jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why when I quote any passages from the Holy Qu'ran is my Hub marked as duplicat

1. muslima61 profile image80
    muslima61posted 6 years ago

Why when  I quote any passages from the Holy Qu'ran is my Hub marked as duplicate..

2. bloggering profile image71
    bloggeringposted 6 years ago

I've had a similar issue on some of my posts. Try rewording it - noting that it is reworded to avoid hub duplication penalty. Your readers will understand.

3. profile image55
    Donald Eposted 6 years ago

This will happen if the quote is too long. Try  a short quote and then write some original text about what the quote means to you.
    A good rule of thumb is to have two original words for every quoted one.

4. profile image0
    Multimanposted 6 years ago

I had the same problem with one of my articles on Orthodox Bahai Faith, just shorten the quote, be sure to put it in quotes, with attribution, and then write a whole lot more of your own words than the quote i personally would write 5 to 10 words for evey word in teh quote just to be safe.   If that doesnt work you may want to write the hubteam people and find out what is going on.  No quote of more than three sentences in length in any article of 500 words or more I think ought to be safe.

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Here's the thing - you can quote anything you like on Hubpages, however, if your quote from the Qu'ran is too large a portion of the Hub that you wish to publish, it will get marked as duplicate content.

I quote all sorts of things all the time - and that's fine, but I only have to have enough original text to prevent my quotes from being too big a portion of my Hubs.  I hope that made sense.

6. Zubair Ahmed profile image79
    Zubair Ahmedposted 6 years ago

I had the same problem, it's because the Quran and all the verses are already indexed in Google, there are too many sites with the Quranic verses, which why when you quote very long verses HP triggers the duplicate content.

The only way I found to avoid this is to convert your verses into graphics then upload them to your hub.  That will solve your problem, I see the problem your having - there are cases where you don't want to shorten or paraphrase a certain verse as that negates the effectiveness or context of the verse and you want the whole verses in your hub, in which use the technique mentioned above and it will solve your problem.