jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe that Prayer is one of the signs of disbelief in 'God'?

1. SpiritPhilosopher profile image53
    SpiritPhilosopherposted 6 years ago

Do you believe that Prayer is one of the signs of disbelief in 'God'?

2. Zubair Ahmed profile image78
    Zubair Ahmedposted 6 years ago

Prayer is not a sign of disbelief in God but the opposite.  We pray to God to thank Him for giving us all we have, and we ask Him for his Help and Guidance in our lives.

It's a bit like asking your boss for a pay rise.  If you want a pay rise you wouldn't go and ask a person on the street to increase you salary it would most likely be your boss or manager.

In a similar way you ask for help from your Creator - God.

3. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 6 years ago

I was under the impression that there are directions for praying in the bible. Comments about praying and punishments for praying to the wrong god are in the bible. I can't see how praying could be considered a sign of disblief. That would assume that all the words concerning prayer would be a lie from god. I can't picture any god remaining in favor that habitually lied to his believers.

Also as an atheist I have never considered looking to those who pray as being fellow non-believers. Prayer is actually a sure sign the person praying, is a believer in what ever god they are praying to.

4. SpiritPhilosopher profile image53
    SpiritPhilosopherposted 6 years ago
  5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

to me prayer is like meditating. it gives the person a feeling of peace and helps them get over their fears. it is all about your mind, if you believe in something, you can make it feel and seem real.

6. Owl In The Barn profile image57
    Owl In The Barnposted 6 years ago

No. A man who thinks he need not pray is only fooling himself. Without prayer what do you expect to receive? Again this question will make no sense at all to a Christian.

Your question is a sign of disbelief, because you obviously have no idea what you are asking?

Nothing worse than a man who thinks more highly of himself than he does God. Read Matt7;vs7. That answers your question.