jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

If your EX was sick and needed you to care of them, would you or could you do it

1. jagandelight profile image78
    jagandelightposted 7 years ago

If your EX was sick and needed you to care of them, would you or could you do it?

2. jjmyles profile image71
    jjmylesposted 7 years ago

Yes I would and I could since I have many years of experience in the medical field.

3. Darknlovely3436 profile image82
    Darknlovely3436posted 7 years ago

Depend on why he/she became my Ex.(just remember a little saying
    hell have no fury like a woman scorned.......so I probably would reframe from being his nursemaid..

4. profile image0
    Charlotte Postposted 7 years ago

It would depend on the ex. I can think of one of mine in particular that I would be very hesitant to get involved at all. But if it were an ex from a relationship that didn't end badly (and depending on how ill the person is) and that someone needed me, then I would certainly think about it.

5. skyblugurll1 profile image61
    skyblugurll1posted 7 years ago

NO!  Hell NO!  He's an ex for a reason and he's got a mommy to do that for him!  big_smile

6. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

As as woman married to man for more than half of my lifetime...........................

My "ex" would  have already dismissed my jugdement,  my value, my input, my wisdom..................

After so many years together, his well being would be of a major concern,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

after having being "dismissed".........I can not committ to my level of debt to him............he was the one to forfeit that.

While I withold no thing from my spouse, I do question my debt to a man who dismissed me as a valued life partner.

YOU have no right to judge me on this, as I have NO right to hold another accountable.

Once my husband determines that I am no longer worthy of his committmenet, he also releases me from responsibilty.

If my hubby ends our marriage in the next day.......I will ask him no thing........NOR does he retain the right to ask of me anything.

7. profile image58
    rieomposted 7 years ago

I would help take are of him only because he is the father of my and I would not want them to have to carry the full burden. No, we are not on good terms at all either

8. Rusty C. Adore profile image95
    Rusty C. Adoreposted 7 years ago

Absolutely not. That may sound just terrible to some people, but he was a horrible boyfriend and a very mean spirited person. I know that he wouldn't do the same for me (or even his own mother.) I think that it would teach him some responsibility and accountability to take care of himself. Besides, I don't think my husband would approve of me taking care of an ex. smile

9. Babydoll78 profile image50
    Babydoll78posted 7 years ago

I believe it would really depend on the situation. But knowing me and the big heart that i am told i was born with, I would most likely set all things aside. I believe sometimes God will put you in a similar situation just to test your heart. The bible states " Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you" so think about it in this case.... Now ask yourself the question again.... "would you"...
    Anyone can be a "good" person, but a person who is forgiving and eats "humble pie" are usually the ones that are rewarded for being that single samaritan.

10. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 7 years ago

NO!!!!!! There's no way I would lift a finger to help my ex-wife. I'd tell her to call 9-1-1 but she'd probably ask what the number was for 9-1-1.

11. tysanders profile image59
    tysandersposted 7 years ago

For one of my exes yes, without a doubt and for the other..... ummm I hope it's not a life or death situation because I probably would NOT help. It would also depend on if I'm dating at the time. A current boyfriend may not like the idea of me going to rescue my ex in his time of need.