What Happens When You Meditate?

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 6 years ago

What Happens When You Meditate?

2. Druid Dude profile image61
    Druid Dudeposted 6 years ago

Om mani padme om! Om mani padme om! Om mani padme om! Were you addressing me? Sorry, you caught me meditating!smile Retreating into the inner reality, the world around you doesn't fade, but being in it no longer has bearing to where your mind is. I don't chant a mantra, although this is taught by some. Time and space lose their meaning in a deep meditative state. Brain waves change, and the brain enters a phase which is closer to dream state. Consciousness becomes sub-liminal, instead of the sub-conscious.

3. Jewels profile image85
    Jewelsposted 6 years ago

In meditation you can reach many states.  Going beyond the ordinary mind is the aim and in doing so you reach states of silence and stillness that have many benefits.  Your physical health improves because of the ability to rest the life force and turn your consciousness inward and away from the physical.

There are many experiences that have been achieved through meditation.  Lights and colors, vortexes, tunnels, OBE's, space traveling.

I can achieve the state of bliss quite easily and have been able to stop thoughts to the point of watching them come in.  Seeing the structures of thoughts is amazing and consequently knowing that thoughts do not emanate from the brain but beyond it.  Astral worlds are literally awesome - as in the real meaning of the word.

I have written several hubs on meditation.