jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are the intersections of your religion with the religion of another culture

1. KatyWhoWaited profile image60
    KatyWhoWaitedposted 6 years ago

What are the intersections of your religion with the religion of another culture?

if you were born in another country, what do you suppose your religious beliefs would be

2. thost profile image60
    thostposted 6 years ago

Whatever religion your parents are, determines your religion. As for other religions, many roads lead to heaven.

3. grinnin1 profile image83
    grinnin1posted 6 years ago

Well, Christians, Muslims and the Jewish faith all believe in the same omnipotent God. And I think that the basic morality laws are the same.  Wish I could elaborate, but I'm don't know enough about each faith to go much further than that.

4. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

I studied religions as an outside interest and I know that they teach the same basic concepts, worded differently. The rituals are different but the core values are almost always similar.

5. Jynzly profile image72
    Jynzlyposted 6 years ago

I have a universal definition for religion; for me it means " a revival of the spiritual nature in me" I believe in the spiritual nature of every human being and it's a personal matter; hence my religion is not influenced by my culture, rather it is a self-discovery in relation to my spiritual nature or call it the "Godhead" in me. After long years of thorough searching for my own truth, e.g. the physical me, the soul me, and the spirit me...I had established to myself what definition I give for the word "religion"...it's not a doctrine...it's not a church...it's a core belief concerning those three components I had just mentioned.
    Thus, to answer the question. The intersection is; man's natural desire to be connected with "God" however he calls it...the "belonging-ness" to a church is a cultural thing...humans are social beings, they need to belong to a group which believe in the same things, spiritual or otherwise.

6. CloudExplorer profile image77
    CloudExplorerposted 6 years ago

I accept all the world religions as fact for what they offer to all humanity as a whole, as a spiritualist, I walk amongst all spiritual leaders, as well as followers, I attend any ceremony as long as I'm invited, and I accept any practices of their worship, as long as its for a good cause. So I don't have any issues with anyone, and this brings me to a point of rest, and internal as well as external peace with everyone I come in contact with.

Universal enlightenment was my goal to achieve in spirituality, and that I have, but it takes a great deal of respect for others, and self discipline (years of meditation) to get to such a level of self awareness, as well as the admiration and devotion to the faiths of others worldwide, which lead me to compassion for what they bring to the world stage as a whole. I am one with them all, the universe is me. All praises due to the one and only CREATOR.

Awesome question, and I would of liked to have created an entire hub about it, but I guess I'll do it later today, I have some sharing and reading of hubs to do for now. nice one!

7. KatyWhoWaited profile image60
    KatyWhoWaitedposted 6 years ago

Dear Answerers!  I thought this question would make for a great hub for the contest that requires answering a question posed in this section.  It seems as if the question could be elaborated upon in a multiplicity of approaches and would be of great interest to the people.

working