jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should we pray for healing or for the manifestation of healing?

1. YvetteParker profile image77
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

Should we pray for healing or for the manifestation of healing?

According to God's word in Isaiah 53:5 and I Peter 2:24. we were and are healed by the stripes of Jesus?

2. Sinea Pies profile image78
    Sinea Piesposted 6 years ago

Yes. Jesus is the same yesterday today and forever. Healing is still for today!

3. Rev. Akins profile image78
    Rev. Akinsposted 6 years ago

We should always pray for healing and wholeness. Let God work through you and be with others. Understand that all will work towards the will of God, and whatever God desires to happen is what is meant to happen.

4. YvetteParker profile image77
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

The intended context of my original question was: should we pray for (a) healing, or (b) the manifestation of healing. As indicated by bible references, God has told us that we are and were healed by the stripes of Jesus;however, we still hear people pray for healing. So my question is should we pray for the manifestation of the healing rather than the healing since we have been told that we are and were healed by the finished work of the cross?

I'm sorry that I did not convey the intended question in such a manner to make the distinction between healing and the manifestation of it. However, thank you so very much for your comments.

working