Pray for salvation & healing of all, or listen for Spirit's direction?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 52 discussions (657 posts)
  1. Cat333 profile image60
    Cat333posted 9 years ago

When the Holy Spirit directs us to pray for a lost person, the healing of a sick person, or for any need, we pray confidently. But should we claim a soul for Christ or pray for the healing of someone if we've not heard any direction from the Lord? I've "claimed" a soul for Christ based on the promises of God on a couple of occasions, with very intense and strange results. My desire is to pray for all people, but should I wait for the Holy Spirit to tell me who and what to pray for?

1. Righteous Atheist profile image57
      Righteous Atheistposted 9 years agoin reply to this

As prayer has been proven to be ineffective I would say it doesn't make any difference whether you listen to the voices in your head or not.

When you say "lost" - what does that mean?

1. janesix profile image60
        janesixposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't think Cat has voices in her head. I think she's faking it. For attention probably.

Who knows? Maybe she does hear voices that tell her to do things. In which case she needs help. smile

2. profile image0
          Rad Manposted 9 years agoin reply to this

She's simply confused. She thinks that little voice in our head that tell us to be good and pray is a connection to God. She now appears to think God needs her direction.

Or she's just attention-seeking. She can't possibly expect to get a real response to her question.

2. Jomine Jose profile image72
      Jomine Joseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11853732.jpg

3. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This may be off topic a bit (nor not, I'm not sure) but I'll ask it anyway as I'm curious.

I've always been told that God has a plan for everyone; that nothing happens outside His plan for us all.  If that is true, what is the purpose of praying for someone to get well, to find a new car, to get pregnant or whatever it is they want/need?  If it is a part of God's plan it will happen; if not it will not regardless of how many prayers are made. 

So why pray?  To show humility to the god that already knows?  To show other people how pious we are?  To show how small we are compared to god, which He already knows?  Why pray for things to happen, when it is already planned?  Do we expect God to changes his plans for the future of all people because we want Aunt Cindy to live?

Cat333posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Why pray - because God has instructed us to do so; because we care; because it is His will and His plan that we be "fellow workers" with him, even though we don't deserve this honor; because while He foreknows what will happen he has permitted that we play a part and make a difference. Some things will happen no matter what - Jesus was going to be crucified no matter what because this was the needed plan, so even if his followers had prayed in err that he not be crucified, it had to happen. But some things may be left to us and depend on our actions, our obedience, etc. (they are still known ahead of time to God, but dependent on what humans do or don't do).

1. wilderness profile image95

I'm sorry, but your answer is the same old ploy I've heard a hundred times: God knows all but we can still affect the future.  You can't have it both ways, no matter how hard you try to avoid the inevitable conclusion of "God knows the future".

1. Cgenaea profile image60
            Cgenaeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yesterday, I left my change from a recent grocery store purchase, on the night stand. Gia is a lose change, and 1 dollar fanatic. All bills, no matter the number nor face, equal ONE DOLLAR, she so happily reports. But I digress...
            I can be sure that she is very apt to collect her "salary" for being my kid (I guess)
            Because no matter the threat, she has got to have that "one dollar."
            Now, can she decide that this time, she will listen to her mother, and be sure to respect other people's stuff?
            If she takes it, will it be my doing (because I know her)??? Or, does she ALWAYS have a chance to leave the dollar alone???

Whether she leaves the money alone or not depends on what God saw in her (and your) future.  If he knows she will, she will.  If He knows she will take it, she will.  She cannot changed what God already knows will happen.

Ha!!! smile
                Would you call that "sound" reasoning?  God knows you. He knows how you process. He does NOT direct it, unless you ask wink

2. Cgenaea profile image60

My former employer came to know that on Monday, I'd be late. Does it mean that I could not EVER get there on time on Mondays?
            God knows what our decision will be. No matter how many times we change our minds. Reason that thing out a bit better. Just because he knows you so well, doesn't mean he takes away your ability to decide.

No man can know the future, so your employer can only guess.  On the other hand, God CAN know the future (He is omniscient) and does.

So your employer cannot know if you will be on time (although can make a shrewd guess based on past performance), but God DOES know.  And if He knows you will be late...then you will be late, with zero chance of being on time.  You cannot change what God knows.

I feel like I'm on candid camera. Just a second ago, there was some semblance of reasoning. Now... nothin'! How in the world... it really takes some shrewd inspiration to do THAT kind of mental tumbling. smile
                You are convinced that God is responsible for your decision because he knows what it will be... I guess it would kinda be a safety button. But Lord, you MADE me chose this!!!
                I am sure that MANY are opting for that explanation. 
                I wonder how it will fare... well, no I don't.

So god is going to change his decision (what he knows will happen in the future), which was taken even before you were born,  because of your prayers?
              Or may be your god is not omniscient after all, he is simply making educated guesses like any human and made a miscalculation about jesus.

Hey! God dont make no miscalcifications!!! Lol...
                He says, "If (did you hear that? He said if...) my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray; I will hear from heaven and heal their land. Or something like that...
                So...moral of the story AGAIN is, it ALL depends on you.
                His plan will go forth with or without...

1. Jomine Jose profile image72

So god is going to change the future he divined just because I pray? Does he frequently change his mind? Does he know before hand that he will change his mind?

But god didn't hear his son's prayer!! Oh now only I noticed that you too have changed your stance in the last para... so god does whatever he wants irrespective of your prayers.
                  Talk of contradictions, are you trying deception. ...??!!

If his plan is for me to be poor ALL my life... then I can forget my millions. But he is no micromanager.
                    He does not pull the strings of our lives. There are an infinite number of options for carrying out his plan of saving the world and bringing us unto himself.
                    My opting to polish my toenails or not; or take a walk to the corner store is not factored in.

3. Cat333 profile image60

Foreknowing is not the same as dictating.

Somehow our puny human minds have to reconcile these truths: 1) his ultimate will is going to be accomplished, and yet 2) we are given choice and freedom and he will act according to our choices and actions. Those who give their lives to the Lord and submit to him have their steps guided by him. They no longer resist his will, but work with him and allow him to work in and through their lives.

Some things MUST happen no matter what. So Jesus's life HAD to be maintained until the time of his crucifixion and then he HAD to be crucified. We have free will and things will play out, but it MAY be that at times God "overrides" someone's free will for his divine purposes. We're told that he "hardened" the hearts of people on a few pivotal occasions. Seems it's the exception, done to ensure something of the utmost importance comes to be. We could also be translating and understanding this in too human a way. If all hearts are hard until softened by the Lord, then by him not softening, he is in one sense "hardening" the heart. Yet the hardening is still of the person and his own natural way and inclination.

1. profile image0

That's right, do as you super-ego asks. It has you convinced you are simply a zombie to your super-ego.

2. wilderness profile image95

Which is exactly what I said; that the two cannot be reconciled.  You choose to ignore the dichotomy and pretend it doesn't exist, which is certainly your choice, but pretending doesn't make it true.  It simply means you don't want to recognize the problem.

The limited human mind's need for everything to be "either / or" does NOT mean the two are not reconciled. The ultimate, grand will of God will be done! Yet we make our decisions and the consequences result.

So let's take, for example, the exhortation in Scriptures for us to pray that the plight (fleeing into the mountains) does not take place in the wintertime. Either we listen or we don't; and it seems this will determine when it takes place. God foreknows what will happen, but may allow it to happen either way, depending on what we do or don't do.

"God foreknows what will happen, but may allow it to happen either way, depending on what we do or don't do."

Not possible, and all the cries that we just can't understand won't change that.  Faith does not produce truth, and believing the impossible, by definition IS possible doesn't make it so.

The "impossible" in the natural IS POSSIBLE WITH GOD, who is not bound by the natural, but exists in the supernatural and is all-powerful. You can believe it or not. If you have faith even "the size of a mustard seed" then you will see those naturally "impossible" things occurring, which we do according to our faith; but if you do not have any faith, you will not.

God is infinitely wise and all-knowing. All the pieces fit together for him, though we cannot begin to grasp it. He is not constrained by our time, but is eternal and knows the beginning as well as the end. We make/made our choices; he is looking over it from another dimension.

4. profile image0

Replace holy spirit with super-ego they are the same thing.

Wilderness makes another excellent point. Do you think your God is not capable of knowing what to do next?

When we talk to God, we're praying. When God talks to us, we're schizophrenic. ~Jane Wagner

2. Cat333 profile image60

God is capable of knowing. Please see the response to Wilderness.

Only according to you!!!

5. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If you pray, you should pray for all. Aren't you directed to love your neighbor as yourself? If you feel someone is in need and you think prayer would help you should consider yourself obligated to offer assistance.

Thank you, Emile R, I appreciate your thoughtful response. We are to love our neighbors as ourselves. I've always thought we should pray for all as we see need as well. But I was wondering if maybe we should wait for the direction of the Holy Spirit, at least for what to pray. For example, if someone is sick, should we pray for healing, or should we simply lift them in prayer to God (not praying for healing or anything specific unless directed to do so). And should we pray for the salvation of others, or again simply lift them in prayer to God for his will to be done?

6. profile image0
      SirDentposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Pray for all, at all times.  Claiming a soul is different.  if the Holy Ghost gives you a specific person to pray for, then by all means pray for that one person.

Pay no mind to the naysayers.  They are blind to the truth.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/11855431_f1024.jpg

This thread is hilarious. big_smile

I especially like the self righteous "claiming souls" stuff. lol

http://thaumaturgical.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Prayer_motivational.jpg

1. gmwilliams profile image84
            gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11856134.jpg
            GOD.................IS
            GOD .........is.......ALL..........THE ULTIMATE..............PEACE.......BEAUTY.........ABUNDANCE.........HAPPINESS..........GOODNESS.................

Only the good stuff huh? big_smile

It's a wonder that some people have stayed in it so long.

Thank you, Sir Dent. Your encouraging and wise words are always appreciated.

What do you think of claiming a soul for Christ? I've only done it a couple of times, but I think there's so much more to spiritual warfare than we realize, and I started questioning the approach recently. The first time it was like it suddenly dawned on me that I could claim a soul for Christ based on the words and promises of God - the word that it is not his will that any should perish but all come to repentance, and his promise that if we ask anything according to his will, it will be done. So I said with confidence that since it was his will that all come to repentance, then according to his will I asked/claimed "Joe's" soul for Christ. It resulted in an experience unlike any others. You may have heard me mention this before - I went to bed hours later not thinking of the prayer, but jumped awake in the night seeing hundreds of demons hovering near the ceiling with a single thought that the demons were "all here pissed off about Joe". I experienced this three times in the night - waking to see hundreds of demons hovering overhead, with the single thought that they were all here angry about Joe. Joe was a person who at the time went around work telling everyone that the bible was just a bunch of made-up stories. I never told Joe or any co-workers about the experience. Recently Joe's been crying out "God help me" in the presence of co-workers and has now expressed belief in God and a desire for / praise of God.

I more recently claimed someone else's soul for Christ and received a strange instruction regarding them, and almost sensed I should not have prayed the prayer. I'm thinking maybe I stepped out of line in a way and should have waited the Spirit's instruction (though that was not the sense I got with the previous person). I was wondering if any believers had any words, insights or knowledge in this area.

1. profile image0

We have been given power, in Christ.  The Holy Spirit empowers us and guides us into all truth.

After reading your post, my mind went to Elijah.  Elijah had power to shut up the heavens so it did not rain for over three years.  He told Ahab that it will not rain until "I" say it will. 

EDIT:  I forgot to say you are welcome.  Also, the young woman that followed Paul around and had devils cast out, her handlers or owners, (whichever they were) became angry and threatened Paul.  They lost their meal ticket. 

Unclean spirits do get mad when one of theirs is moved over to God's side.  Imagine the rejoicing in heaven over one soul, and the opposite in hell over that same soul.

We can also go into the New Testament.  Words have power, when spoken in the Spirit.  The tongue can speak life or death.  It can bless or it can curse.  There is power in the tongue. 

I understand sometimes we speak out of turn, been there and done that.  That doesn't mean God doesn't hear us and sometimes he will honor it anyway.   Each situation is different, depending on the person.

Funny. Weren't you like that you were not born in a muslim family? ?

1. profile image0

And you are here for????   Need prayer?  You do not believe in prayer so it must be just to mock.  In the words of Job, let me have my say, then mock on.

I am here? Where else can I get such "divine" comedy?

I love to read your words, Sir Dent, they are always a blessing to me.

When I consider the power available through the Holy Spirit and the power of the tongue, I am simultaneously humbled and motivated.

Don't see any humility though!!

2. profile image0

It is God's Word, not mine.

So true! I'm so thankful to God for his Word, and thankful to you and all those who speak them.

Yea anyone who agrees with me should be god!

So you are Mr. God??! Oh god!

He is speaking from the Word of God, through the power of the Holy Spirit who gives understanding, knowledge, and all that is helpful or needed.

Yea if he is speaking my opinion he is holy spirit. What else can he be? It's my opinion, mine!!

Wasn't RadMan god's voice?

3. Cgenaea profile image60

I wholeheartedly second.
              A powerful voice that chases away fear and uncertainty; bringing wisdom so rare.
              Always on time.
              You guys really have marvelous gifts!!! smile
              God is awesome!

Yes! Thank you! And amen - God is awesome!!

7. Link10103 profile image60
      Link10103posted 9 years agoin reply to this

You can pray for whoever the voice in your head tells you to.

What you shouldn't do is insist that they are wrong in whatever their way of thinking is because the voice in your head says so. Its probably best not to tell them you are praying for them, since that's basically saying you are specifically doing nothing for them.

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years agoin reply to this

NO. Of course not!!!

You're saying "no, of course not" to the last part - should I wait for the Holy Spirit to tell me who and what to pray for?

9. profile image52
      Liza Codenashposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It is my experience so far that the Holy Spirit will direct you on what to do.  When I pray for others I start with my family, friends, coworkers AND the peoples that I don't care for.  I have also asked for prayer on websites and churches where you can ask for prayer.   I feel that God and the H.S. know your thoughts and prayers.  I believe that God is divine and his revelation has a divine purpose.  For example,  I feel that I was blessed with certain qualities because God wants me to use it for His purposes.  I also pray for others to get out of myself and self centeredness;especially when I'm obsessing and can't get over something.

Which one of you is this?

I understand the urge to defend obvious good intent, drug through the mud. smile I have been there many times. wink
          The argument has bordered on silly throughout.
          But I must speak until MY heart is content. Only I answer for my disobedience.
          Many do not understand from the outside.
          My help always comes from the Holy Spirit. I may only hear HIS, "be still..." He always comforts at some point.
          The wall is completely UNpowerful. It just stands there, UNthreatening... it DEFINITELY will not listen to reason. How can it??? It's just a wall... wink
          Those powers are persistent. No way, do they want the children of God at peace. No way do they want you talking about glory to God when there is convenient distraction.
          Talk, talk, talk until YOUR heart is content. Then stand back and behold... smile
          Our God is amazing. The fortress is totally solid. The peace he gives, unmatched. When he is for you, he is much more than the whole world against. The big brother we all wish we had in grade school. smile

Words of truth and words of comfort!

I believe the Spirit gave you what to write in the post (though I know he does often). He even had you say, "When he is for you...", while ALL day he's placed within my head the song, "God is in us, God is for us, God is with us, Emmanuel."

I struggle much in my flesh. My persistent, exasperating personality is both a blessing and a curse - I do the work he gives and persist in faith when all looks hopeless, yet I know I need to trust, lean in, rest... He is for us, and his presence is so very calming!

Cgenaeaposted 9 years ago

This forum op was very touching. I wrote out a long response to it, though I must've forgotten to post or something, because I don't see my comment.
    This reminded me that I should make a point to pray for others, as I only very scantily do, yet I do pray without ceasing, as Sir Dent pointed out, we should. I even quoted emile's biblical quote, earlier. smile
    I personally feel weird about the idea of "claiming" a soul for Christ. It seems to self-glorify; as in, "I did that."
    Please don't get me wrong; I know your voice, it is my savior's. I so appreciated the reminder to pray for others. This light revealed my dark corner. I will do better.

Thank you, Cgenaea! I do want to guard against any self-glorifying, and yet in claiming a soul for Christ, it didn't feel like it was about me, but about them and God's words/promises. But I can see this concern in it. To me it feels better (safer?) to simply plant a seed along with many others planting seeds and have the seeds watered by others, and trust/know that God is the one making them grow (though either way it's ultimately his doing). Sometimes people will ask "How many people will be in heaven because of you?", which I HATE, because it's NOT because of us, but because of our Lord and Savior!

Claiming a soul for Christ leaves me with the feeling of being in over my head in a sense. I guess I'm seeking insights from those of you who are Spirit filled because I'm a little unsure of all this spiritual warfare, unsure if I'm going about this the way He wants, thinking maybe I should be listening/waiting more for his voice and direction... I guess this is odd, but it's almost like He's thrown me in deep waters recently and I'm a little panicked out here. Maybe relying on myself too much and not enough on Him?

I'm glad you're encouraged in prayer. I'm just starting to be more of a prayer warrior after being rather resistant to God in this mission for awhile.

Oh yeah! I spoke about the planting of seed too. Dang, it was hours ago, but I must've neglected something.
        We were instructed to plant. The Lord promised that all will have an opportunity to know. That is our part. It is then up to the seed recipient to fight the hungry birds. smile
        Now WHAT to pray for, I think we may be led in certain circumstances. But at other times the holy spirit intercedes!!! I love that idea. smile
        Relax. You are covered in all circumstances.

Thank you, and I really do need to relax and trust!

This forum has blessed us both.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11855810_f1024.jpg

Did you draw those magnificent boxes all by yourself?
            Such straight lines.

God may do as I ask. But his plan is so versatile, he lets no monkey stop his show. He will work around my little ten million dollars in the bank. Lol...

3. Sed-me profile image79
      Sed-meposted 9 years ago

Sorry, I just noticed there was actually a thread I hadn't posted on, so I'm just throwing this out there to make sure I'd swept the top half of the topical side of the forum.

I'm on my way to actually do real life things now, so please no one post anything til I return. I'd like my name to remain intact.

4. Cgenaea profile image60

Cat333,
      It is God. I know you know. wink
      There are so many things that have happened in my life, that I know were directed. So many things that are unexplainable by mere chance. Things that I haven't the power to do...
      I have a continual assurance that confirms. It is the blessing of the Lord. It makes rich, (my faith) and adds no sorrow (but joy).
      I am grateful to be able to testify.

Unexplainable by mere chance...because you think the probability is low or you don't know all the facts behind the incident.  Unfortunately a low probability does not mean a god did it; it means it happened by chance.  People DO win the lottery...

People don't win the lottery 3 nights in a row. wink

1. profile image0

The Saudi men win the lottery every day.

Any of em Christian in need of a wife and children?

Better yet, what lottery are they playing? I could use a hot ticket.

1. profile image0

They are praying to Allah.

So...

1. profile image0

So, it appears their prayers work and yours don't. Perhaps it's time to do as they do.

Sounds super silly to me, Rad...
                      I hate the unnecessary roads we must travel to say nothing of value.
                      Where is the "He Wins Every Day" story? I need more info.

They don't play three nights in a row, either.  But people DO win multiple times, even the million$ prize.

Come talk to me when someone wins three nights in a row.
              I will call it "sheer luck" just for you. wink

I've given a particular example a few times and no one seems to want to touch it. Let's try and figure out the chances of this one (and remember there are tons more). My husband went into treatment for a month, and I was an at-home mom with a baby and preschooler, so there was no paycheck coming (and no savings given our situation), so no way to pay the mortgage or anything else. For the first time in my almost forty years of life, I needed money to come in an abnormal way if I was to pay the mortgage, etc.. Yet I was abnormally unstressed about it because God through his Spirit had given me reassurance that he would take care of it. 

Now after taxes and insurance, my husband's bimonthly paychecks were between $1450-1480. And what should come in the mail EXACTLY at the time of the first missing paycheck? A check for around $1480 - THE AMOUNT OF THE MISSING PAYCHECK. Not some other amount - not greatly less or greatly over, but THE amount. What was it from? Something I happened to fill out that came in the mail (Bank of America settlement) almost a year ago, which had indicated I could expect to get $300. Well, it sure wasn't the $300 that would not have come close to covering the mortgage. And at no other time do I get an unexpected large amount of money, yet it was given PRECISELY WHEN NEEDED IN PRECISELY THE AMOUNT NEEDED.

I praised God and paid the mortgage. But later in the month the time for the next paycheck came and I needed money to pay all the other bills and such. And what should happen? Another paycheck close to the amount that covered all the rest of the bills. And how did it come? A "bonus" for the hundreds of employees at my husband's work, even though they don't get bonuses.

Hmm... Unbelievers do want it to be nothing but coincidences. And yet it's so strange and unlikely, it doesn't seem like "coincidences". And then there's that reassurance that God had already given me that he would take care of it, so that I (an anxiety disordered person) did not even stress about it but left it to him, even though there was no foreseeable way for it to be taken care of.

You can continue to see it as coincidences, but I will continue to know the truth about it.

I believe you. smile our God IS amazing like that. I've never heard you tell it, but I'm glad I did.
            I have a few of my own! Confirmation is exciting!!!

Thank you. Yes, he is amazing!!

Confirmation bias is more exciting!

Yes! I probably shouldn't get sarcastic about it, but after awhile the attempts to convince us that we're experiencing nothing more than superego, imagination, coincidences and such become ridiculous considering all that we're experiencing in the Lord (not to mention the seal of the Holy Spirit).

Sarcasm works well for my walk. "Answer according to folly"-like...
          It is imperative that the Lord's message is relayed. No sugar/no chaser.
          Our father is not mocked... whatsoever a man sews...
          I think it counts against us only when we don't speak when led.
          There are rules for behavior in certain venues. I'm in Rome. wink
          On solid rock, you stand. Just stand. smile
          ALL OTHER GROUND sinks.

Amen!

5. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 9 years ago

Christians who think prayer is effective may want to rethink their position. One would think that the only prayers that would be answered are those directed at the correct version of what God is. If so then I'd say the Saudi men have been given everything they could ever dream to pray for. They were given a massive country full of fossil fuel and sunlight. Perhaps your God put the dinosaurs on the earth more millions of years to reward the Saudi men with a country that doesn't allow women to vote or drive. It seems that's what God wants.

You Christians may want to rethink who you pray to. Just saying.

There is injustice all over. Jesus is coming back to clean it all up. smile he promised me.

Maybe it's our job to clean up our own mess. Ever thought of that?

Jesus isn't going to come and wish away all the bad stuff for you.

Not wish... fire.
            There is nothing we can do in our own power.
            Men are evil and contentious. Everyone has a GREAT idea to carry out their own way.
            The cohesion needed is unavailable now. Just be patient, peace is on her way. wink

There's plenty we could do to make the world a more just and better place. No jesus needed.

Sounds ridiculous. If that were true, we would already be there
                While Jesus is receding from sight; times are getting much worse. Wouldn't you agree???
                Think back... Summer, 1978. Fresh air, goodmusic, great ffriends. No school shootings; no "pride" in sinfulness; no military gear at the local police station.
                Popsicles and double-dutch. smile

Things are actually better in a lot of ways from the past. Where was Jesus during the Inquisition? Or the Aztec human sacrifices by the tens of thousands? Or the Holocaust? Times have been much, much worse.

Denial is definitely a good tactic.

2. Aime F profile image69
                  Aime Fposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like selective memory. Bad things happen in every generation. Some things get better. Some things get worse.

You choose to believe it's because of the Jesus-love wearing off, but there are a million different variables that could contribute to today's problems. Just because you've selected that one element and decided it must be the reason for everything bad happening does not make it so.

Sorry...
                    Maybe it's the processed food...

1. Aime F profile image69
                      Aime Fposted 9 years agoin reply to this

About as likely as people not loving Jesus.

How about prayer that is inspired by, guided by and done in the power of the Holy Spirit. Bet you that's ALWAYS "effective". And what exactly does "effective" mean? Does it mean if you can "pull God's strings" and get him to behave like Santa Clause? Let's say you want someone to live, but it is their time to go home to the Lord, is it not better for them to go on than to live?

The wicked will flourish here on earth. But when they die, all that they had will come to nothing. But those who hope in the Lord will not be disappointed!

1. profile image0

Why do you pretend your God answers your prayers? It appears he answers some prayers, the Saudi men's specifically. The OT talked a lot about God wanted specific people to have specific land. Well he seems to have given the Saudi men the mother load. What has your prayers given you?

He answers our prayers - our prayers inspired and guided by the Spirit and said in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is not our Santa Clause and does not give us whatever we want.

Wicked people will certainly flourish here on earth. There is purpose in this (and it is only temporary). We who put our faith and trust in the Lord live by faith and not by sight. All this is God's plan.

We'd be here all night if I told you all the victories, healings, manifestations, help, and so on that my prayers have resulted in.

And then my list (while you continue, because we cannot complete either list)

You need to read your scriptures.  God has a reason for ALL that he does. He makes no mistakes, and he is never surprised.
            He has apportioned perfectly.
            Our "riches" are incorruptible. The motherload's going to heaven. wink
            Maybe the final explosion will shake the gold loose and make it rain... thus paving the streets. smile just a thought...

6. Aime F profile image69
      Aime Fposted 9 years ago

So what about the people like my grandmother who lived their lives devoted to God but then have absolutely awful things happen to them? My dad and uncle, her only two children, landed in the hospital within a week of each other. I was with her every day while she prayed. They both died, one day after the other. She then died a year later after a really horrific battle with brain cancer. Why did her prayers not fix any of that? Is it just reserved for magical cheques in the mail? Where was God to answer her prayers when her children both died within 48 hours of each other? How is that fair? Why would he let someone who had complete faith in him suffer so horribly when she was praying around the clock for something to just get a little bit better?

A lot of people miss the blessing of God when tragedy strikes. It is such a sad event. My heart goes out to many already bound in that very way. 
        Death is life. We are not promised the next twenty minutes. And yes, many do suffer. I am not exempt. Not my children, my only sibling at 39. Out of nowhere, in his sleep.
        My Aunt, one year younger than I at 35. I grew up in the same household and she was my biggest fan. I loved her so much for that. Came to my house after not seeing her for three months, for a ride. Sat on my son's bed waiting for the end of my Scrabble match, had an out of nowhere heart attack and died right there after 20 min of being at my home, right in front of 2 of her 5 children. These tragedies were a year and a half apart. Just two years after her parents died 3wks apart. I will see them again.
        I don't know why he sometimes allows us seemingly unbearable pain. And death of loved ones is painful. 
        But I know he is in control ofthings and knows best how things should go.
        I cannot cut him off because I did not get my way a little less painfully. That's not loyal or faithful at all. People do have to die sometime.
        Both my grandmothers (both devout) died in their beds in their early 60s. Paternal (totally unexpected) maternal was sick but not THAT sick. 
        Yet, I trust... I must.

Sorry to hear about the losses, especially young and almost traumatic ones. You give such great testimony with your faith, endurance and victory through Christ Jesus!

Thanks. The Lord has been a wonderful friend to me. And he's given me some GREAT testimonies. I'm too grateful to shut-up.

Thanks for giving a thoughtful response, Aime F. I'm sorry for your loss of your father, uncle and grandmother. I'm also sorry your dear grandmother suffered.

Shortly after losing my grandmother who had lived with us, I lost my mother unexpectedly (single parent since my elementary school years) while I was still in college and when she was only 54, and I know it's tough. Death hurts, there's no way around that. And yet it must happen. Childbirth hurts (mom and baby) and yet it is a glorious thing. Likewise our birth into the next realm is a glorious thing.

We are not entitled to our lives in the first place, not ever entitled to one more day. Just as our lives at the start are gifts, so each day is a gift. I love and have faith in God and yet I make no assumptions about how long I or my children will live. Supposing one or both of my children (currently aged five and two) should die very young. Would this mean God did not love me, or did not care what I prayed? No. Jesus Christ, who we know was loved of God, suffered greatly and died. It is not for us to determine the number of days of anyone's life; this is determined and foreknown by God before even one day comes to be. It's okay to ask God that a loved one be healed in their natural bodies, but knowing and surrendering to him that He alone has the right and responsibility to determine the time of their second birthday. Pain and suffering need not make us lose faith, but when we remain faithful through much here on earth, we will reap the eternal rewards following our birthdays into the next realm. So we pray and trust God to meet our needs, which he does, but understand this does not mean suffering and death will be eliminated, for they are a part of the natural world and will continue until the natural is swallowed up by the supernatural and the Lord comes for us.

7. Cgenaea profile image60

Shoot, Hitler thought he was doing a Godly job... and he did have much success in his activities. It is not that simple, Rad. smile
      Good morning, Hon.
      The Lord is faithful and just.
      Our bible says, "In everything, give thanks (to God) for this Iis his will concerning us."
      We thank him for (humongous DDD) victory wink as well as teeny-tiny ones. And guess what, it extends to my auntie (one year younger) who came to my house after 3 months of little contact; to die within twenty minutes on my son's bed.
      Thank you father that she did not die on the street, on her way to me...
      See???
      We all do well to thank God in every situation. It is his will that we know who is responsible for our lives. A heart of gratitude goes a long way.
      I am so blessed by her testimony of footstooling her wayward boss (or whomever he was wit his filthy self). Because it is such a rare victory. I'm also blessed simply because she was.
      Thanks for sharing Cat... our father strikes again!!!

Thank you!! And how true - to keep thanking him for all mercies and victories even in the tough times, because yes, to think of the tragedy had your aunt still been traveling to your house, as she was just twenty minutes earlier... You always give beautiful testimony!

2. profile image0

"Shoot, Hitler thought he was doing a Godly job... and he did have much success in his activities. It is not that simple, Rad. smile"

Hitler didn't have much success? He did until he was killed.
        The Saudi family is having a lot of success. Should we attribute that to God?

God didn't give them a promise (though Satan may have). The wicked will prosper here on earth, just as we've been told in his Word. But the final victory always has and always will belong to the Lord of the universe! Amen and amen.

And yet you prosper here on earth. At least - that is what you have been bragging about.  lol lol

Bragging involves giving ourselves the credit. When we give testimony of a victory THROUGH our Lord, this is giving God the credit.

1. profile image0

Of which you are bragging about.

Okay, I'm bragging on my Lord. Let him who boasts boast in this...

We boast in the Lord. (Look it up)

2. Righteous Atheist profile image57

Yet only the wicked prosper on earth and here you are bragging that the Lord made you win a court case.  lol

Absolutely not true! No one ever said ONLY the wicked will prosper - you are twisting Scripture and/or you are thinking in limited either/or terms. It is true that many (not all) wicked prosper temporarily (by dishonest, wicked means). Yet it is also true that "The blessing of the LORD, it makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it." (Proverbs 10:22)

Oh - so everyone prospers then.  When you say "The wicked will prosper here on earth, just as we've been told in his Word." this is utterly meaningless. 

Thank goodness you are no longer allowed to supervise troubled teens in care. sad

Still twisting words. Many (not all) wicked will prosper by wicked means. God's children also "prosper" through the blessing of the Lord. This "prosperity" will not always be financial, or the winning of something, but don't let this confuse you. They will not all be wealthy or win their cases, but they all have far greater blessing than such worldly blessings, and in the end they will all be victorious.

FYI: My role wasn't to "supervise" troubled teens. I determined if they needed to be on suicide watch or not, provided crisis counseling, etc. (wasn't a "social worker" either, Rad Man, though some similar duties). You and Rad Man criticize, but no word was ever said against my work performance and I always ensured the safety of the youth. Now these were retaliating people - I heard my harasser say of another woman who previously reported harassment against him, "I'll get the bitch back", and he directed staff to regularly search her bags, etc. for an unpermitted item for detention (when no other bags were searched). Even when they attempted to create such traps as giving me triple the work of others, I asked God to make my feet "swift as a deer" and I was able to perform a naturally IMPOSSIBLE amount of work in a limited amount of time (even seemed to confuse them), so that they would never have a word to say against my performance.

Yes! The Lord prospers our minds. Money is no good in heaven.  He makes rich minds.
                    Money seems to be deemed "all these other things" added because we need them here. But they are provided based upon certain criteria. God supplies every need according to his vast riches. But he cannot trust ALL of his children with moneystuffs in abundance. It can sometimes be very distracting.

2. profile image0

Funny how that works isn't it. When others get filthy rich it's Satan's work, but when they successfully sue someone or win a stupid game it's God's work. Those rich Christian athletes must be a conundrum. She doesn't know what Allah promised the Saudi family, but it's not hard to find out what America promised them.

It's not really so funny or hard to understand - 1) God gives his children victories and our victories do indeed come from the Lord; 2) If permitted by the Sovereign Lord, people themselves gain and Satan provides temporary victories in this corrupt and fallen world.

You're right, I don't know what Satan (he has many names) may have promised them. I can see what God has permitted for his own purposes and in fulfillment of his Word. And I also know that God, who is true to his Word and always keeps his promises, will come in victory, and all who trust in him will be victorious with him!

1. profile image0

More confirmation bias.

Odd that we never understand our own confirmation biases...

1. profile image0

Perhaps you should look up what things mean before making comments.

If I add just one letter to your "name" I could come up with the word READ...
          Seems that the Saudis are promised "a great nation" wink by my God himself.  I tolja the bible was true!!! Lol...

Yes!!

2. profile image0

You think Saudi Arabia is a great nation? That's sad. You should me there then.

Read...
              Saudi is a large nation with a strong and dedicated following and they have riches beneath their feet, now. Check Father; you have kept your promise. As always smile
              But the treasures of even the wicked are stored up for the righteous. (Look it up)
              I believe strongly that some of them are on their way to heaven as well.
              God is fluid. And he may penetrate the hardest of rock. He is expert; he may tame the wildest of asses. I know... wink

1. profile image0

Please show me the exact direct lineage and explain why all the others in that lineage have nothing. Again, calling Saudi Arabia a great nation is a gross exaggeration. It's great for about 1500 mean, but not so much for the rest. Do you call a desert a great nation, do call a please were no one can vote a great nation, do you call a place where women can't drive a great nation?

Desirable it may not be, but "great" - large, prosperous, powerful - it is.

We shall not be disappointed.
                    Blessed assurance. smile

2. profile image0

That's an interesting thought. So when American's that America is the greatest nation on earth they mean it's the most populated? You two really are funny.

It's funny because by comparison of population Saudi Arabia it's not that great. 41st and behind Peru, Morocco, Uganda and even Canada. Now China, that's the greatest nation (by your measure of greatness), almost 32 times greater than the United States. lets not forget India, the land of the Hindus, that nation is 4 times greater than the United States.

Notice that if I don't say greater in size it implies something other than population.

So Saudi Arabia is a horrible excuse for a nation and 41st on the list of most populated and you can't show me the lineage that draws from Abraham to the Saudi Family and you can't explain why the other members of that lineage don't have their own God given nations. BTW, if you believe God gave the Saudi's that nation than you must also believe that he is in agreement of what they are doing with it and he is suppling that one family with fortunes.

Maybe it's high time for you to stop trying to figure something that is unfigurable from a man of your position. smile
                      Saudi is a great nation and Islam even greater. smile now maybe not by YOUR standard, but it is truth.
                      The whole world knows them. The whole world discusses them. Soon, the whole world will be affected by them. Great, wild nation. Just as the Lord promised many moons ago... k??? wink

You have the wrong idea of great, here.
                  ...means large...

8. Cgenaea profile image60

amen... smile

9. Cgenaea profile image60

Different prosperity.

10. Cgenaea profile image60

Ok, Jomine. You have chosen. I still believe. Call it whatever you like. Be at peace.

Wrong again. What you can say is that you believe in the authors of the bible.
        Do you believe the gita, quran, book of dead?

11. Cgenaea profile image60

You cannot tell me what I cant say. I can make my own decision about what comes from my mouth. wink
      I don't believe any other book as much as I believe the bible.

Certainly, if your intention is to deceive. Honest people want them to be understood the way they intend. My mistake, sorry.

Only because you are born as a Christian. I guess you have not read any other religious books or any biblical books outside the canon.

12. Cgenaea profile image60

It's bad to assume. You generally open yourself to shame.
      I know enough of each to not fool with it.
      I'm happy with Jesus alone. I would not know him as well if I had not read the bible.
      The red words. Really poweful stuff to me. Shake your fist toward heaven. "God, if you are up there, I need to know!!!" Read the red words. And find out the context.
      May it change your perspective forever. I ask in the name of Jesus.

So if you don't want your audience to 'assume' you should speak clearly, precisely and completely. You said you didn't want to do that.

Have you read the other gospels that are not in the bible? Have you read any other religious books?  It's like saying that since I like burger very much I am not going to taste anything else.
        God, as I already said, is a concept. It is not through confirmation bias one should prove god but by logical arguments.

I told you I like Harry Potter better. That is a far better story.

What are you talking about? Evidence of what?

All "scriptures " are forgeries for they say they are from a god/s. God/s doesn't exist.

Can you talk clearly that I can understand? I don't need to "believe".

Christian indeed!!
        You were telling me something about harassment?
        Desperation provoked you?

13. Cgenaea profile image60

Why... evidence to back up your claim that the bible is not, what it says it is, of course.
      How could you possibly KNOW that the scripture is a forgery without having been told by someone who obviously has more clout, in your opinion???
      Which part of my statement do you want me to break down for you?
      Yes, i am a Christian who believes the teachings of Jesus. I am desperate for nothing. You afraid to find out?

There is no god, isn't that enough to prove that scripture is a forgery?

"Please tell me that you realize without one shadow of doubt that you MUST believe SOMEONE about what you believe happened and is now happening."

Then why the attack?
        And no teachings of Jesus are available,  only books purported to be from mark, mathew, luke, john, barnabas, thomas......

What??

There is God. God is. I know him personally.
          Whose report do you believe??? Everyone else's???
          The authors of the bible are partially unknown. How do you come up with such a list? For all we know, the Lord could have come down, and kissed every word on each page. wink
          Truth...

And for all we know the Lord doesn't even exist, let alone kissed every page.  With no evidence either way, it's kind of difficult to assign the truth to the belief.

Some choose to believe it; some choose to not... What more is there to say, with no evidence either way??? "You're wrong, genaea."
              So, to that I say, I'm not... wink

1. profile image0

Some believe unicorns exist and some don't. What more is there to say, with no evidence either way???

Either you believe it, or you don't.

1. profile image0

Would you live your entire life expecting salvation from a unicorn?

No recruiting for religious beliefs, Rad. It's strictly frowned upon, here...

We believe and await the salvation of our Lord because we've personally met him and experienced him, and we know many others of the countless people who've also personally met and experienced him.

I haven't personally met or experienced a unicorn, and I don't know anyone else who has. Do unicorns exist? If we take simply the definition of a horse-like creature with a single horn on its head, then quite possibly at some point in history such a creature existed (why would that not be plausible to someone believing evolution theory?). If someone said unicorns do not exist, I would say they likely are right because we haven't seen or experienced unicorns, and we have no knowledge of their existence. And if someone insisted that unicorns do/have existed, I would concede that a horse-like creature with a horn, labeled as a unicorn, may possibly have existed at some point.

"Where there's smoke, there's fire". I consider that the myths surrounding unicorns MAY have originated from the sightings of a similar creature. I consider that those who believe they've experienced "aliens" MAY have experienced something, though it would be demons. I consider that those who believe that God has spoken to them when they clearly do not worship the true God of the Universe MAY have heard something beyond themselves, though they'd be experiencing something satanic. Of course I consider other possibilities for all of these - deception, psychosis, and so on, because it is not in line with what I have personally experienced. And it will continue to be the same with you and other unbelievers - you will not believe until you yourself experience the One True Lord in all his glory and goodness.

Btw, I was offended by your accusations and attitudes earlier in the post, but I'm over it. So peace.

But I didn't say "You're wrong".  I said you don't know, either.  And you reply that you do to, but adamantly refuse to provide evidence of any kind except "I just know".

You do not believe my evidence, I have plenty.
                  You've got to sign up, and get your own, or don't.

I don't have it because it isn't there.  Just the wants and desires of the mind, which a great many take as proof, even though they would never use the same method to fix a car, bake a cake or anything else.

You shall e'er have as you say...

Cars and cakes are physical things in the natural realm, so it makes sense to rely on physical and natural things. That which pertains to the spiritual is accomplished through the Holy Spirit.

God alone can offer you "proof", but we give testimony and "evidence" (as does all of creation, and as does the Word with its fulfilled prophesies). You say you want evidence, but you (our brilliant mathematician) won't even attempt to figure out the chances of that "super coincidence" I gave testimony of in my response to your post.

That is an assertion based on no facts. God is an illogical and irrational concept.

Lot of kids know Santa personally.

No one's regarding god.

The NT authors are all unknown. For all we know it is written by charlatans.  Mark copied it from OT, odyssey and iliad.  Mathew redacted mark. Luke redacted mathew who was in turn redacted by john.

I just wrote it.

Well someone is sure of THEMselves...
              Me too!!! wink hows about a game of chicken...? I bet you flinch first!!! Lol...

From the beginning christians thrive on lies, deception and torture.

And atheists thrive on telling them that...
                  That lie is preferable to truth.
                  It helps many to sleep more better. smile

That is why children are told stories about santa and Cinderella.
                    But it is better to grow up, that is why teachers teach them truth.

14. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 9 years ago

They would if they discovered it works, however if you don't or cannot make that discovery, then yes, one is stuck with the natural and need rely upon man's efforts.

You say "it isn't there" but offer no proof, believers know it is, it may take lots of practice, we may fail many times in what we pray for, but IF you keep at it, the shackles of the enemy drop off and our prayers work.

Some just give up too easily.

Show us your 'proof' that "it isn't there"... be measured by your own standard of proof.

Shifting the burden of proof to the non believer will not work. This is why your religion is so divisive. Must be very frustrating for you to have no proof for your claims, I understand, and I know that honesty is not valued in your belief system, but it I would have thought even you would see how worthless this line of attack is.

Prayer does not work. But I personally find it entertaining that you think your god is so pathetic you can change it's mind by groveling at it.

Oh look! It isn't there! See? It isn't! Proof! lol

1. aguasilver profile image70
          aguasilverposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No grovelling Mark, just practice, and perseverance.... if you took up target shooting you may hit a 10 first shot, you may miss the target, but that would be no proof one way or the other that you were a good shot, but practice daily, and in time you should be able to put each shot where you expected it to go.

Of course the bad shot could always blame the rifle.

What a horrible metaphor. I don't believe your claims. Prove them. 2,000 years of prayer demonstrably not working is enough for me.

Show me.

You pumping your fist to the heavens??? He (my God) aint mad??? Just enough faith to ask... it shall be given...
              I liked the metaphor. smile it was a GREAT illustration of what we have here... "Stupid gun... NOBODY could hit THAT target!!!"
              Til one day, a blind man with a damaged gun and shabby bullets hits the very heart of the target...

God cannot be Mad because he doesn't exist, only those who follow the priests who say god exists can be mad and most are.

There is power in the tongue. You shall also have as you say, forever.

And, given the proof we wish, we close our eyes as he misses the next 9 shots by a mile.  Pretend they don't happen, conveniently "forget" them, propose that the blind man missed by intent to fool us.  Whatever it takes to use only the first shot as the proof we earnestly desire.

Y'all be missin' ALL the points!!! Probably missed by intent to fool us... you aint slick... wink

2. aguasilver profile image70
              aguasilverposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Mark......

Let's just reverse that, you prove that 2000 years of prayer have not produced beneficial results, were you there for those 2000 years?

Have you ever offered up a serious prayer to God, or do you just reinforce the god of this world with your banter?

Can you prove that the world would not be in a worse state had the prayers of the saints not been offered?

Prove to me that a policeman walking his beat does not stop more crime happening?

You guys always try this 'prove to me' nonsense, so why not live by what you claim as your 'unholy grail' .......... so me some proof that what you claim is correct.

Well said, aquasilver.

15. Cat333 profile image60
      Cat333posted 9 years ago

Can't find the comment I'm responding to, I think by Jomine Jose, so I'll make my statement in a general post: The Scriptures are very specific in their prophecies and they do not claim opposite things will occur. They have come to pass in astonishing ways, and will continue to do so.

1. profile image0

You have yet to make sense of the prophesies we find in the Quran. The ones that are specific rather than the vague ones we see in the bible. If you feel prophesies are evidence for your God why do you not see the Quran's prophesies as evidence for Allah?

I'm not familiar with specific prophesies having been fulfilled from the Quran.

The prophecies in Scriptures are often specific. They are specific enough to be understood as fulfilled, yet humans are always given the chance to believe or not.

1. profile image0

Ahhhhh, see I showed them to you and you were amazed and have already forgot. Just as I have been saying. This is rather embarrassing I have to say. So incredibly predictable.

No, you must be confusing me with someone else. I've never been amazed at anything of a false nature.

16. Cgenaea profile image60

Again, because we live in this world of unrest; tragedy strikes often.
      On the flip-side, God, often provides, miraculously, for those that trust him.
      We may never say for sure which will occur.
      Many times, God does not answer how WE say, WHEN we say; this most often separates the men from the boys. Boys have a big tantrum and storm away... men, trust still, and pray more...
      Which friend do you prefer? One who storms away when you do not move when they say... or one who is faithful either way???
      I can tell you which God wants... but I will take my chances in assumption that you already know. wink

17. Cgenaea profile image60

You would be overstepping... I know him...

1. profile image0

That's insulting. But, you knew that. Aren't you special.

To be clear, I was not attempting insult. Honestly. I was simply agreeing that you would be overstepping in assumption about one you do not know. 
          I know that God cannot feel shame. It is not possible, for one oozing perfection at all times.
          I'm really sorry it was offensive to you. I really didn't mean it, this time.

1. profile image0

That's just a lie, you have no idea what any God feels.

You cannot possibly know what I know, unless I tell you.
              In God, there is no shame. How could there be? He's perfect in every way.
              Please stop with your assumptions of me. You simply do not know me. And you do not know my father.

lol lol

wink

2. profile image0

This time? I like the honesty.

To be clear. I think, what you don't understand,is that most everyone feels comfortable with their understanding, with their opinion of their place in the universe.

People who go out of their way to knock other people's comfort zones are just exercising their ego. You are welcome to your beliefs but comments like that are an attempt to belittle other people and their beliefs. If you enjoy doing it, that is your business. You don't know anything more than anyone else, so you aren't belittling the person you meant to.

I know that not everyone is comfortable with their understanding or lack thereof of their place in the universe. This is why we have so many here, on these very pages, who shoot daggers and expect them to make a difference in conveying their messages of uncertainty. But the daggers boomerang sometimes. smile
              Take your assertion that you feel you would be overstepping bounds to claim you know the feelings of a deity. I am real capable of deciphering two and two... you meant to chop me down a peg or two??? wink (remember how you liked my honesty? Try it here, or don't) but one second later, the boomerang. But it was truth... you would in fact be overstepping all bounds to assume you know something of the feelings of someone you do not know. We all may agree there. However, I know the deity. I know that shame is not on his list of attributes. I may say... because I do know...
              Additionally, there are only a few people here with as large a brain as you, in your opinion, and you have no shame in letting that be known.
              Yes, we (you and I) go way back to my first day here, years ago. And you hold NO punches. Never have. Neither do I. We claw and scratch simultaneously. Not just me. wink
              What I know; you do not... God the father.
              If you wanna ask, feel free.
              If you want syrupy kindness, model...

1. profile image0

When have I ever claimed a large brain? I have only laughed at such claims by pointing out being considered intelligent doesn't equate to knowledge of oneself. Those calculations are created by others to catalogue who others think we are. If I have made the claim it is simply to counter point out and showcase it to be ridiculous and of no value within the conversation. The claim is no different than many you make, in that it is an attempt to imply you should be listened to above another. Because that individual is somehow special and better equipped to lead.

Your assumptions grow tedious. Your accusations dishonest. Your whole post is indicative of your inability to view how your own words drive the reactions you complain about.

If God exists you are not special. You are not special. You are not special. Each person has their own journey, has their own lessons to learn and is interacted with according to their needs. You know nothing,.except what is meant for you. And being dishonest, overstepping the bounds of that knowledge by making claims easily seen as false, attempting to claim a cosmic pedestal.....well, if you can't see what this means, don't assume everyone else is at that same level of personal understanding.

Let your ego feed your need but don't expect others to follow suit.

1. profile image0

I'm agreeing with you again. I'll back you up in that I don't remember you ever telling anyone how smart or big your brian is. We will leave that to another hubbers who brags about her education, intelligence, weight and bra size. You have done none of those things, I have no image of your appearance or intelligence from any of your descriptions.

1. profile image0

LOL. I haven't seen anyone bragging about their bra size. That's a hoot.

1. profile image0

"It wasn't that I dressed differently than the other women, it was that I looked different. I got a lot of attention in suits/blazers. I was being told to dress less professionally (big baggy sweater over everything), not more professionally. My supervisor had in her evaluations that I "always dressed professionally". Doesn't make sense to you? Maybe this will clarify. You probably know about bra sizes - a 32 is a very thin person; a DDD is a very large chested person. They rarely sell 32DDDs because it's so uncommon. Women who are 32DDD will get a lot of attention."

This person thought I needed to be taught that big breasted women get a lot of attention and thought that giving me her bra size would explain that to me.

An example of false witness.
                    We can just wait until the next time YOU are "corrected" by the great and powerful brain of better knowledge. There will be a next time... count on it.

1. profile image0

It appears my manner of engaging in conversation on this site has hit a nerve with you. I would suggest, if you find yourself offended, to simply not engage me. Problem solved. Yes? Because if I have not claimed a bigger brain and you assume I have one (as is clearly your assumption on two posts so far) this is not indicative of a problem on my end.

This is not a battle of wills or wit... smile luckily,  huh???...
                  You have never "claimed" anything, but opposition to what is said (on either side, mind you...); you insert your opinion wherever deemed fit... as if...
                  My argument is tailored. Haven't you noticed? I have but one source.
                  To be tossed to and fro..., is not knowledge. It is simply opposition... to whomever does not agree with the idea of the day...
                  If I want to know about custom jewelry, I see Jake... if I want to know about sailing, I see Jacques. If I want to know about cooking, I see Julia. And if I want to know about God, I see Jesus. The masses simply do not know God. They "know" all else though. wink
                  My God exists, that is what makes me to know that I am not "special". His mirror is scary sometimes, which is why so many try to avoid it, or "clean" it...
                  Ego is the tool of the spiritual wickedness which rules this world. It says, "YOU are the master, and YOU know better what makes sense. Shine YOUR knowledgeable light!!!"
                  God says, "you don't know nothin'... follow me."
                  The knowledgeable do not like his charge, "I can do it MYSELF! Cuz I know BETTER than that!!!" is their assertion.
                  So many feel like their own words out-trump. If THAT aint special feelin ego... I don't

1. profile image0

Uh. Say what? I'm not sure if you are aware of it, or not, but yours is also an opinion. Am I not allowed one?

That would be your primary problem with being unable to defend your position. You might expand your mind by referencing other sources.

Not sure where you are going with that one.

You don't give any reason to assume you 'know' Jesus. You know what Genaea believes. It is not one and the same.

No. Your imaginary mirror scares you. You want to scare other people with this imaginary mirror. This does not mean that we should be scared.

Sorry Genaea. Your beliefs are yours. They are not always 'biblical' they are simply what you have been taught and you accept. By coming into this forum and pushing your beliefs as if they are God's will, you are basically doing exactly that. You are saying   "I am the master, and I know better what makes sense. Let me shine my knowledgeable light!!!"

Which means, from this angle, it appear that you do not like his charge, "I can do it MYSELF! Cuz I know BETTER than that!!!" is your assertion.

Yes. We know you feel that way. Therein lies the problem.

My one source is the bible. Our discussion usually centers around it. The info is found nowhere else. But it is sought elsewhere, THERE in lies the issue. You're baking a cake with Jacques. Probably won't turn out right. But that aint the point. Is it???
                      My mirror is the bible. A known document. Not one i have written. EVERYONE knows about it...so it IS commonly known about. But not all will yield their own will to it. It is deemed rubbish. Yet it is the only place that reveals the life and ministry of Jesus.
                      No need to re-resource. All I need is in there.

18. Cgenaea profile image60

Oops... that's why... I know.
      I forgot...

19. Cgenaea profile image60

Many times, I have asked to see the "lie" I've been accused of telling.  No one is ever able to find them... but tig ol bitties??? Rad knows RIGHT where to go...

I have pointed them out to you on many occasions. Oh wait........ sad

Right! Think again.

You missed the point. Oh wait - there she goes again. wink

Hope that helps you understand.

No. Help if you can.

There you go again. wink

20. Sed-me profile image79
      Sed-meposted 9 years ago

I really need to go back and read this one... without any context, this is so very odd. lol

Context is important, right???

1. Sed-me profile image79
          Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No... this seems like one of those awful back and forths that don't serve a great purpose. Hey! Whadja have for breakfast?

Bacon! smile
            Back and forth, it is. But I honestly believe it to have already come and gone, with good result.

21. Sed-me profile image79
      Sed-meposted 9 years ago

Can't we all just get along?
      I quit my job and don't start my new one til next week. I have at least 4 days with nothing to do, but tedious housework, p/t conferences and I finally gave in and went back to Grey's Anatomy, which I had already tired of about 4 years ago. sad

1. profile image0

I can get along. Unless, you don't want to get along. Then I can not get along. I'm very accommodating.

I could use some cash...

1. profile image0

Me too.

Cat333 told us about a sexual harassment suit in which she was successful (because of prayer and favor- though favor, I just added) Rad cannot forget the DDD reason for the need of the suit and shared it with his buddy. Then I reminded the world of the point of her mentioning her breast size at the time (very relevant info). Rad didn't name who... buddy's assumption brought us to this point, the CG spotlight. wink

1. profile image0

Her bra size was an irrelevant issue. That was the funny part. Emile was accused of bragging about how smart she is when she has never done that. Someone else tells a story about how God gave her some money and in doing so throws in how distracting her figure was to those around her. I just think that's funny.

So happy to hear you got the new job!! Hope it turns out great!

Me too! Thank you!
          It's not settled yet, but the offer's on the table and the drug test has been taken. I didn't drool so I'm already thinking I've impressed them more than most.

22. Cgenaea profile image60

I do not maliciously attack. It is funny we have gone this far with this.
      I have been in this position of being afraid that I will never ever get speak to you again. I think I'll live through it. Til next time. smile

23. Cat333 profile image60
      Cat333posted 9 years ago

Here's a major point some of you seem to be intentionally overlooking: Rad Man made an assumption and accused me of dressing provocatively, thereby placing blame on me for the harassment. I'd been speaking of God's prophetic words and promises to me - "They will fight against you, but will not overcome you", and spoke of victory in my work and in my lawsuit. When he made his accusation/assumption about me dressing provocatively, I gave the additional information to clarify why the harassment occurred (which was not because of the way I dressed). Rad Man has revealed a condoning, blaming attitude for the harassment throughout. Ironically this is the same attitude at the root of those he accuses of mistreating women who are not virgins, etc. (though he imagines himself an advocate of women and others). Several of you on here would benefit from sexual harassment training, which may help you avoid the "blaming the victim" tendency of some.

My lawsuit was about a man who engaged in much worse harassment of me and several other women (not to mention a myriad of other problematic behaviors including abuse of a juvenile male there, dishonest activities and fraud, etc.), as well as the failure of the agencies to investigate any of the reports, and the resulting extensive retaliation. All those mistreated by my harasser (female and male employees) and affected by the corruption and deceit there, were overjoyed at the victory. The HR lady was even a witness for me and one of my strongest advocates, so, no, this case was NOT as it's being portrayed by several on here. It's a shame the levels some stoop and the backwards attitudes that persist in our day.

Thank you, Cgenaea, my sister-in-Christ, for your support! I am so glad you have an enlightened view of sexual harassment, and hope those who are behind in their views will educate themselves and will in the future take a less blaming, less judgmental approach of women who are harassed.

1. profile image0

Thumbs up.  I knew you would come and explain eventually.

Thank you, brother!

Unfortunately, this was about much more. We got a dose of how fickle the masses may be.
        Genaea's thinking of boobies was the gut wrencher; not the real bobbie thinker... see how THAT "good point" was praised??? wink Keep watching... those high place powers are real tricky... and most times...they trick themselves successfully; high fives to boot. Lol...
        Hope your new outfit works out better! And hey!!! Don't forget the glasses... wouldn't want to give the wrong impression. smile

3. profile image0

Where did I say you dressed provocatively? That dear is how you hear things.

You said you were asked to dress more appropriately around troubled teenagers and you refused to.

And you brought all this up for some unknown reason because you admit it had nothing to do with your case.

I brought this up here because Emile was being accused of bragging about her intelligence, and I thought the contrast was funny.

24. Cgenaea profile image60

Yes!!! Jesus stood for his father... you know the one... well... maybe not...
      But Jesus was a strong advocate of his own, still is...
      It would be better to have a millstone tied about the neck and be cast into the sea, than to offend the least of his... the TRUE and WIDELY AVAILABLE bible told me that. wink

25. Cgenaea profile image60

So!!! There you have it, Cat333. Not all men CAN be saved... the bible promised many more will not.   
      Self is a hard thing to get past. Especially when your brain is big and you slam your gavel on God himself... there is NO WAY for a man to find Jesus, when self impedes all progress
      Waste of time, praying for ALL to get to heaven.  It is a decision we each make alone, as the god of self. That will not be taken away.
      There will be no knowledge-filled brains at the table; only the body of Christ.
      Love as you love yourself... hmmm... maybe that means look out for... give wholeheartedly, tell the good news, encourage, or...whatever the spirit leads to...
      Please tell me what you have come to see; and what you think of what I say here; when you get s minute.

Yes!! Thank you for pointing out the truth about the question that is revealed in the thread itself!

You are TOO easy... LOL...

26. Cgenaea profile image60

If I were you, I'd just leave it... another twisty turnsy mulberry bush dance at this hour... smile but I'm with you all the way...

27. Cgenaea profile image60

I think Sir Dent helped with this comment. smile plagiarism? No... the spirit has taken over. wink
      Every knee shall bow...
      An edit... I think we are familiar with the seethe...
      However Cat333, the honesty gets easier, see??? You are not bound by normal rules of engagement, here. Unknown makes it easier. Especially REALLY unknown.
      It is much easier to be truthful in this venue. No pressure of having to feel the eyes burning the back of your head at work. smile
      The Lord told me a long time ago, "Write down what I say." At the time, I was unsure... but now! I know what he meant.

28. Sed-me profile image79
      Sed-meposted 9 years ago

Why is this such a toxic place? Breasts? Lawsuits? There's always something. I reached out in friendship tonight. It was ignored completely. Why must we be so cold? We can't let ANYthing go? We can make mistakes, but NO one else can?

Believers: love!
      Atheists: don't scoff!

Can't we just allow others to be human and make mistakes? We make them all the time. Say hello. Be kind. Just forgive and move on. None of this stuff matters. Not. One. Bit. Debate is fine, but all the garbage is so unnecessary. A large percent of this stuff is usually based in misunderstanding. We're all a part of it. Let's just start over. Is that too Pollyanna? It wont kill us, but this toxic fighting... it's like a long, drawn out illness.

1. profile image0

Hey. I meant it when I said I was sorry I offended you.

It's ok, the last thing I want to do is start a whole new thing. I just think we're all stuck! God forbid something really bad happened in our lives tonight, but if it did, this stuff would be a joke. We wouldn't even remember it. Let's just be ppl... We're mostly women on this thread and not one of us is trashing men! (We all get that that's an ironic joke, right?) We're all here for some reason... we have that in common. Something brings us here. We have more in common than strangers in the street. Why not find out the stuff we connect on and support one another, at least a little? IDK... Sorry for interrupting again, but life sucks sometimes. Why would we voluntarily make our little haven suckier?

1. profile image0

Well, unfortunately I don't have anything in common with willfully dishonest people. It really isn't my place to forgive and it is difficult to forget, when it just continues on and on and on.

You have a beautiful heart, Sed-me!

3. Cgenaea profile image60

We wrestle not against flesh and blood.
        In all thy getting, get understanding...
        I love you dearly, Beth. I yield to the spirit within you on all fronts. You have the gift of reason. It comes out in marvelous and amusing ways. I find myself lol-ing to almost every post. I find you remarkable in wit and spirit. I do not persist to irk you in any way.
        It is a conversation that has taken MANY turns. We debate... we reason... we press toward the mark.
        No, this is not the PERFECT illustration of harmony. But it cannot be; for obvious reasons. It is the PERFECT illustration of love, to me.
        Oozing wounds need bandages. The Samaritan is prepared. Sometimes the bleeder is hysterical and begging to not be touched. But the Samaritan cannot be swayed. His mission is to bandage.
        Now, he may rip every gauze pad provided. But it is his choice. The helper helped.
        I hope you feel me. This is not about, "I hate your idiot guts you slithering slitherer!!!"
        Emile's one of my faves. She knows, and is probably squirming as she reads. smile I made it clear at one time.
        I can go back to that. But I think she'd prefer the opt to sharpen... wink

I totally understand. ive taken part in a billion of these, right? We've all witnessed it... Im just having a moment of clarity and it's DEPRESSING!!! We have to learn to let some things go. I have been misunderstood dozens of times, but you can't convince ppl that you're right and they're wrong, so say it loud, say it clear, then let it go. I will call you if I need a nice set of earmuffs, I will call Emile when I can't solve an equation, I will call Cat when I want to know how to look hot (I mean HOTTER, if you know what I mean) and I ... well I wont call Sir Dent, cause that would be inappropriate. Anyway, Ive taken up way too much of everyone's time and I apologize, but it's just so nice that you all took a collective breath... God bless you all!

29. Link10103 profile image60
      Link10103posted 9 years ago

Well, I would like for my degrading words to be explained to me and for it to be elaborated upon on how I am supportive of sexual harassment, rather than have it ignored for half a page of comments.

At the very least.

What if we all agree that sexual harassment is bad and illegal and unfair to both sexes and if anyone said anything they shouldn't have, we all sing the Frozen song together in harmony... like a 70s Coke commercial? Our own personal Hands Across America, only with no touching... just in case.

1. profile image0

I don't know the Frozen song.

1. profile image0

What? You expect me to learn the lyrics and tune of a totally new song at 2am?

No. It's not happening. You'll just have to chose another song. Sorry.

On second thought, I just mouth the words anyway in a group sing a long. That song is fine.

Just wear the dress and strut a lot.

1. profile image0

Don't be giving the dress away. The self proclaimed pretty girl might want it.

hahahaha... it didn't last long did it. Oh well. Love to you all and that Link guy that I don't know yet.

Emile: I was sexually harassed because of my body type. Large chested women are frequent targets of harassment; it has nothing to do with what they wear or say/do. It actually results in psychological problems for women and girls when they're treated differently because of the way they look. I never said I believe I'm pretty. You even have a "type" in your mind of those who report sexual harassment. You wouldn't hire someone of a certain type (itself discrimination). There have been a lot of condoning attitudes of sexual harassment expressed here, primarily by you and Rad Man, who both resorted to the "blame the victim" mentality. Again, I encourage sexual harassment training for enlightenment.

Beth: I appreciate your efforts at peacemaking. Still, there's a time for peace and a time for war. Sexual harassment is a serious problem. Condoning attitudes of it make it all the more serious. Minimizing attitudes don't help. It must be confronted; it's a battle worth fighting (not yet the time for peace). I understand that Emile is somewhat of a friend to you, so I understand the extra desire to avoid conflicts in this particular situation. I'm sorry that it's disturbing to you. And I hope you can understand it. You are a beautiful woman of God, and I will always know and appreciate that about you. Right now I really appreciate the support from Cgenaea and SirDent. God gave me a promise that I would not be put to shame for it and that I would be victorious in the battle against my harassers and retaliators, and despite its unlikelihood in the natural (sexual harassment suits are rarely successful; suits against government agencies rarely successful...), as always God kept his promise. I give testimony of all manner of things, and God's promises to me here are one of them. I won't be shamed into silence. God gave the victory and I will tell of it.

I think they were talking about you dressing provocatively in front of troubled teenage boys incarcerated in care. That is what you said wasn't it?

2. profile image0

If there were any evidence you were a victim provide it. Honestly, this whole conversation is completely out of place. I don't think you should have brought it up, in the first place. You go on and on. If you and genaea would simply drop it, I'm sure everyone else would. Rad made one comment. I laughed at it because you should never have brought it up. Genaea insisted on naming you and broadening it. You two only have yourselvesyourselves to blame.

3. Sed-me profile image79

I do like Emile, whether or not she would call me a friend, I don't know. In fact, we are strangers. I did not take sides on this matter at all. I did not go back and read the issue, b/c there is ALWAYS an issue. My point wasn't that you did anything wrong, my point wasn't that you didn't have a right to defend yourself. My point was just... think about it. Are you defending yourself to ANYONE on the forum that you aren't always having to defend yourself too? No. My point is it has nothing to do with any wrong doing of yours and everything to do with Unbelievers vs. Believers... just as it does everyday. (Same as it ever was.) We will always have something to disagree on and some will actually say you've done something wrong, no matter what you've done, just b/c you are a believer. (This was a fact that became obvious to me when a certain poster accused Mother Teresa of all sorts of foul play.)

I have read today's accusations. Did you dress appropriately for your job? Then you've done nothing wrong and we all know that. I am not joining this argument b/c my whole point is that this daily negativity serves no positive purpose and I wish better for each of us. Peace to you!!! smile

2. Link10103 profile image60

Sexual harassment is certainly bad and illegal.

Cant really say I can let it slide when it is implied that I support sexual harassment though (based off of nothing) and am thought to have said something degrading (based off of something that was about both sexes), only to have it not backed up and completely ignored.

I personally like this mashup cover of Frozen better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoBELyv9cgk

Do you support sexual harassment? No? Then let it go. They're just words, what can they do ya?

1. profile image0

Disagree. People should be honest. When they are not they should be given the opportunity to correct the problem. If they don't, it should not be glossed over.

Ive allowed myself to be misunderstood more times than I can count. Why do you think ppl hate me so much? Eh... life's too short in my book. But we're all different.

1. profile image0

When I'm misunderstood i seek to clarify. When I'm in the wrong i apologize. Sir Dent was adult enough to admit he misspoke. We are all adults here. I would hope.

I understand. smile

I tend to be a tad hard headed when things are implied or claimed with no factual basis and are then used against me in a passive aggressive way.

Character flaw I guess.

Don't sweat it Link guy, we're all human. Im gonna go listen to your remix version now.

Link: I meant what I said about you generally seeming like a nice guy. Because you seemed to be teetering a little, I asked you to be cautious about attitudes that promote sexual harassment. Even small, teetering comments like those related to kids requesting hot therapists, chest size not causing harassment (when the alternative was one saying it was my manner of dress, rather than body shape). I wasn't trying to offend you and I apologize that I did. Your concern here actually says a very good thing about you - that you do care about doing and saying the right thing.

1. Link10103 profile image60

1. No where did I say anything about kids requesting hot therapists. What I said is that girls could respond equally well to a hot guy therapist than a boy would respond to a hot woman therapist with assets, which was in response to Cgenaea's comment about the effectiveness of woman therapists with assets.

2. Chest size has nothing to do with harassment. I highly doubt chest size has been a factor in cases where preteen girls are touched and raped. Rad man is correct, just because one dresses professionally doesn't mean it is appropriate attire. If there were issues regarding your body, which you obviously cannot change, you should have covered up more or found another job. Thats common sense. I dont see how you view that as pinning the blame completely on you and somehow supporting sexual harassment when you know your large chest size can be viewed as a distraction, especially in a place that is filled with troubled and most likely hormonallly charged youths.

It was your choice to remain there, which is the choice that led to everything happening afterwards. If you really want to twist words, I could say that you support sexual harassment because you stayed at a place where it was clearly evident. Of course, I doubt that would be a fair assessment of things.

Link: Now you're more than teetering, you're actually saying that because of my body type, I should have found a different job.

Detention was my calling, which I knew long before working there. During graduate school, I planned to work in detention and eventually hoped to open a crisis youth shelter. God paved the way for me to obtain the position straight out of graduate school, the Spirit gave me complete confidence in his will for me to be there, and I fulfilled his will for me while there.

A large chest on a thin body is pretty hard to disguise, but I ensured I dressed appropriately and NEVER had cleavage showing (which many others there did). You are mistaken if you think that a large chest does not increase the chances of sexual harassment (though yes anyone, including men, can be a victim).

Edit: Btw, the courts do not hold your view that if you have a particular body type and are harassed, you should find another position or you are responsible for your harassment. Please take a sexual harassment course.

1. Link10103 profile image60

Please take a basic reading comprehension course, since you seem incapable of understanding anything that is said to you. This topic is done, enjoy your large bust size that was given by god, who directed you to a place that he knew you would be harassed for it, so you could then sue them for a large sum of money. Obiously he had less important things to do at the time.

The drivel was interesting at first, but now I am legitimately getting pissed off. Time to talk about something else it seems, preferably more on topic.

2. Sed-me profile image79

Bam! Awesome!

2. profile image0

Good luck with that.

30. Cgenaea profile image60

Ha!!! Dishonesty...
      The mirror is scripture. Many would do well to focus there, without the gavel.
      The book is not praised, but seen as guidance for one who desires Christ.
      Even Christ was judged. He promised that I would be.
      Beth, your request for harmony is certainly admirable, but how can two walk together, lest they agree???
      My yea doth not mix with the nay. It's obvious...
      We can probably have great discussions about Niagra Falls though.

Then maybe you should?
        I've always wanted to see the falls.
        God is revealed in many different ways besides debate.

31. Cgenaea profile image60

Though it pains me, cause I know we have bigger fish...
      The Falls fall really PRETTY and it has rocks! smile

If you were standing in front of the magnificence of those Falls right now... those Falls that God created, in all their splendor... would you give God glory and love your fellow man or would you bicker over bras and the like? Those Falls are out there whether you can see them or not. Babies are being born and cancers are being cured and miracles are happening in our very own lives, even when we don't see them and above and beyond all that we have been offered forgiveness by a God we have wronged as we have chosen sin over righteousness over and over and over again.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
        Phil 4:8

Say, "I love you" CG, and move on.

1. profile image0
          Motown2Chitownposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have been so guilty of this so many times-ignoring the beauty and grace and wonder, even in my own life, to focus on the minuscule details over which -I- think I have control. And I've done it with you, Beth, and I want to offer sincere apologies to you for any time that's been the case. I'm sorry. Let's think about and focus on all those wonderful and positive things...love each other in all our craziness and brokenness and in all those moments when we disagree and move on.

THANK YOU for the perspective.

Peace.

This meant the world to me. Thank you MT. smile

32. Cgenaea profile image60

That is cheating, Beth. You just wrapped it right back around to "your ridiculous scriptures about your ridiculous God who is just ridiculous in all ridiculousness. And mean!!! He's mean too! He let's children die starving and he pulls the wings off beautiful butterflies! So there! " wink
      I love you! Uh... I'm still here...where do I move to?
      I really want to hear what you think "move on" looks like.

We don't have to agree, to love.
        We don't have to be on the same page, every time we say good night.
        And most of all, we don't... we can't always be right, or prove that we're right.
        So we say our piece and we don't burn the bridge in order to be right - or there may be no way to get back to that person again.
        Im not picking on you... Im really not. You're just the only one here and I probably chased everyone else off, and I do apologize for that.
        This is just where my heart is tonight so I thank you for allowing me to speak it.
        I gotta hit the sack... Im not even tired, but tomorrow's a big day.

Night CG, God be with you til we meet again.

33. Cgenaea profile image60

I understand. Thanks. It sometimes seems as though a voice cries, "let it go already!" From time to time. I know that I ten to be the last one standing, my insomnia's just worse than most. smile
      Burning bridges is often necessary though. I only have an ear for a season. The planting gets done. I have no qualms regarding harmony and togetherness, it is or it isn't. Opposition is everywhere. I say as I am given... the chips fall where they may...

34. Cgenaea profile image60

Sounds exactly like the comment Rad uttered just before all this...
      Please learn appropriate behavior when dealing with adults who are automatically assumed to be on an even keel as thyself.

35. Cgenaea profile image60

I say "looking too good" was sarcasm. But every soul here, knows. I think. Why the ride??? Maybe it's fun. Maybe we missed our cue to scream, WEEEEEE!!!
      You havn fun Cat333? On three... wink

36. Cgenaea profile image60

Oh!!! You had the gall to give God some glory for your victory... THAT'S the high-place powers problem.
      We forgot all about the victory in Christ Jesus and "focused" elsewhere...
      How silly of me to be confused before... Textbook, glory-stealing; dream-killing; powers, trying to dull God's shine. smile
      No liar will prosper.

Yes!!

37. Cgenaea profile image60

I think this calls for one of my favorites, Cat. You ready to celebrate???

2 Cor 4 Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. 2 Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways;we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled,it is veiled to those who are perishing.4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servantsfor Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,”[a]made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.8 We are hard pressed on every side,but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body.12 So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

Let the praise begin!!! smile

THANK YOU and AMEN!!

38. Cgenaea profile image60

The focus of this conversation was to be prayer.
      As always, the very ones who consider prayer a joke, show up soon.
      Do we then change the focus to The Falls so that we may appease the soul come to insert their views of God (not real and NOT represented correctly in scripture).
      Do we bow to misrepresented facts? Are we then Christian-bound to uproot, to keep the peace?
      For Beth and I, we may disagree amicably. We do agree on God. He taught us how to forgive and keep peace with fellows. Did he give us instruction on how to handle the nay???
      Shake the dust... does not work here. We come daily. What should our speak continually be with one who persecutes.
      Cat, "pray for them who use and persecute."
      Ha! A remembered word from the Lord, on the matter. smile
      I really wish we had instances where Jesus was confronted by nonbelievers. He mostly spoke to his own. I cannot recall a time where he spoke to nonbelievers at length.
      Help somebody!
      Are we to ignore the hogwash?
      Spirit says.
      Some of us are given the gift of perseverance and endurance and lonsuffering. It is not given to all. Will I be judged for my gifts by all? Yes.
      Do I allow the judgment to deter? No.
      I got nothing but time. smile
      So, though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear not. The Lord is with me.
      We can be happy as long as you don't talk about that God junk... just does NOT work for me. Let's NOT be THAT happy...
      My sisters in Christ, understand. They bow to what I say my calling is for me, as I bow to their ministry. No man may judge the servant of another unless MISconduct forces one's hand. If I am wrong and hear in err, please share. I'm easy for Godly counsel. smile

"I cannot recall a time where he spoke to nonbelievers at length."

Although it wasn't verbal, he DID "speak" to the moneychangers in the temple.  It wasn't his finest hour...

I think the moneychangers were of the Jews? His own. He whipped them for bringing in "extras" to the temple. We have one focus, he said. Or something like that... would they have been in the Jewish temple at all if they were not Jews??? Believers with an attitude... he came to fix their thinking.

Well said!

Well said indeed! Just a reminder of why preaching is not allowed and discussion is encouraged. Oh wait. lol

39. profile image0
      SirDentposted 9 years ago

http://c1414377.r77.cf3.rackcdn.com/media/_images/256922-400xNone.jpg

http://golfweek.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/croppedphotos/2010/05/23/adidas-retego-sunglasses_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

OK Cat.  It seems many will not be satisfied until you are wearing these.  Remember. if you are caught in public without these items on your person, you will be detained and imprisoned, possibly even worse. 

May God have mercy on your soul.

Sad but true! Thanks again for making me laugh!

1. profile image0

Wow. You guys are too much. Way too focused on your body. No one else seems to be. Maybe that's what has you so riled up?

Couldn't be the condoning and blaming attitudes related to sexual harassment. That would make too much sense! Just make another negative remark about me since that's what you do.

1. profile image0

Of course you've been so positive when speaking of me. Personally, the jury is still out for me as to whether you're just making this up for attention.  But, Sir Dent's picture is not indicative of anything anyone has suggested. The fact that you two appear to think that shows exactly where your focus is. I think everyone else has made it clear that's outside of the bounds of good taste.

As far as I can recall most of the few things I've said to you in the forums have been positive. Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything regarding the statements about your "large brain", but I wanted to clarify that the one you accused of lying wasn't lying but giving their sincere impression. I apologize for any offensive statement to you. To be fair, I think there are a lot of big egos here and one is not necessarily bigger than another. I genuinely meant what I said about your wit and your posts are often enjoyable.

As far as the attitudes you expressed about sexual harassment and women who report harassment, I really do think you'd benefit from a course on it. It isn't evolution that causes us to understand that violence and rape are not acceptable, it's teaching. Likewise, teaching gets us to a more enlightened view of sexual harassment. For some perspective, when you're on the same page as RA, maybe it's time to rethink your position.

You're still going on about this?

Yep, but I think we're about done now.

2. profile image0

Oh for goodness sake. I wouldn't take a class intended to make me accepting of this type of  whining. Most of us rose above it at about 16.

And, the only honest statement concerning the accusation concerning my brain is that it was childish and a lie. I have never made that claim nor would I.

Someone gave their HONEST impression of your communication. Nobody indicated that you made a statement regarding your brain. No lies, only sincere impressions given. You may disagree with any assessment or impression, but to say someone is lying when they give an honest assessment / impression is itself falsehood.

So reports of harassment are considered "whining" to you. More of the same condoning attitude of the harassment itself. Your attitude toward the classes is very revealing as well. If you've not been targeted / singled out, discriminated against or sexually harassed in any way, then you have nothing to "rise above", do you? If you have been harassed within your profession, then I doubt you'd be taking such a minimizing, condoning attitude toward the offense / crime.

An advocate of the rape victim, now an advocate of the sexual harasser. smile just depends on the day... and the opponent. Totally tossed, then missed.

I do sincerely urge you to take a basic reading comprehension class. 10 pages of comments probably wouldnt exist if you could actually comprehend what you read, rather than constantly misinterpret clear as day statements and invent new meanings to things.

3. profile image0

Were there evidence of a crime I would react differently. All we have here is your constant complaints and negative remarks concerning people who are not available to defend themselves. We have no way to verify anything you say to be true. Yet, I have evidence that you will, and do, consider untruths in support of your friends to be acceptable.

So, if I have observed that you are willing to be less than honest on issues I can verify how do you expect me to believe you on matters I can't?

You've accused me of attempting to silence your testimony. I think there is history enough that on 'matters of testimony' I have been fairly supportive. The beginning of this thread is evidence. This current conversation is not testimony. Accusing those who disagree with you of supporting sexual harassment is ridiculous and unfair. As a woman, it offends me to see it because every time a woman conducts herself in this manner, when she expects special treatment without evidence that she deserves it, when she complains that its 'just because of my body' that she has been singled out....it makes it that much more difficult for the rest of us to be taken seriously. You force us into the position of having to rise above your problems. Is that fair?

Let's put this into Biblical perspective. Shall we? Galations 3:28 'There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.'

You will say that this only affects Christians, if it even affects any of you at all. It's hard to say with all of the other stuff you guys claim is pertinent. You will say it has nothing to do with you and your current complaints.

I say it has a lot to do with showing how you don't understand the spirit of this statement and that your refusal to view others as you do yourself is evident in your entire line of defense on the issue at hand. You claim you were singled out because you are different. Special in their eyes. You claim you suffered because of the fact that you were different. Special in several different ways. You also claim God singled you out because you were singled out. You claim you are special on both ends. Because you were special, God used you and rewarded you for that use.

Well, gee. Aren't you special in your own eyes. What you have been presented with from many different angles is the belief that we must take responsibility for our beliefs and our actions. Our beliefs drive the actions of others; as you can certainly agree. Your belief that you are special, your dogged insistence  that you are special, your constant complaints that others are insensitive because they don't accept the premise that you are special is the primary problem here.

40. Cat333 profile image60
      Cat333posted 9 years ago

Well, here's an unexpected "coincidence". My case is now a couple years old; it hasn't been a focus in awhile. Recently I'd been told that another woman currently working there was considering getting a lawyer after the leaders accused her of having an affair with a coworker based on gossip there (similar to one of the attacks against me). Here we are discussing the situation at length, when "coincidentally" I get a request from the woman to talk with me about my lawsuit because the leaders have now suddenly requested she be removed from detention.

Seems like maybe God's moving and something more is about to take place. Just find it very strange at this exact moment!

Not buying it. Sorry. wink

"Coincidences" are very unbelievable to the unbeliever. As believers, we understand that they're not coincidences at all. I can do nothing but give you the truth. You decide if you believe it or not.

I don't know the purpose in this right now - If God was preparing me, or Satan was attempting to ruin my confidence, or what. I don't know how successful her case will be, but I will meet with her. Maybe it's time for publicity on a larger level (something several people have already pressed me to do). Don't know... If any believer has a word, it would be greatly appreciated!

No - you missed my point. That was a nice way of saying something else. wink

Quite possible that you were placed in this position for a specific reason. We know that our father does not like to see injustice. He rips the covers off all the time, somewhere. Maybe it's their turn. The spirit leads in the right direction.
            No false witness, is all I get. Meaning, I cannot think of a biblical scripture that would fit here, to help you decide WHAT to do. But the scripture provided was HOW to do it. Of course not saying you'd lie. Just thought I'd clean that up a bit, for the audience. wink

Yes! I only want this to be led of the Spirit!

smile

41. Cgenaea profile image60

I remember my days in the center of that ring. smile
      Not a hair singed, or even the smell of smoke...

I'm thankful He uplifted you and brought you out safely to the other side!

And if he doesn't... he is able. wink

42. profile image0

Three preachers sat discussing the best positions for prayer while a telephone repairman worked nearby. "Kneeling is definitely best," claimed one.

"No," another contended. "I get the best results standing with my hands outstretched to Heaven."

"You're both wrong," the third insisted. "The most effective prayer position is lying prostrate, face down on the floor."

The repairman could contain himself no longer. "Hey, fellas, " he interrupted, "the best prayin' I ever did was hangin' upside down from a telephone pole."

43. profile image0

The temporary Sunday School teacher was struggling to open a combination lock on the supply cabinet. She had been told the combination, but couldn't quite remember it.

Finally she went to the pastor's study and asked for help. The pastor came into the room and began to turn the dial.

After the first two numbers he paused and stared blankly for a moment.

Finally he looked serenely heavenward and his lips moved silently.

Then he looked back at the lock, and quickly turned to the final number, and opened the lock.

The teacher was amazed. "I'm in awe at your faith, pastor," she said.

"It's really nothing," he answered. "The number is on a piece of tape on the ceiling."

44. profile image0

One day, Joe, Bob and Dave were hiking in a wilderness area when they came upon a large, raging, violent river. They needed to get to the other side, but had no idea of how to do so.

Joe prayed to God, saying, "Please God, give me the strength to cross this river."

Poof! God gave him big arms and strong legs, and he was able to swim across the river in about two hours, although he almost drowned a couple of times.

Seeing this, Dave prayed to God, saying, "Please God, give me the strength and the tools to cross this river."

Poof! God gave him a rowboat and he was able to row across the river in about an hour, after almost capsizing the boat a couple of times.

Bob had seen how this worked out for the other two, so he also prayed to God saying, "Please God, give me the strength and the tools, and the intelligence, to cross this river."

Poof! God turned him into a woman. She looked at the map, hiked upstream a couple of hundred yards, then walked across the bridge

45. profile image0

So far today, God, I've done all right. I haven't gossiped, haven't lost my temper, haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or over-indulgent. I'm really glad about that.

But in a few minutes, God, I'm going to get out of bed and from then on I'm probably going to need a lot more help.

Thank you.

In Jesus name. Amen

lol

Thank you, Sir Dent, for lightening the thread! They are funny!

46. profile image0

The Baptist preacher just finished his sermon for the day and proceeded toward the back of the church for his usual greetings and handshaking as the congregation left the church. After shaking a few adult hands he came upon the seven year old son of one of the Deacons of the church.

"Good morning, Jonathan," the preacher said as he reached out to shake Joanthan's hand.

As he was doing do he felt something in the palm of Jonathan's hand. "What's this?" the preacher asked.

"Money," said Jonathan with a big smile on his face, "It's for you!"

"I don't want to take your money, Jonathan," the preacher answered.

"I want you to have it," said Jonathan. After a short pause Jonathan continued, "My daddy says you're the poorest preacher we ever had and I want to help you."

47. Cgenaea profile image60

Calming is a GREAT description. Peace that surpasses understanding...
      I know exactly how you felt. The desire is to sift us as wheat... and it is illustrated in a complete badgering of words and thoughts bestowed.
      But hey... they have a charge too...
      Nevertheless, like a tree planted by the water; I shall NOT be moved.
      Brush ya shoulders off. wink the storm is over... til next time.

Amen!

48. Cgenaea profile image60

Good morning world! smile
      The misery has begun. Already...
      The sheer anger of the devil...evident.
      It happens to be a lovely day in Chicago. We still have the sun...though a pregnant raccoon has taken up residence under the porch; things are lovely.
      No worry of ruining a perfect peace. Thank God, that I may say. smile
      The rottenness of verbal assault because of facts UNKNOWN is, well, bias... and hatred... indicative of madness beyond that which is the subject of the insisted upon  conversation at hand. 
      It tickles me to NO end to watch the powers squirming.  No rest because the rulers of this world simply will not allow it. smile "Get behind her, Satan." As Jesus would say. I know what he would say...he said it before. wink
      Unfortunately, the simple utterance of his name makes demons to tremble... and we get to watch!!! smile
      Tremble Lucifer. Your time is almost up...is THAT why you fight so unfairly? Nah... you are just doing what you do... carry on...
      You have no power here. wink

Amen! I had a very peaceful nights sleep. Let's just abide in the Spirit and have a peaceful day!

Great! That your night was peaceful.
          Abiding in peace... smile even through the storm.

49. Righteous Atheist profile image57
      Righteous Atheistposted 9 years ago

lol lol

Glad to see you've perked up!!! smile Have a peaceful day!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)