jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you think Sly Stallone is of the Catholic faith? All of his Rocky movies lea

1. rutley profile image74
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

Do you think Sly Stallone is of the Catholic faith?  All of his Rocky movies lead to the religion.

2. jeyaramd profile image75
    jeyaramdposted 6 years ago

I am not too sure about that. I enjoyed his movies and I think his character had strong faith in himself and the almighty. Great question.

3. David Legg 7 profile image72
    David Legg 7posted 6 years ago

That was a good question, and it piqued my curiosity, because I really didn't know. I could not remember hearing anything about his religious background or faith, but the Rocky films have been said to reflect a lot about his life and his beliefs by many people.
    I turned to Wikipedia, and found this: Stallone stopped going to church as his acting career progressed. He began to rediscover his childhood faith when his daughter was born ill in 1996, and is now a churchgoing Catholic.[45]
    So it would appear that he is, indeed a Catholic.
    Thanks for the great question.

4. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 6 years ago

I'm sure his religion of origin is Roman Catholic.  After all, his ethnic background is ITALIAN......and percentage of Italians who are Catholic??   Only about 98%!  lol

5. bethperry profile image90
    bethperryposted 6 years ago

Hmm, I haven't even thought about it before. I guess it is tendency to assume that most people of Italian descent are Catholic, but frankly most Italians I have known are not. And though someone's religion is none of my business I am curious now, lol!

6. Jewelz1313 profile image77
    Jewelz1313posted 6 years ago

I agree with you all. Wilipedia that David Legg spoke of seems believable. Although Wikipedia is not always 100% correct it seems to be truthful.  I sure hope so though, I've have in the past understood Christianity is probably the most unpopular religion in Hollywood. But then whose going to give Sylvester Stallone a hard time about his religion. ha ha ha

7. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

What a pathetic question.  You certainly have some weird things going through your head if the best you can think of is if someone is a catholic or not.  What does it matter, and who cares anyway?

8. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

What difference does it make what religious persuasion he might have?