jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

In an increasingly insane world, is it still even possible to believe life has a

1. oldrick profile image75
    oldrickposted 6 years ago

In an increasingly insane world, is it still even possible to believe life has a purpose?

2. Dottie1 profile image72
    Dottie1posted 6 years ago

YES it is possible to believe life has a purpose. According to our life manual, the Bible, our Creator made us in his image and He says he has a plan and a purpose for our life. Google in "God's Plan for our Life" and you can begin to learn more about it.

3. parwatisingari profile image59
    parwatisingariposted 6 years ago

Of course, we need to know the purpose though, that in itself could be your journey. In case you would like to experiment, (I am currently ) you could phrase an exact question. with your location I don't want the address only a location and any name you would like to call to call yourself I could mail you the finding.

4. oldrick profile image75
    oldrickposted 6 years ago

Thank you both for your answers, Dottie1, yes, relying on external authority is certainly one way to approach this question and has been the response of many people and many different cultures. Parwatisingari, Namaste! And thank you for your kind offer. I intended this question as a general. 'what do you think' question rather than a request for help, but I appreciate and value the compassion in your answer.

5. fitmom profile image83
    fitmomposted 6 years ago

Most definitely! I think I understood more about my purpose after reading The Purpose Driven Life. I highly recommend this book. Very short chapters (1.5 or 2 pages) designed for a chapter a day. It changed my life!

6. Syed Misbahuddin profile image58
    Syed Misbahuddinposted 6 years ago

Yes life has a purpose
    From the perspective of humankind, the question “Why did God create man?”  implies “For what purpose was man created?” 

“I have created the jinn and humankind only for My worship.”

“None of those who call me ‘Lord’ will enter the kingdom of God, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.”

“Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”

“[Remember] when your Lord extracted from the loins of Adam’s children their descendants and made them testify [saying]: ‘Am I not your Lord?’  They said: ‘Yes, we testify to it.’  [This was] in case you say on the Day of Judgment: ‘We were unaware of this.’  Or you say: ‘It was our ancestors who worshipped others besides God and we are only their descendants.  Will you then destroy us for what those liars did?’” (Quran 7:172)

The purpose of life is to worship god.

working