jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it wrong to wish a sick person would die?

1. Christianbunny profile image61
    Christianbunnyposted 6 years ago

Is it wrong to wish a sick person would die?

2. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 6 years ago

Yes, it would be wrong to wish a sick person would die.

Compassion is good, but so is life. Is it compassion to coddle a coward's fear? Not in the slightest.

When a person suffers and doesn't show it, we consider this to be heroic. And for good reason. They are rising above their travail.

Suicide or assisted death (euthanasia) is every bit evil and cowardly. It is the most selfish thing anyone could ever do.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

No, it's not wrong in some cases. Having spent considerable time with people dying of chronic degenerative diseases, I've seen a lot of the conflicting emotions that their loved ones go through. On the one hand, they want to keep this person with them. On the other, that person is in constant pain and wasting away before their eyes. When you know the suffering can only end with death, it may be the most loving thought in the world to wish they would die.

That said, if you wish them dead just because you can't stand them, there may be a degree of wrongness in that.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Often when a person is dying of an incurable illness and are in terrible pain there is nothing wrong with hoping they will die quickly.

There is certainly nothing cowardly about wanting to be put out of your pain quickly either. After all, it is your life and your body to do with it what you wish...

To me it is selfish to expect people to put up with intolerable pain because you somehow think it is heroic...what a bunch of bulls***

5. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

Yes totally wrong. To wish harm, or, danger, or death for someone is tatally wrong regardless of the situation. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." This is known as the "Golden Rule" It is not a quote from the Bible,or any other religious book but it should be.

6. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 6 years ago

It is the intention behind the thought. I would wish them out of a state of misery.  I would wish that tehy would find peace and happiness. I would wish them well. I would not wish they would die, because we all will die anyway.  I would focus on their attaining all goodness in this life and the next.

I hope this meets you well.

DR

Closed to reply

working