jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Does the theme about religion, Jesus, and the Saints no longer matter in today's

1. giopski profile image59
    giopskiposted 6 years ago

Does the theme about religion, Jesus, and the Saints no longer matter in today's world?

It would seem like these themes no longer matter or that they are of lesser priority even here at hubpages among bloggers.  I've posted an article about "Palm Sunday" at some point and it was not read in the same way as my post about "The Vow: The Movie" which got 116 views within just 2 days!  Could I, therefore, deduce from this that indeed these themes (queried) are no longer of relevance today?

2. Man from Modesto profile image84
    Man from Modestoposted 6 years ago

One reason these things are not read is that people either already know about them, or else think they know about them.

The Vow, however, is new. Far less people know what that film is about than know that when Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey, people placed leaves in his path.

3. Civil War Bob profile image60
    Civil War Bobposted 6 years ago

They are quite relevant but we're daily approaching a period Jesus predicted would come and Paul wrote about in 1 Timothy when folks will not want to hear about these things but will prefer to have their ears tickled.  Actually, we should expect the discussions about these themes to get more antagonistic as time proceeds, so you keep steadfast in your walk!! (1Cor.15:58)

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

That is a huge leap to make based on the statistics from one hub.  I am a religious person, but I don't read religious subjects here at Hubpages, just as a matter of personal choice--not because they are not relevant subjects.

I stay away from religious subjects here at Hubpages because it becomes so contentious so quickly.  I have seen very simple questions asked here on a religious subject matter and the disrespectful, sarcastic answers start flying - rather than just not answering the question, the answers can be very belittling and mocking.   

I just don't want to participate in that.

So write what you feel passionate about.  The relevance of it to the general public isn't as important as its relevance to you.

5. Yahl profile image60
    Yahlposted 5 years ago

Yes, because the "world" is not really for God and to those who are elected like me, lol, the world is not ours. We are just passing through this. The home of the elect is really the heaven.

6. irenedes profile image57
    irenedesposted 4 years ago

I found something about Jesus that have change my life and it matters a lot for me.  Very interesting.  http://www.thetruejesus.org/

1. Isa28 profile image57
      Isa28posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Irenedes.  This is interesting.  I like the way they concentrate on the Love aspect.

working