Why are the bulk of questions on HP about religion?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Travis Spears profile image62
    Travis Spearsposted 8 years ago

Why are the bulk of questions on HP about religion?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image86
    M. T. Dremerposted 8 years ago

Maybe religion is just a subject that people really want to talk about? Considering this is a website that is designed to give you a voice, it seems natural that hot button issues would come up a lot.

3. Biomedical profile image67
    Biomedicalposted 8 years ago

I believe most of them are insults posed as questions. If any good answers are posted, those answers are rebuffed by the poster.
    Basically, there is a large group of atheists attacking nothing at all (according to them.) If I found myself hating nothing, I would take a serious and careful look at my real motivation.

1. Austinstar profile image84
      Austinstarposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think you are wrong. I post probing religious questions to try to get people to actually think about how religion is affecting their lives and the lives around them. Most religious people copy/paste bible verses over & over. They don't think fi

2. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Atheist aren't "attacking nothing at all"
      This is twisting the facts. They are showing believers how ridiculous ancient fraudulent holy books are, and that it requires blind faith, fear, and willful ignorance to belief this fraud. Gods are imaginary

3. chuckandus6 profile image78
      chuckandus6posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I find that I see.more.religious people attacking and insulting and not a lot of atheists,who usually are just defending themselves.

4. profile image0
      Stargrrlposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Robert is 100 percent correct.

5. Biomedical profile image67
      Biomedicalposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Lela, I understand that is how most atheists justify their attacks. But, that makes no sense. Christians reach out to the deceived to save them from Hell. Why do atheists attack Christ?
      PS- Thanks for rebuffing & proving me accurate.

6. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Rob: Atheist know the Word better than most believers! That's the problem! There is too much "written" that conflicts with sinful areas in their lives so they rebuff! Now they're "self-righteous!" Really, they "envy" us!Torn between "flesh"&"spir

4. Georgie Lowery profile image91
    Georgie Loweryposted 8 years ago

In some cases, since questions are monetized, I think some people ask these kinds of questions to get more views and thus more dollars.

5. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 8 years ago

This is the age of spiritual awakening. Some of us sense it more strongly than others. Some not at all. But awareness, overall, is increasing.

This is the age of the shrinking world. Communication with people from all over the world is now possible. With humility, we can learn from millions of viewpoints. In this humility, the point in the heart opens and we sense a connection to everyone else. This is the spiritual awakening.

This is the age of heightened polarization. The forces of evil (psychopathic elite and their minions) are playing egos against one another to "divide and conquer." In the midst of this building division, many are starting to sense the optimum path of neutral balance -- zero ego. This is the start of spiritual awakening.

Many are hungry for this awakening, but some are not yet prepared for it. They are using ego to open the door away from ego and are thus blocking their own path. We see this in the Fundamentalists who think they are right and in the secularitists who know they are right.

Those who know that they don't know are most prepared to learn the way.

1. Say Yes To Life profile image80
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I LOVE your answer! Since the world is shrinking, it is important to learn from other cultures. Rather than war over who has the best religion (ego), we need to compare and share!

2. Biomedical profile image67
      Biomedicalposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yet, atheists insist they know that there is no God. Virtually impossible to prove the null hypothesis. But, atheists blindly believe it true.

6. profile image52
    Norine Williamsposted 8 years ago

Travis, we came from God and we will eventually go back to God!  No matter what one has accomplished, when all is said and done, something is still missing! And that Something is Jesus! 

I don't know what stage of life you're in (but from your picture, you appear young), and I know that you are now trying to "Get all you can, and can all you can Get" (if like most others), but there will come a time when you realize that you belong to God and not yourself and all things that you have accomplished are "temporal!"

If people would realize during their youth that Matthew 6:33 is TRUE "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteous and ALL THESE THINGS will be added to you,"  it would certainly make their lives easier!

People know (after accomplishing as many material things as they can) there is still something missing!  We then look deep inside and realize "It has to be more to life than this?"  We own homes, cars, businesses, etc., yet there must be something more for we still feel "unfulfilled!" 

Who else are we able to turn to, but JESUS!  Then we began "seeking" truth in His Word.  We establish a "personal  relationship" with the Holy Spirit and He leads and guides us into the truth in His Word!  Once Scripture is understood (via Holy Spirit), we realize that it is our "responsibility" as per Scripture, to teach "all nations!"

HubPages is a wonderful place to "teach" those who have been misguided by "religion," or "tradition,"  those who are "unbelievers," those who don't have a personal relationship with the Lord!  For we all must return to our Maker one day and it would behove "ALL" to study His Word, rightly dividing It within the right dispensation, for righteousness, so that we may enter into His Kingdom ("eternal life")!

People are either "seeking" to fill the void (if they don't know Jesus) while others are on HubPages spreading the Gospel of Christ (Good News)! However, you know Satan has to get "into the mix" for his job is to "Kill, steal and destroy" (John 10:10) anyone that he knows really loves and knows the Lord!  He constantly attacks those that teach "truth" trying to prevent ALL from knowing Jesus would fill that "void!"

Hope this helps,
    Blessings

1. Travis Spears profile image62
      Travis Spearsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The question didn't derive from some void I have personally. The Q&A section of a blog site just didn't seem like the place to explore the mysteries of the universe.

2. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Travis: Speaking "in general!"  ANYPLACE is a great "place to explore" and learn of Jesus! That is our job as a disciple Matt 28:20!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)