jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What figurative expression best describes your relationship with God?

1. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

What figurative expression best describes your relationship with God?

David said, "The Lord is my Shepherd" because in his personal experience God as a Shepherd made sense to Him. Based on your lifestyle and how God intervenes in your affairs, finish the sentence: The Lord is my . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

2. april holland profile image85
    april hollandposted 6 years ago

rock.  My ever present help in trouble.  My strength in a time of need.  Yes, he is my shepherd!  Who shall I fear?

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

God through His Holy Spirit is my partner as we travel together along the path The Father has placed me on. We travel and work together as one to reach the end of our journey to return me to Our Father.

4. Rev. Akins profile image77
    Rev. Akinsposted 6 years ago

crutch.
    I lean on Him all the time and I know I am completely dependent on his support to live my life in any productive sense. I need Him, in the same way someone would need a support system to move, breath, live, or whatever.

5. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

Trust.........over the last year or two the Lord has really taught me to trust Him  completely:)

6. rdsparrowriter profile image85
    rdsparrowriterposted 6 years ago

FATHER. He loves me no matter what and I'm His Princess smile

7. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 6 years ago

Nice One Dora.

Or should I say cute and beautiful Question. David is one of my favourite's and was also my Father's favourite. So I really like his very applicable answer.

For me, God is all in all. There is nothing else. So I guess that I feel like an instrument in the hands of Something Higher. My teacher and other teachers have also used words which are even more filled with humility, such as 'a dolll in the hands of God; God's puppet or servant or even slave. Others have said that they felt smaller or tinier than the tiniest grain of sand in the hands of God.
    But I feel that God is all in all, because ultimately, The Supreme is the only Doer. Much love to you. I commend you on your regular hubs of high quality, and I pray for God's blessings for you and yours.

8. Dee aka Nonna profile image82
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 6 years ago

The Lord is my protector, friends, guide, parent...

9. CynthiAnn profile image60
    CynthiAnnposted 5 years ago

The Lord is my Teacher.

I am a daughter, a granddaughter, a sister, an aunt, a niece, a cousin, a friend, and (most importantly to me) a mother.  God is always teaching me what I can do to best serve Him through all of those titles to spread His everlasting love and glory. :-)

10. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 5 years ago

The figurative expression, "Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My load is light." truly descibes my relationship with God.

11. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 5 years ago

These answers are all BEST expressions of faith from the authors, and cannot be rated otherwise. Thanks for everyone's participation.

Closed to reply

working