jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What books have influenced your life by the values they imparted?

1. Quirinus profile image73
    Quirinusposted 6 years ago

What books have influenced your life by the values they imparted?

2. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

The Bible has changed my life!  God has showed me so many things and has taught me so much!

3. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 6 years ago

Bible, Buddha, "do less achieve more" Chin Ning Chu, A new Earth Eckhart Tolle. This books allowed me to go within and sort things out, heal and grow, opened doors of unlimited knowledge, tools, love and peace... inspiration too.
    Though "The Da Vinci Code" was the first with "The Hajj from Leon Huris. These two books crossed my path when I was still at the turning point of my spiritual quest, they met my need for questioning further to really learn and grow. I was swept by The Hajj because I was discovered another viewpoint not embarrassed by taboos and 'The Da Vinci Code" put the female spirituality and power at the center of my struggle. I kept on questioning the use of women in so many society as an child maker, home maker, sex object, victim of abuse and the total hypocrisy that religions express when saying that the woman has rights as long as she submits herself to individual because of their phallus... yes, because nothing ever proves that the male is more able to manage situations, just his phallus gives him superiority!!! From their, I studied a lot and still do, but now I write more and read less, I listen and be quiet more.... love and peace to all.
    Now, my values are based on my reasoning, not just taken from books which are others' experience not mine.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

The Bible.  I can turn to it and find just what need at any given moment.  I believe that the Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God....so it has really influences my life.

5. profile image0
    Mtbailzposted 6 years ago

"The Power of Myth" by Joseph Campbell has changed my life forever. Opening up to the stories of old and learning the lessons that were being taught in those stories was an eye opening experience that has changed my life's course immensely.

6. Brandon Spaulding profile image55
    Brandon Spauldingposted 6 years ago

The Bible and the book The Search For Significance are the two most influential books in my life. They are both lifechanging.

7. yougotme profile image89
    yougotmeposted 5 years ago

There are a lot books that have influenced me. Every book that I read influences me but the difference lies in the variation in the degree of influence.

I've listed 5 books that heavily influenced the way I think in one of my hubs here: http://yougotme.hubpages.com/hub/Books- … rspectives