jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

(I don't mean Jesus here on earth but I mean the ONE since the beginning ) Do yo

1. Rhoda Talisaysay profile image60
    Rhoda Talisaysayposted 6 years ago

(I don't mean Jesus here on earth but I mean the ONE since the beginning ) Do you think God eats?

2. Ian Dabasori Hetr profile image82
    Ian Dabasori Hetrposted 6 years ago

If he is spirit, then you expect him not to eat...

3. move2move profile image59
    move2moveposted 6 years ago

There are many ways to be nourished; on an emotional Level, on an intellectual/mental Level, on a physical & spiritual Level. It's all a question of having enough of all this, even in total abundance. The beauty of this is that everything has a source and everything/everybody that/who needs something it/s/he doesn't have yet, goes to the source that can provide this. The source itself on the other hand has no need to be provided with anything as it creates day in, day out, 24/7 the informations, knowledge, wisdom, nourishment in abundance. And as GOD is the source, why should God need to eat when s/he/it is the source?
    S/he/it is nourished at all time, otherwise s/he/it wouldn't be the source of all things :-)!

4. hillymillydee profile image58
    hillymillydeeposted 6 years ago

As humans we have physical bodies with flesh and blood that is why we need physical foods. We need nutrition from food we eat to sustain and maintain our physical health.

Do you think God has a physical body like us to crave for food? And do you  think God needs vitamin and minerals to sustain and maintain His health? If so then He created foods also for him.
    But nowhere in the Bible tells us  that spirit person who posses spiritual bodies prepare a good meal

John 4:24 "God is a Spirit...."

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

Why would you ask this of a human? Why not ask God himself?

6. cafeteria profile image69
    cafeteriaposted 6 years ago

Good question. I'll answer it with scripture: After his resurrection, Jesus ate food in front of his Apostles in order to prove he was not a "ghost." The passage states:

"Why are you troubled? And why do questions arise in your hearts? Look at my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me and see, because a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you can see I have." And as he said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. While they were still incredulous for joy and were amazed, he asked them, "Have you anything here to eat?" They gave him a piece of baked fish; he took it and ate it in front of them (Luke 24:38-43). 

In Acts 1:4 Jesus again appears to eat breakfast with the apostles. So the answer is, yes according to scripture God eats food.

Whether Jesus (God) has to eat out of necessity we don't know...probably not.

The answer is based on the assumption, you believe as most Christians do, that Jesus is the same God "from the beginning."

Hope this helps.

working