Why Is Jesus A Separatist?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (103 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image57
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

Why would a loving god preach a separatist belief? Is this logical? lol

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus loves you

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No he doesn't. I don't worship him. He wants to send me to hell. Thats not very nice now is it.

1. profile image0
          A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, its true, Jesus loves you, there's a song and everything!

lol I think I heard it. I almost caught on fire.

2. Vladimir Uhri profile image61
          Vladimir Uhriposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He loves you weather you worship Him or not. His love is unconditional.

Thats not what the bible says. It says I am a product of the devil and that i'm going to hell.

Stop buttering up the story sir.

2. profile image50
      Opportunist Partyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

name me one religion that isn't "separatist"? Imagine if there wasn't exclusivity...if everyone is in heaven( Hitler, Bin Laden, etc.) then it isn't heaven.

Have you died before? How do you know what happens after death?

1. Sybil Marie profile image59
          Sybil Marieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a really good question, what do you think happens? I mean does it make sense that our consciousness just ceases to exist when our body dies? That doesn't seem logical too me.

I can honestly say I don't have a clue. It doesn't seem logical to me to go to heaven to worship jesus. Maybe if we are consisted of energy, our energy and conscious disperse somehow somewhere. I'm starting to like you Sybil. You have an individual mind!

LOL Thanks Marine :} Okay so lets put aside the whole Jesus question. I'm no scientist but we know energy never ceases to exist right, just changes form, and it's pretty clear we are made up of energy. And then you think about the fact that we seem to grow and change all though our lifes (okay now I'm wondering if this should be a whole different thread! LOL It makes sense tome that we continue, somehow in a individual way

I don't know, but I do know that if we think nothing happens after death, we limit our minds from thinking of what we don't know. If we assume we go to heaven to worship jesus, we limit our minds from thinking of what we don't know. I think our energy is possibly dispersed somewhere after dying, I don't have a clue of where. lol

1. ediggity profile image61
                  ediggityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is a very valid point, and this may help explain some of your curiosity.

http://230nsc1.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbasees … ntrop.html

1. Cagsil profile image70
                    Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting read.smile

2. Sybil Marie profile image59

Sounds like you have an open mind Marine I like you too

Likewise. Always nice to see someone humble enough to admit what they don't know.

2. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, what would make you think that your consciousness wouldn't end, when your body dies?

But, that's exactly what happens.....when you die. It is the END of your life. YOU lose consciousness and your dead.

All the energy in your body ceases to exist. Meaning, you're dead.

What, Do you think your "soul" or "spirit" goes somewhere else? And life continues?

How is that logical?

And, by the way, you don't have a soul or spirit. These are just words to describe people's actions.

So, now what?

lol Have you died before?

Those are ignorant comments considering our mind is unmapped. Are your beliefs absolute?

2. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 14 years ago

He still loves you.  Maybe he's just disappointed.  For all those who may be wondering:

Main Entry: sep·a·rat·ist
    Pronunciation: \ˈse-p(ə-)rə-tist, ˈse-pə-ˌrā-\
    Function: noun
    Date: 1608
    : one that favors separatism: as a capitalized : one of a group of 16th and 17th century English Protestants preferring to separate from rather than to reform the Church of England
    b : an advocate of independence or autonomy for a part of a political unit (as a nation)
    c : an advocate of racial or cultural separation
    — separatist adjective
    — sep·a·ra·tis·tic  \ˌse-p(ə-)rə-ˈtis-tik\ adjective

Yep, jesus and the bible are separatists.

To the religious it seems your beliefs favor separatism.

My belief doesn't have empty threats and ask for followers.

I believe in equality, not favoritism of belief.

My friend you did not defined word separatist. Jesus drew very big crowd. He of cause separated Himself to meditate laud on the Word and of course He missed His DAD.
        I am separatist too, when I meditate on Word.

3. marinealways24 profile image57

Does the bible create peace or separatism?

The BIBLE creates choice.

Choice of separatism.

1. Vladimir Uhri profile image61

God cannot take sin into heaven or paradise, since it would change heaven to hell.

2. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus does separate and he does create choice.

It's kinda like he is driving a wagon through your town.
          He wants for ya to get on his wagon, but it is your choice. When he has left town this causes separation between you and his wagon. Did Him giving you choice condemned you? if in fact you are condemned. Everything concerning you is all your choice.
        Nobody else can do anything except for to yell , come on get in I'll give ya a hand.

Why is there always a riddle or analogy to solve?

Helping with a wagon isn't the same as saying, believe or go to hell.

Stop buttering things up.

1. Jerami profile image58

That is the way my grandfather would have explained to me when I was 10 years and I would have understood it. There isn't a riddle. I'm sorry that you do not want to understand. 
                If you follow, then you won't be separated.
                If you connect with no one or nuthing, then you will always have no choice but to be INDIVIDUAL

So you have to follow to not be separated?

Why is jesus a separatist?

Was you not born an individual?

2. profile image54
      zarquonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Bible is a historical documentation of the lives of ancient prophets inspired by the word of God. It is not a living being per se. It is a scriptural text that promotes peace of mind and spiritual prosperity.
      Your subjective description that it is a separatism form of literature is justified by your ignorance and limited intelligence.
      Have you actually read the entire book with an open mind?

So, your not a separatist?

Peace of mind with threats of hell?

Have you read with a non separatist mind?

3. Valerie F profile image60
      Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Bible says human individuals chose to separate themselves from God, so, no the Bible doesn't create separatism. You and I do.

4. profile image50
    eddiekayposted 14 years ago

I'm guessing that you're thinking in terms of the modern definition of separate. Like anything taken out of context, it could appear that something means one thing to you while quite another to me.
    If you and I were working on ....???carrying sheetrock upstairs and i asked you for a hand...would you do what I asked, what I meant or clarify my request ? Kinda extreme example but , you get the point.
    If you really want a biblically based answer, let us all know exactly what you're basing the question on and i'm sure me or somebody else can add sonmething.
    Best

Believe or go to hell.

Believers believe they are rewarded for their belief over non believers. Separatism.

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, God says to choose this day whom you will serve. Choose which door you want to walk through, what kind of car or truck you want to drive. We make choices all the time without giving a second thought about them.

We are very picky about who works on our cars, who cuts our hair, and who our doctor is. When it comes to following after a spirit, we don't seem to care and follow just any of them.

Jesus is not a separatist. Jesus gave His life for the sins of all men to redeem them back to God from where they originated. This is not separatist, but unity in God.

1. atomswifey profile image56
          atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is why I love you my friend the truth lives in you. smile

A government truth.

2. marinealways24 profile image57

Unity that separates believers and non believers. Is that unity? lol It is separatism.

God did not create hell for man. He said fallow me and I will take care of rest. But He value of freedom of choice and will protect it even you make decision to go to hell. Hell is nothing else as separation from God and there will be everything what people do not like. That's devil's job to constantly harass the people. He would like you to believe that is all God's or Jesus fault.   
        He said I do not condemn or judge anyone but the Word will judge you in the last day.

5. profile image50

Man, you get right to it, don't you!
    OK....working backwards yeah, believe or go to hell is about right BUT
    it is never God's will that anybody goes to hell...
    from the time you're born till the  minute you die we're given a continuous stream of chances to believe. In life, we walk past a trillion open doors and it's up to us to walk thru. Man...i didn't walk thru till i was 57...I did sins that weren't even invented and No, I can't say I walked thru, I gotta say my butt was picked up, slammed down and thrown right thru that door. It wasn't like i said, "err, Uhh, God can I come in?" It was much more like he said "Git y'ass in here boy, now" And i did.
    Up till that time, yeah, I was walking separate bcause i separated myself from him. But that was never what he wanted...it was just what he let me do. Men create separatism, I think mainly because we all think we're better than the next guy...but that's just my opinion.
    God, no...he wants all the kids home and he turns nobody away when they come knocking.
    So, what do you think?

I think the bible claims to do whatever you want and you get into heaven as long as you ask for forgiveness and accept jesus.

Jesus is a separatist belief. Those who don't believe aren't in the jesus club.

The BIBLE is far from saying do whatever you want.  When Jesus came he re-iterated the Commandments, spoke of faith, and judgment.  I have faith, and I still know I will be judged, just as you will, and everyone else.  Hopefully we all end up in the same place.

Thats not what the bible says to those that have an individual belief.

The bible says you will go to hell for having an individual belief.

A separatist bible.

I guess we just have two different interpretations of what we've read then.  To me the main point of the BIBLE wasn't believe or go to hell.  It was help people, be humble, and have faith.

It it is divine, how many interpretations should it have?

That depends on what you choose to believe.  Obviously you have a different interpretation than mine, and you don't believe in it.

So, I am a science experiment born an individual to see if I follow the chosen belief? Doesn't sound divine to me.

No you are the product of two individuals who defied GOD, and rather than GOD just eliminating his creation all together, he gave us a chance to do the right thing.

6. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

My mind that I think, believe and or KNOW with has not yet been classified. I am what I am and I don't eat spinach.  I do not want to be separated. I am not a follower or a leader. I do however feel better when I am going in the same direction as somebody.

Was you born to follow the bible or was it just a science test to see if you would believe or not?

Who would want to be part of a science experiment?

How are you not a follower if you follow a belief?

7. marinealways24 profile image57

If jesus isn't a separatist, why are we argueing whether or not he's a separatist? Wouldn't we agree?

8. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hmmm.....

Since you did say, "What do you think?"

I guess, I'll tell you.

How ever, mostly what I have to say is directed at the words you chose for your opinion.

How ever, the simple fact that any religious text printed anywhere, has been revised too many times to be, believed as far as anything it has to say.

Secondly, Jesus Christ was a real man and a real minister. He had many followers, because he spoke unlike any other. People were spell-bound by his words, because they had no consciousness about them. They were still driven by nature, kind of like when you were a child, new born. Yet, these people were full grown adults.

You didn't have a clue what was going on. You didn't even know who you were you, until your parents gave you a name?

Then as you grew up, you were exposed to religion, which now controls your life, in ways you can not explain.

Jesus Christ was NOT a prophet. He wasn't nor is a God. And, he was not the son of God.

He was human and lived his life by teaching, mentoring and ministering to those who would listen.

His only message: accept your human consciousness as your life and you'll live eternally. You can do so, thru his words, if you put the words into the right context. Something "religion" purposely didn't do. So as to better control the masses.

That was fun.....anyone else.

9. Jerami profile image58

I was unaware that I was arguing.  didn't mean to sound like it. Thought that I was saying what you might need to hear.
    I might have been mistakes as to what you meant to be saying.
    I don't think that Jesus is a separatist or else he wouldn't driving his wagon through your town wanting everyone to get on the wagon. He will be a separatist to you if ya don't get on the wagon. He definitely did not like that church organization that was going on at that time and I don't think he would like today's churches much better that the old one.

Guess what? I'm not on his wagon. He is a separatist because I don't share his belief. It was his choice to create a separatist belief, not mine.

10. profile image50

Hmmmm....I will admit that the exchange was falling apart a bit and I thank God for the comic relief you provided.

11. Jerami profile image58

Well if we were GOD  we could do anything that we wanted to because we think that we could do it better.  We aint god and we couldn't do it any better.

So god is a separatist?

God is all things.  Any one can look at the things that anyone else is doin and we can find something that WE THINK that they are doing wrong. Many times if we had known everything that that other person knew ?????  WE didn't know

Are you speaking in tongue or riddles again? So, I have more logic than the bible god? How did that happen if I am his creation?

12. profile image50

Would anybody like to support anything they're saying with any scripture ? be specific , no out of context stuff or "I heard it says..."
    The discussion started on Jesus preaching separatism...can anybody support that with anythig Jesus sais and is recorded in the bible?

I'm pretty sure it says follow or go to hell and the belief in jesus is the only way to a favored afterlife.

2. ediggity profile image61

No offense, but a lot of the time people don't want a bunch of scripture thrown in their face.  I'm sure we could all go back and forth throwing out passages that prove, or disprove our comments, but that may just turn people off to the discussion.  They are your posts though, so feel free to drop some scripture whenever you like.

3. Jerami profile image58

Jesus did not like what the Pharasees (the dominant role players in the Temple) were teaching.  Matthew 23 the whole chapter.  Jesus said many times that the religious leaders, of that time,were teaching wrong and living wrong.

So, he created a separatist belief for them all to follow?

13. Jerami profile image58

I once had a wife that argued with me even when I repeater something that she said the day before.  Go figure??

Dude, and I know I am probably going to take a beating for this from the ladies, but that's all women.

I was actually talking about anyone that has an argumentative nature can not agree with anyone regardless of what is being said.

many years ago, sitting around the campfire drinking beer; myself and a few friends figured out what all women want.
            What all women want and then they will be happy for a little while. All that they want is more than they have ever had before. We give it to them And then in a little while , what do they want?

2. Flightkeeper profile image67
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You once HAD a wife. What'd you do kill her for it?

Would ya believe that I finally to make her so happy that she don't argue any more?

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
          Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jerami, if that were true you'd be a billionaire by now wink

No I poor.   keepin on Givin her more than she has ever had before keeps gettin more expenciv-er and er  and er

14. Jerami profile image58

I need a spanking

15. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

Yes, Jesus was a separatist. He said the Father would divide the righteous from the unrighteous, separate them, set them apart.

The old testament is full of admonitions for the Israelites to separate themselves from the idol worshippers and the unrighteous as well.

16. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

As for why a loving God would preach a separatist belief - for the same reason a loving parent does. Stay away from those kids, they're being watched by the police and get in trouble all the time.
    For the same reason we separate ourselves from people with contagious illnesses. For the same reason we separate ourselves from those with congenitally bad attitudes.

It's because it's the best thing to do.

17. Newyork204 profile image60
    Newyork204posted 14 years ago

For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a young wife against her mother-in-law. Indeed, a man’s enemies will be persons of his own household.”—Matt. 10:35, 36

So in a way, yes, he was a Separatist.  But in context.  When you are a real Christian and you are doing the right thing and your friends or family is not than they start to hate you b/c you make them look bad.  Misery loves company.  Like hangs out with like.  If you and your friends are doing drugs for example and then all of a sudden you stop than how does that make your friends look or feel when they pass you a joint and you say "no."

I am an individual, friends contradict my individualism. lol I'm jk.

Nothing wrong with bud, it's not a tool of the devil. Alcohol is the tool of the devil. But it was alright for noah, right?

So, you have to be a christian to not be a separatist. If everyone isn't a christian, what does that make christians? Or do you just label the non christians separatists? Make sense?

18. Newyork204 profile image60
    Newyork204posted 14 years ago

That is what the Bible says.

And I am sort of confused as to what the argument is.  I fairy certain I've missed something??  By Separtist I am not sure what the connotation is.

Separatist: A grouped belief.

19. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

It is easier to belief our parrot Eric wrote the bible than it is to believe it is gods word! lol

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

could be the gods words but not God's word. wink lol

I would too and I haven't even met the parrot. lol

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Eric types. or at least he pecks the keyboard. I think his life theories may be superior to mine. smile I will continue to study Eric the bird. smile

He already sounds smarter than some of the robotic minds. At least his meaning will be unpredictable. lol

20. Sybil Marie profile image59
    Sybil Marieposted 14 years ago

Separatist: A grouped belief

Hi all smile I guess with that definition, yes he was a separatist. But then everyone who has any belief that is different from someone else's and shares that belief with at least one or two other people, by definition, would be considered separatist.We would have to includes scientists that strongly believe in a theory that differs from other groups of scientists. smile

Do scientists tell non believers they are going to hell for not believing their theory?

Gosh I don't thinks so yikes

But Marine I am a believer andI don't tell people that, I don't think I have all the answers. I don'teven know allthe questions:) But I do know where my life was before God was in it and where it is now andbelieve menowismuch better sad

oops! sorry about that I really should have checked it before I posted...forgive me big_smile

I appreciate anyone strong enough to form individual belief. I simply disagree with a grouped separatist belief as the bible.

I appreciated you being honest and humble enough to understand you don't have all the questions or answers. Thank You

21. Sybil Marie profile image59
    Sybil Marieposted 14 years ago

What Kind of Parrot is he? I hear African grays are very smart!

22. Cagsil profile image70

So, in essence, Immortalility is yours?

You can live forever, by changing your energy, to fit another form.

Can YOU Do That?

Has Humankind Evolved That Much That Each Individual Can Control Their Own Energy?

I don't think so. When you die, if there is any energy remaining of yours, it will be simply, either go into Earth, being absorbed or absorbed by the Universe, in general.

You say our energy dies then you say we are immortal. Sounds like a contradiction. Explain this?

23. Cagsil profile image70

You know, the scariest thing I've learned.

You, as a Human, are Immortal.

Your "Life" isn't meant to end.

And, the fact: that it's been hidden from the people for over 3000 years, is a crime.

You care to explain all that? And, will it sound logical?

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)