jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is your religion passed on from your parents?

1. WriterDJ profile image72
    WriterDJposted 6 years ago

Is your religion passed on from your parents?

if you were born from parents of different faiths would you follow their religion?

2. irenemaria profile image71
    irenemariaposted 6 years ago

No not at all. I started to study the Bible thoroughly when I was passed 30 years of age. I found wonderful things that my parents never knew.

3. JT Walters profile image80
    JT Waltersposted 6 years ago

Roman Catholic, absoluetly and there is no margin for error.

4. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

I do not follow any Religion ... I Follow Allah's Ordained Way, in my ... what Is ... His Granted ... Life ...
    I Follow, The Way of Peace ... Meaning, Islam.

And just as my inherited Genes, Physically make me my Parents child ...  ... I, like all children, have also Inherited, their Minds ...
    Exactly as they inherited their Physical bodies, and their Minds ... Mental and Physical Paradigms ... of their Parents.

Like the Universal similarity of our Physical Structure ... There is also the Universal Similarity of the "Natural" Human Mind ... we not only inherit our Parents Physiques, but also, their Minds ...

Religions are mostly Taboos ... in it ... there are virtually no Freedoms of the follower's body, or for the shackled human mind.

Praise be to Allah ... Those Following The Ordained Way ... Meaning, those who Believe and Practice The Law ... Pass on their Bodies and Minds ... to their Faithful Progeny.

Au Contraire ... Religions are man-made stuff ... not The Word, of God ...

Thus, in case of Parents Following differing "Religious Faiths" ... their child, while inheriting their Natural Physical features ... may be forced to follow their bequeathed Synthetic Thinkings ... thus, Religion/s ... Contrary to the Natural Human Mind ... or may not follow any Religion ... and if it persists ... may not Believe !

5. jessyferari1 profile image60
    jessyferari1posted 6 years ago

I was born a Roman Catholic. My grandparents and parents from all sides of the family are Catholic. So unless u choose to mary out of the Catholic faith i see no way for it to be escaped. My sister is married to a muslim, but dude is now studying to be a pastor. loll.

6. profile image0
    Lynn S. Murphyposted 6 years ago

I was baptized into the Lutheran demonination and maintained that religion that most of my life and raised my kidlets in. However, I have worshipped with other demoninations and found that there more similarities than differences in doctrine of which I totally rejoiced in. As long as they were/are Christian I find that I can worship anywhere, anytime, with anyone.