jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do we really create our own reality & future or is this predetermined by God, or

1. keepitnatural profile image71
    keepitnaturalposted 6 years ago

Do we really create our own reality & future or is this predetermined by God, or destiny we must...

fulfil?

2. profile image0
    Muldanianmanposted 6 years ago

I think it can seem like life is predetermined, especially when things are going wrong.  It seems like the odds are sometimes stacked against us, and I have found myself questioning what lesson I am supposed to learn when this happens.  But, if life really were predetermined, then there would be little point in trying to do anything for ouselves, believing we have no control over our own lives.

3. Sesshoumaru2st profile image59
    Sesshoumaru2stposted 6 years ago

Listen,God made it clear he doesn't make our choices,but he does encourage us to do good.We shape our own destiny and whatever happens to us is because of our mistakes and lack of knowledge.

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

we do what we do and this is what determines our reality, our future and how others treat us. it has nothing to do with some god .

5. profile image0
    Robert Veightposted 6 years ago

I believe that God does have a plan for us, and wants us to fulfill our human potential while on this earth.  The greatest difference between us and all other life forms, is our ability to 'choose.' 

Throughout our days, weeks, months, and years, we get to choose our direction.  You, yourself, can decide to change courses at this very moment.  Of course, you cannot immediately change your situations, but you CAN absolutely change your 'direction' right now!  That is a very empowering thought, isn't it? 

So, you can review your life up to this point, and you can decide what areas you wish to change.  Write down some of your most significant achievements and what you are already proud of, and use this list as a positive stepping stone to more goals.  Then take even the smallest steps toward your new directions.  Keep them fresh in your mind and reveiw daily.  When something negative happens or when a roadblock comes your way, do your best to adapt and be flexible, knowing that it's not so much what happens to you, but what is most important, is the way you handle life's challenges.

If you are a person of faith, then by all means, pray to God about it, asking for his guidance.  You do not have to continue in the same directions, or do the same things you did yesterday.  The choices are all yours - Best Wishes!

working