gift. What's your name?"

5. profile image0
    Multimanposted 6 years ago

Yeah, when its time to get food stamps, they call you by your last name, so if you have a last name beginning with a letter way down the alphabet like xyor z your last on the list and wait the longest.

6. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

In terms of Feng Shui, yes it does has an impact in their lives. That is if you believe in Feng Shui. If not, it will still happen but you do not know why,

7. Brinafr3sh profile image81
    Brinafr3shposted 6 years ago

A person's name possible could have an effect on their life. Some names have unique meanings, I have a fun hub about "meanings of names" .

8. LVidoni5 profile image82
    LVidoni5posted 6 years ago

I don't beleive a name defines a person, rather it's the person who defines a name. For example: Perhaps I'd want to name my child Adolf but someone ruined that name for me.

9. profile image0
    Word Drawposted 6 years ago

Yes I think it can, I wouldn't date someone with a name I didn't like, also I think the book Freakonomics has a chapter on names and how you can predict how well a person will do in life based on their name.

10. Mercredi profile image66
    Mercrediposted 6 years ago

If you name your son Elnab Snabeer Justrab Fuslaljoy it might have a negative impact on their life. In Quebec it's against the law to name a kid something that can come back to haunt them: http://westernstandard.blogs.com/shotgu … abies.html