jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Thou Shall Not Kill?

1. unknown spy profile image73
    unknown spyposted 6 years ago

Thou Shall Not Kill?

It was written on the Ten Commandments. But on the Bible, there are numerous wars, and stating that God is with them. why did God wants people to go to war? why is that the bible claims that God is with His people only? how about the other army? who stands among them? why did God still blessed David after he killed Goliath?

2. profile image0
    jomineposted 6 years ago

Stupid god for stupid people!!
    Warrior god for warrior people!

3. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

I am not an Apologist of the Testaments ...
    I am a Muslim ... I Believe, in the Unalterable "Koran" Stated Truth ... 
    Koran, Vouches the Sanctity of "all" The Stated ... Commandments and Scriptures. Hence, to me, All The Revealed, are Sacred Scriptures

But when, in the Infinite Wisdom of God ... the Scriptures, Revealed before, the Unalterable Koranic Scripture ... were corrupted by Clerics and Fanatics ...
    "The Meanings of, "to Kill" and War faring, stood Altered ... sanctioning, cold blooded Murdering, maiming and Invasion ... in the name of Religion..

In Koran ... The Commandment Is ...
    "If they turn back, from the Covenanted; break the Agreement and do Mischief ... seek out the Transgressors and Kill them" ...

Thus, War ... is Sanctioned by God, as the Acts of the Righteous, Defending their Faith, Hearth, Home, Chastity and Dignity ...

There is no concept of "Turning the Other Cheek" to the Opportunistic invaders ...
    God ... Expects Muslims, to Fight all "Wrong" ... whether Human, or Institutional ...
    Nor is the Concept ... the currently popular "Pre-emptive" War faring ... a Word of God or Islam ... Its an Invention of the Misguided Believers. 

Never Forget ... God Helpeth Muslims, in all Hypocrites "imposed" wars ...
    Because, the very Meaning of the word, Islam, is ... PEACE ... Thus,
    He, The Just ... Fighteth alongside "His Soldiers of Peace" ... exactly as He "Fought" alongside Abraham, Mosses, David, Jesus and Muhammad ... Peace and Blessings of God, be Upon them.

All People ... are Gods People ... but some of His people ... Prefer Killing innocent and the Weak for their personal gains ... Such acts, resting in their Clerical litany.

4. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

"unalterable koran"

I like that one, even though it was written in arabic and one word can have 10 different meanings.

The bible and the koran were written by lots of different primitive men. Hence they contradict themselves all over the place and make no sense.

I find it interesting that Shahid is saying that the koran tells you to kill people. I am actually in the middle of a debate with another muslim who claims that the koran does not say to kill anyone and it is a wrong translation.

What good is an unaltered book when it can already mean anything?

5. Levertis Steele profile image84
    Levertis Steeleposted 5 years ago

If someone walks up to you and your children in a park, draws a gun, and threatens to kill all of you, what would you not do to save your family and yourself? Goliath and the Philistines were enemies of God's people. God did not want people to go to war. He wanted innocent people to protect themselves from evil armies of people who served idol gods. They had to fight just as we do sometimes.

The Bible did not say He was with His people only and no other righteous people. His people are His followers. Anyone who came among God's people and chose to serve Him was accepted. Ruth was an example. Her people back home were idol worshippers. God did not choose the Israelites to be His people only. His long-term plan was to draw the Gentiles to Him. They (Israelites) were his pilot people to attract the rest of the world. Many of them, like us today, did not understand that initially, but He made it plain in the New Testament when He said, "My house is a house of prayer for all men." When He gave Peter on the housetop the dream of the beasts coming down from heaven on a sheet and said, "Rise, Peter, slay and eat." Peter thought His command was literal, but God made him understand that he wanted the Hebrews to stop being self-centered, but to go into the world to attract other nations as well, regardless of race. Those beasts were symbolic of different nations of people that the Hebrews shunned because they thought that God favored them only. He (Jesus) even cautioned his disciples before He went back to Heaven to "Go into all the world to preach the Gospel . . . ." Please Google these quotes to read all. God loves all of us. He made us.

working