jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

God has selected you to do a task.

1. Emveme7 profile image61
    Emveme7posted 6 years ago

God has selected you to do a task.

You are alone at home and there's a bright flash of light. When your eyes re-adjust before you stand an Angel. He tells you God wants you to do a task, a task that you will be ridiculed for, and not only you but put everyone you love in danger. Then he hands you a very old book and tells you these are the words of God written in his own hand and contradicts the majority of the current book over half the world believes. Your task is to convince as many as you can that the book you have truly is the word of God and you may die doing this. Yet, you have a choice to take on this great task or refu

2. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

The TV flashes seven numbers.  BOOM!   I've won Lotto!   Now what to do with the winnings.......

3. peterxdunn profile image60
    peterxdunnposted 6 years ago

There are people in this world who have undertaken a course of action that: they claim to believe, was asked of them by a disembodied voice or apparition.

One such was the 'Son of Sam': who claimed that he went out and murdered people at the behest of his neighbor's dog.

So if your angel appeared to me I would go see a doctor to have my blood tested for psychotropic substance poisoning.

If - on the other hand - I was asked by a politician and/or a priest to go out and kill people: ie go to war because that was, 'The will of God.' I would simply refuse - even though I know I would be ridiculed and called a coward for doing so.

I am most interested to see your answer to your own question: Emveme7, and - in that way - find out whether we need worry about your grip on reality.

4. IntimatEvolution profile image79
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

Let's run with your scenario as you have directed....

So a full fledged angel of God has appeared to me, handing me the factual manuscript of God's true words.  So he has sent this angel to me because I am a worthy believer in god and a true disciple of the living faith.  So now with the instructions of God's demands given to me and the manuscript now in my firm grasp...  I would walk to the ends of the earth to reveal the (intrusted) truth that he has commanded me to do.  I don't fear death now as it is.  My faith is firm and strong.  My destiny from that point would be to
    do whatever is asked of me from that point forward.  I would look upon this as a great honor and so I would dedicate the rest of life doing what God has requested of me.

5. shogan profile image85
    shoganposted 6 years ago

The first thing I'd do is have a very stern talk with the guy who sold me what I'd smoked.

6. jessyferari1 profile image61
    jessyferari1posted 6 years ago

False emotions that appear real. Fear can be a damning thing so is the idea of what we consider to be right or wrong.. it takes a strong amount of faith and determination to conquer what one is expected to do. Our intentions may be strong but our will Weak.