jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Where is your peaceful place?

1. violetangel profile image38
    violetangelposted 6 years ago

Where is your peaceful place?

It can be real or imaginary and somewhere you go to physically or in your mind when needed

2. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 6 years ago

There is no better place than being in a hammock on a lovely spring day with a good book!

3. violetangel profile image38
    violetangelposted 6 years ago

I so agree, my peaceful places usually do involve a good book. Have been a "book worm" for years! In fact, when dealing with pain today the book "Eat, Pray, Love" helped me get through it. That is my light reading book I go to in times like that. Lately been reading a lot of Joyce Meyer and cannot wait for the new Jim Cymbala book! Now, when I need to escape to my peaceful place (the one in my mind I use during stressful situations) I go back to my Grandpa's farm and walk down the lane with my mother picking wild flowers while enjoying the sounds and smells of summer days. Mom passed several years ago, it's a wonderful memory I return to often. Another peaceful place for me is in my church's sanctuary. I can go there in my mind or in person and know whatever the problem or circumstance, I can leave it at the altar and walk away. I do that often.

4. Lastheart profile image63
    Lastheartposted 6 years ago

I love to be in contact with nature; the ocean, the forest, or any bit of fresh creation of God.