jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

How may times you say "I cant" in a day?

1. vansh121 profile image63
    vansh121posted 6 years ago

How may times you say "I cant" in a day?

I can not is a common world, that we use many times in a day. How many times you use this?

2. Grams Study profile image59
    Grams Studyposted 6 years ago

I usually study whatever I want to know until I can I like to learn

3. satice_j profile image75
    satice_jposted 6 years ago

Never! I learned a long time ago not to include it in my repertoire!

4. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Almost never. This is a pairing of words that I have tried my best to eradicate from my vocabulary. If I'm referring to something I don't know, it's always that I don't know yet, and the same if it's something I'm learning to do. If it's something that I don't have the time to do and someone asks me, a simple "No" suffices for me. I won't make excuses about why I'm not doing something, it's just not in my plans for today. The only area of my life where "I can't" still reigns is in the context of "isms," i.e. "I can't understand why someone would hate someone based on something so trivial..."

5. anupma profile image80
    anupmaposted 6 years ago

I try not to use this word, but I am not saying that I never use this word. After a hectic day, when higher authority give me other task to complete at once, then I have to say some times "I can't". So I cant say that I do not use this word in my life ever. Of course I always try not to use it.

6. OutsideTheLines profile image61
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

I try not to, but I do at hard times when I don't think i can overcome things.

7. Jason Melancon profile image59
    Jason Melanconposted 6 years ago

I must say that a couple dozen times a day working at an airport. I constantly have people coming to me to fix their problems with tickets and such, but I'm not in a postition to do anything. It's not that I don't want to do it; I just don't have the training to do it. So, I can't. Or in fran├žais cadien, je peux pas!

Don't think I'm discouraged or discouraging anyone. I know I can do it or anything if I set forth enough effort and resources, but honestly what these people at the airport are asking for I didn't sign up to do.

8. ershruti304 profile image61
    ershruti304posted 6 years ago

Not even a single time, my profession doesn't allow me to do that but yes at times I feel I could have an option

9. sir_tallest profile image62
    sir_tallestposted 6 years ago

truth be told.....i didn't use it today but i use it as many times as i have to....doesn't mean i'm weak...just means what i say i can't do can't be done will will be extremely stupid of me to try to

10. profile image0
    lavender3957posted 6 years ago

My goodness, I think that is in my vocabulary quite often, If I were to count, I would have to say at least 1000 times a day. I don't have much positive actions for myself for some reason or another.

11. Allen Williams profile image84
    Allen Williamsposted 6 years ago

I don't use the term at all.  Years ago I learned that the mind controls what you can or cannot do.  If you tell yourself that you can't do something it closes all options in your mind so it becomes truth.  There is no reason to ever use the term.  Even if it is for a job that you were not trained on or given permission to do makes no difference.  It doesn't matter if time in the day doesn't permit.  "I can't" is a term to tell yourself that you don't want to.  Start saying, I will see what I can do about that, or it is getting late in the day but I will try to get it done if time permits.  When you think you have a task that seems impossible for you to do physically or mentally, never say "I can't" or you never will.  Say I never did that but I will give it my best try, or I will find out how to do it, or anything that is more positive.  By doing that you will search for options or alternatives to do it.  As a martial arts instructor, I learned a long time ago that we can do more than we ever imagined.  We turn "I can't" into "I can" and always without fail we do!

12. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I'm not generally someone who ever thinks there's anything I can't do, so I don't say "can't" too often at all.  Once in awhile, maybe.  I'm not deluded.  I know what I can't do, and I'll say it if it's true.