Many Christians are fanatic about KJV while others find it difficult to understa

1. CarolineVABC profile image75
    CarolineVABCposted 6 years ago

Many Christians are fanatic about KJV while others find it difficult to understand. What do u think?

Would you consider (or are currently reading a different version or a Parallel Bible) reading other than a KJV Bible? Why or why not?

2. PastorAndrew profile image79
    PastorAndrewposted 6 years ago

The KJV was the standard for English speaking people for about 300 years.  In the last hundred years, it has been attacked.  Critics came out and did new textual research.   They came to the conclusion that the KJV is not trustworthy.  They mark certain words, phrases, verses, and even entire sections of some chapters as being in doubt. 

God promised to preserve His Word.  He did that, even in the last 400 years.  He preserved it in Hebrew, Greek, and English.  The KJV (Authorized) has been supernaturally preserved by God.  He preserved it because it is without error.  If you think there is error in it, then you misunderstand it.  Sometimes God intends two meanings in the same word or phrase.

You can trust the King James.  You can memorize it and know it is without error.  Any version that removes God's words or verses from God's word is untrustworthy.

3. TattedKajun profile image58
    TattedKajunposted 6 years ago

I recieved an NIV Study Bible from a Brother while I was in prison. Its open at my side right now. For a new believer I find it easier to read. I do have a KJV for a cross reference, just to see if there actually is a noticeable difference in context. Rarely have I come to a dispute about passages and their meanings reading from both books. But if I really need help I just use my concordance, and dictionary.
    I have to agree with PastorAndrew also. God did promise to preserve His word.

working