jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do You Think Jesus Christ was the most famous person who ever lived?

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image77
    crazyhorsesghostposted 5 years ago

Do You Think Jesus Christ was the most famous person who ever lived?

No I'm not a religious nut just wondering what people really do think about this. I know to the Christians he is the cornerstone of their religion and to the Muslims he was an important prophet. Did you know that there is no archaeological evidence to prove that he ever lived. So how important do you think he really is. Do you think he is the most important person who ever lived? I will look forward to seeing what people say.

2. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

You are incorrect that there is no archeological evidence to prove that Jesus existed. There is plenty of evidence, including historical evidence corroborated by the secular writers of Jesus' time.

3. vector7 profile image60
    vector7posted 5 years ago

Yes, as His influence stretches beyond any other name in history. He was known even before He came by Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, King David, and all the prophets especially Daniel.

He was known prior to His coming as the Messiah, and the Son of man.

After His birth, during His life on earth, and after His death, and resurrection He was known as Jesus [Yeshua] Christ [Messiah].

Our calendar is built around His very existence. There is no 'bodily' evidence because He is not dead [ as for other evidence, I believe you should keep looking if that is your conclusion, because I've found plenty over the years ] . Christianity never would have become of anything had He not lived, died, and been seen resurrected because no one would be willing to risk their life for a man who cannot save them.

Yes, He is the most important person who ever lived, and still lives.

He is God. Hebrews 1:8-12

4. aguasilver profile image79
    aguasilverposted 5 years ago

Well John Lennon argued that he was better known, but in realistic terms I find it relevant that 2000 years after He walked the earth, a carpenter from a small village, who never wrote a book, never travelled far from home and was killed in the most commonest manner, is still spoken about daily, and has more followers than any other person in history.

Yes I guess that would make Him the most important man to have ever lived.

5. crazyhorsesghost profile image77
    crazyhorsesghostposted 5 years ago

There has never been any archaeological evidence found that supports the existence of Jesus Christ. By this I mean no written record of him or artifacts from him or his ministry have ever been found.

I personally believe he did exist because if he didn't we have indeed been led down a primrose path. I have been to Jerusalem and been to his supposed tomb but it is only word of mouth that says its his tomb.

Most scholars who study Jesus say they believe he really did exist but there is no written record that has his name written down. Though there are records of crucifixions of people from the same time frame by the Romans and the Romans kept detailed records even down to detailed notes of how long someone lived on the cross and what was done with any belongings they had with them. The persons name was almost always written down and no record of Jesus has ever been found.

However their are Roman Census records of the Apostle Paul who wrote much about Jesus including many books in the New Testament.

I want to thank everyone who has gave an answer and I look forward to more.